Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smilex's type

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Smilex's type

scaling down on content
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. ?

2. ESTj

3. IXTp

4. INTj

5. ENTj

6. ?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, the second kid looks like me as a kid
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't seem to laugh outwardly much.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I get the point...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    1. ?

2. ESTj

3. ISTp

4. INTj

5. ENTj

6. ?
    E/I S/N Tj
    Averages out somewhat decently

Have to admit that number three is a bit too slouching and a bit too uncaring but I couldn't resist the one open top button, the exact sort of jacket that I wear everywhere and the grim sort of delta image, there's so much good in that one.

Number four, the only Ti-type, why?

@Dio: I generally laugh only with my eyes until I sort of break out in a loud guffaw, it happens a lot but I have no idea what I look like in the middle of a full-blown laugh-fest. But I don't communicate constant happiness.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6-ISTJ IMO

Smilingeyes, I was wondering what your eyes look like when you really smile. Not inside, but just you know with old friends having a beer and talling a joke sort of thing.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

none of these pictures have the same type by VI.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that smilex should bite the bulllet..er cable...and post a real pic of himself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, just post of pic of yourself.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smilex is tricky

But the pictures are all gone so I don't get to figure out which one is him
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    6-ISTJ IMO
    Hmm... Let's add that, and in my opinion number 1 is ESFj so we get...

E/I STJ.

Hmm, seems reasonably good as VIs go.

@Gilligan: I didn't really remove them, maybe the photoserver was having trouble when you looked.

@Rocky: I already did post one once. The photo was from an old theater event though so I wasn't in my ordinary clothes. It was also a somewhat edited/photomanipulated version.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Dr Smilex MD

I'm ESTj. What type am I and why?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type Lord Smilex

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    I think you accidentally reversed the order of sentences in that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Mmm... No. But nice answer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.yrt I ,uoy knahT
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very in the spirit of the question.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought this was part of smilex's intentional quirky charm.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti > Te
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm... No. But nice answer.
    No, I think that he is quite right in this matter, you did seem to reverse the proper order of the question. You start of by establishing your type in postulate #1 ("I'm ESTj") and then go about asking other people what type you are and why the following question. Where is the logic in saying "I'm Buddhist, but now what is my religion and why?" If you were to say that "I am confident that I am an ESTj, but I am curious as to what other people think about my type and why they think as such." that would be quite different than simply the definitively redundant "I'm ESTj. What type am I and why?"
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you post your CV/Resume? The one that you actually submit to potential employers.

And some images of yourself.

And write extensively about future aspirations.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord? No. What about servant or slave?

Err. I think ESTj fits. No why. Just a feeling.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Logos:

So?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Lord?
    There's a history to it. In the early days of the forum two people used this way to refer to me independently of each other. (The first one was in pm if I remember correctly). I thought it was amusing so I use it sometimes when I wish to appear quirky and subversively charming.

@Mariano: I've never ever used a cv. I've always walked to the boss of a given institution, described my personal history and wish to work in the place and usually gotten hired in short order.

No pictures. I apologize for this.

My few next years of the future I aim to specialize in one of the surgical specialities. Whatever time is left over I wish to use towards two goals, to get into better physical health and condition and to find a suitable woman with whom to start a family. Qualifications for the latter being: nice soft character, nice looks, likes me, healthy. After said goals are fulfilled I aim to take it as easy as it is possible without failing any possible duties my job and family life at that point entail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Smilingeyes,

I've read about your type and its transitions over time. Upon re-examination through a different lens, you might agree with me that your type did not change from ESTj -> ESFj -> ENFj -> ENTj per your old theory; rather, you simply travelled around the ring of benefit. And, btw, I do believe that one's core type is always the same. If you examine your story, you will see that at each turning point in your life, you somehow inwardly identified with some negative trait/vulnerability that is stereotypically associated with your dual, and then you sought to correct that vulnerability by focusing on the next type's ego block functions along the ring of benefit. For example, when you felt physically threatened for some reason by bullies ~ first think of an INFj threatened by ESTps. What was the resolution? You didn't become ESFj, but ESFp - kindness became power to you - as you networked as an "ambassador" of sorts in order to strengthen your Se in response to your felt stress. Etc. Politics now became your forte. (Had you become an ESFj, there would've been some strange new emphasis on hospitality or grand emotional displays etc.) Now, the ENFj thing was a reaction to some internal INTp vulnerability inside, and then you progressed to ENTp after that ... which helped you with your research. Research favors ENTps a million times over ENTjs, generally speaking.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Lord? No. What about servant or slave?
    Alas, dear friend, you've caught me, trousers down and pecker in the donkey as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Err. I think ESTj fits. No why. Just a feeling.
    That's fine.

