Thread: Static/Dynamic telltale sign

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Static/Dynamic telltale sign

I'm replying here, so I don't take over the thread. I suspect this topic might get some feedback and too much attention for an offtopic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    What's the dynamic telltale, Kri?
    dynamics are supposed to have horisontal lines and statics are supposed to have vertical lines on the forehead. I used to think that all such telltale signs are BS, but then I started noticing it. After a while it seemed so reliable, that I have to tell myself that I'm still testing the theory! ENFps and ENFjs are the easiest to tell apart with this method, for the rest of the human kind, the lines are more blurry.

Young people are easiest to observe, because they barely have any lines, and when they do, it must be caused by a strongly characteristic look.

ESxj with the characteristic EJ raised eyebrow look, which creates horisontal lines:

ENFp with the vertical lines (ENTps often push their eyebrows together, forming a characteristic look and vertical lines):

Introverted people barely have any lines at all, especially INxjs. Their eyebrows barely move so they don't get lines. .
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-bg

Default Re: Dynamic telltale sign

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Introverted people barely have any lines at all, especially INxjs. Their eyebrows barely move so they don't get lines. .
    this is pretty true for me... except I do have a bit of a vertical frown lines thing going right above my nose and in between my eyes.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol when I talk peter sometimes sarcastically says "I don't believe you Joy, you didn't raise your eyebrows high enough," which is a strange thing because I don't generally use a lot of facial expressions (that's what some people have told me at least, though perhaps I'm more in the middle in that regard, for the most part)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introverted people barely have any lines at all, especially INxjs. Their eyebrows barely move so they don't get lines.
    Which is why (when combined with the generally skinny nature) we get complimented on how youthful and cute we look!
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

lol I'm not skinny at all... I used to be... but I've gained a whole lot a weight since I quite tweaking.... like 60 lbs or so in the past year. That's a change in metabolism thing though I think.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I age, I have been getting this awful vertical line between my eyebrows. So it works for me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought of wrinkles as having to do with a combination of genes and environment. Haven't looked seriously into the possiblity of them revealing type. But then again, you hear the expression "laugh lines" which is associated to people who tended to laugh a lot throughout their lives.

My dad would always say...you have the same "thought" line that I have. It's because we are thinkers. Thinkers develop that line. Your mom doesn't have that line. lol <3 dad.

I have both. I have a vertical line between my eye and nose that comes up. And I have horizontal lines on my forehead that also come up.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have both as well.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't generally use a lot of facial expressions (that's what some people have told me at least, though perhaps I'm more in the middle in that regard, for the most part)

I think you do, especially in candid pictures. I have some funny ones ^.^

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have almost no lines on my face at all when it is relaxed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't generally use a lot of facial expressions (that's what some people have told me at least, though perhaps I'm more in the middle in that regard, for the most part)

I think you do, especially in candid pictures. I have some funny ones ^.^
    I suppose it depends on the company... if I'm with people I'm close to I do, but among acquaintances or strangers I don't.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is that it's somewhat difficult to tell from your mirror image. The lines are a result of the specific expressions. It's more reliable to look for the first-hand cause - the expression itself.

For example, Erkki is nearby with dynamic raised eyebrows, but it's different from how I would do it. My hairline barely raises, but my eyebrows raise quite a bit, giving me strong lines. His hairline raises with the eyes, so he does have the expression, but not so much the lines.

A certain subtype (Ti?) of ENTps tend to have the kind of clever "Wait til you hear what I can teach you" look... Or in this picture, "Now let me think about this..."

(ENTp)

(Thomas Mann, ENFj?! That's the most accurate picture of the static extression)

And it's not about one moment, it's generally how the eyebrows move... Strongly static types also raise their eyebrows when they ask questions and expressive dynamics pull their eyebrows down and together when worried. It doesn't make the difference non-existent - my thinking-expression is with eyebrows high and I can't imagine myself having the static expression for any other reason than gesticulation and theatrics.

Dynamic expression seems to not be a photo expression. Not the best possible pictures...

E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Introverted people barely have any lines at all, especially INxjs. Their eyebrows barely move so they don't get lines.
    Which is why (when combined with the generally skinny nature) we get complimented on how youthful and cute we look!
    It makes me feel good to know that.

@ Kristina: what does dynamics means and which types do u consider dynamics? Hope u can enlighten me 'cos I'm not familiar with the term.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    It makes me feel good to know that.

@ Kristina: what does dynamics means and which types do u consider dynamics? Hope u can enlighten me 'cos I'm not familiar with the term.
    It's the Rainin dichotomy. Dynamics are all Exxj and Ixxp types. Statics are Ixxj and Exxp types. I have also read that dynamic and static is a quantitative trait. A person can be 50% dynamic, 50% static. ENxjs were the most dynamic, but that's all I remember for sure. The webpage is no longer available.

Dynamics see the world as a process, a chain of events that lead to other events. Statics see events as a momentary observation. The difference became the most clear to me when I read something in a text that an INTj had written. "B happened because A had happened", "C is the result of both B and A. A triggers B to happen.". It really sucked. I had to rephrase it into my personal process world view:

static: "B happened because A had happened",
    dynamic: "A happened and caused B to happen",

static: "C is the result of both B and A. A triggers B to happen.".
    Dynamic: "A triggers B. When there are both A and B then they trigger C together"

Statics can phrase it in the right order, but it's more of a chance than anything else. Rick has named such consecutive logic as a sign of , but it's probably got something to do with the fact that all Te types are dynamics.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should this thread be in general discussion in stead?
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have both in that I have some light horizontal lines. But I definitely mainly have a vertical line.

Did you mean that people would *only* have one or the other, or that one would be dominant, Kristiina?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I do have both in that I have some light horizontal lines. But I definitely mainly have a vertical line.

Did you mean that people would *only* have one or the other, or that one would be dominant, Kristiina?
    There was a scale of how dynamic and how static a person is...

The most dynamic.....................................the most static.
    They types are somewhere in between. It seemed the most noticeable with Ni and Ne.
    Maybe it was ENxj...INxp...ESxj...ISxp...ESxp...ISxj...ENxp...I Nxj
    E3 (probably 3w4)