@Joy

@Astral

Wow, that's certainly a novel idea. Do you think this moving along the ring of benefaction happens to others too? And which of the types mentioned am I really?

@implied

I get you a lot better than I used to. And it seems vice versa. Did you ever find a type that you were happy with? I can't remember.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Premise A: You are ESTj.

The law of identity says: A = A

So, given the truth of premise A and the law of identity we have: if A, then A.

Conclusion: You are an ESTj.

Question: Why are you an ESTj?

Answer: That depends on what you mean by the expression "why".

If you are seeking a causal explanation of why you are an ESTj, my long answer is too long. My short answer is: Because you were born with an ESTj's essential brain structure.

If you are seeking a teleological explanation, my answer is: I have no opinion, I have no idea -- and therefore I am an ignorant Taoist.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but when I read this, the first answer that comes to my mind is:

You are the TYPE of guy that thinks of himself as being very interesting and tries to impress others with this kind of nonsense.

(and calling yourself "Lord", only emphasizes the truth behind my answer.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i really don't know lord voldemort.

i agree with joy; Ti is greater than Te.

perhaps you and UDP can sit in the illusionary chair awhile and then get back to who you might really be: intj.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smilingeyes
    @Astral

Wow, that's certainly a novel idea. Do you think this moving along the ring of benefaction happens to others too? And which of the types mentioned am I really?
    I'd have to read the whole thread before guessing your type; but, based on what you shared before on this forum - the account you gave as linked through the wiki - ESTj seems valid.

No one changes their type; however, there is a REASON why these "rings" of benefit and supervision exist ... it's the pointer to understand the potential paths of cognitive dynamics and type development in a deeper way. This IS the pathway toward a more comprehensive theory. The changes a person experiences within can be so radical though that it can be hard to accept one's core type as really being one's core type, depending on the season of life they're in.

Everyone has one core type which does not really change. A person can "shift" their type around the ring of benefit, as well as along the ring of supervision wrt psychological themes and cognitive functions which the individual pursues and focuses on. These are probably all flavored by one's core type. If someone is not centered on their core type, there's a good chance that the person is unhappy and/or needs to adapt due to external circumstances. If for some reason one does not develop their ego function enough - e.g., if you do not feel able to express/develop your creative function, you're apt to begin "growing inside out" a bit on a cognitive level as you tap other functions in order to sustain a coping style to get through life. But it will be harder to feel happy and healthy, and feel like you are striving a lot in order to get through. There may be other possibilities in this sphere of type development - e.g., to be contect with circumstances, yet grow anyway, maybe per the "self-actualization" hypothesis. And, one could even argue that the stress vs eustress precipators may even be one and the same, as far as self-actualization is concerned. That is, whether the cause is good or bad, the resulting cognitive development might still be constructive either way.

Sample mode delineations (forgive me, these are still impressionistic):

ISFp -> INFj : Over-emergent/Aspirational Ego (ie, the Benefactor id flatters oneself)
    ISFp -> ISTj : Regressive/Unconscious/Degrading yet reliable fallback
    ISFp -> INTp : Self-Alienated, Striving (& yet, maybe defensive relief?)
    ISFp -> ENFj : Eccentric/Out-of-Control
    ISFp -> ESTj : Progressive/Solving problems indigenous to one's type

I don't have a mechanism yet for the Supervision transitions and don't have my notes with me to lay out the ring of benefit ones. But it's pretty easy to play around with this model and see what might account for this shift or that. E.g., listing functional grids in matrix form to see the patterns of where and how transitions occur ... and imagining what that might look like on both psychological and behavioral levels (through the lens of one's core type, of course).

Incidentally, even from a vi standpoint I have seen enough transitions between these two rings in common facial features/expressive emanations that we might do well to pay more attention to these types of boundary value problems ... like cognitive wave transitions.

Example

=core= Let's say my type is ISFp. Incidentally, I never would type ISFp on a test in all my life, nor do I find any of the ISFp profiles particularly fitting/compelling. But (for various reasons) let's say I am in fact ISFp and that others see me as ISFp. Inside, though, I usually feel like an INTp wrt my self concept ~ ugly, unlovable, undesirable, often too cold and mean, critical, brooding, too imaginative and spacey (INxp?), depressive, overly analytical, social misfit, hermit, theorist, schizoid, excessively morbid, preoccupied with death, fear, loneliness, isolation, alienation, overvaulting my love interests, scorned, idolatrous, etc. I feel like Gollum. In other words, I see potentially negative, archetypal INTp traits in myself. I am all too in touch with everything that is bleak and harsh around me ... it's an ongoing, end-of-the-world nuclear fallout type of consciousness contained within. Very dark and pessimistic. So behaviorally I instinctively overcompensate for this all the time. What people then see IRL is someone who is friendly, nice, happy, needs to have comfort and innocent and beautiful things around, loving anything suggestive of the source of LIFE and goodness, abundance, accomodating, ingratiating, cheerful, hopeful, and trying to dispense whatever blips of good I can in such a fallen, dysfunctional, depraved and unhappy world. (Albeit, despite this investment in being good-natured, I'm still reclusive and hard to REALLY get to know ...)

=benefactor= Now, most of the time, it just so happens that in my case I *believe* I can incredibly relate to INFj ~ at least the archetype and profiles - so much so that I have had enough "INFj experiences" eg based on the following themes: empathy, rich inner complex emotional life, emotional seduction (relating to an Underworld or Depeche Mode level of intensity - sorry if this does not make sense - it is a complex blending of the "being loved/lovable" archetypal ISFp versus the yearning and emptyness of archetypal INTp), seeking that which is ancient yet also that which is futuristic (ie, timelessness => ESTj, dual-seeking stability), highly creative, humanistic, oodles of psychic/paranomal experiences, physical vulnerability, conspiracies and other junk. I heavily relate to INFj. I consider this to be an "over-emergent ego" on my part. Oddly, when I relate to my INFJ-ishness, I *feel* like I am growing and progressing as an individual. I feel "adept" and capable and unique - my sense of self is affirmed, even flattered, and like I can "do it all" - I feel well-equipped. And yet when I meet (few) INFjs IRL, I put them on pedestals. Yet, strangely, in my case I feel like the inner richness I perceive in INFjs, when I get to know them, actually isn't there at all. It's like a dry well. Everything I project and think I see in them, and aspire to be, strangely is contained within my own being - not theirs - and I get bored with them after a while. Yet they still hold this allure, of how I "should" be.

=superego= Often, especially when I get depressed in life, I can relate to the INTp. I love design and architecture and theories ... structures of all kinds, and building systems. I have held many analytical and technical positions which required detailed, logical thinking and have solved many engrg/design and data quality challenges in my time, at a professional level; and have also succeeded in higher maths and sci courses in university, even at the top of the class. And I have a genius IQ. (So much for those "dumb ISFps" and their "poor logic.") I value efficiency and have even had a spartan style of living at times in my life, purely based on function and minimalism. I have learned how to freeze my emotions and be completely cold with people and aloof, and have gone through these periods in life. I have known the awkwardness of not knowing how to appropriately respond to others in emotional situations, and am often inclined to flee from such potential scenes even since "there's no point - what can I contribute?" And I have also learned how to cut myself off from people completely and be perfectly content without much meaningful relationship over long periods of time, often because "people don't interest me" and "people don't understand me" and "people relations are too messy and i just want peace" and "i don't need people to affirm who i am because i am unique and do not fit in anyway and secretly i know i am special/hated (it flips)." So I have often lived an ivory tower sort of life, and often pining after people I love and put on pedestals (ie, romantic interests). This is all - in a sense - INTp-ish at a symbolic level. Notice how much I have to be denying my creative Fe in order to be living this way ...

=beneficiary= And lastly, the ISTj. I attract a lot of ISTjs, and most often I turn them away. Like I put the INFjs on pedestals; ISTjs often put ME on the pedestals. Some irritate me outright and even "scare" me but I've grown close to a few (who, obviously, do not). While I haven't even allowed myself much time to think of how ISTj-ish I can really get, subconsciously I occasionally get that way when I get really pedantic about how something should be performed, what the "rules and standards are which must be obeyed," when I get really judgmental of people and situations (which is weird to even type), when I get adamant and controlling in the name of all these things, etc. I have enjoyed working in data quality roles which were all about precise methods of conforming engineering data to strict requirements with great success, working through data messes others did not wish to take on in order to bring about clarity and detailed accuracy per strict standards to fit the system. This is could be ISTj-ish, I suppose ... (and also Si comes to play wrt such detail, in a way ... see how these themes can overlap/progress?) ISTjs are inclined to scold me for my ISFp-ness when they are guilty of the same qualities they blame me for - they act them out unconsciously (e.g., as they are sometimes the MOST people-pleasing and helpful through practical tasks and ultimately being approval-seeking (WAY more than me, IMO!) in search of "being cute and loved and appreciated" - which some could argue is what ISFps allegedly aim for (yet I don't think ISFps really do).

Ramble on, ramblin` crayon ...

!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Sorry but when I read this, the first answer that comes to my mind is:

You are the TYPE of guy that thinks of himself as being very interesting and tries to impress others with this kind of nonsense.

(and calling yourself "Lord", only emphasizes the truth behind my answer.)
    supervision?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone who refers to themselves as "Lord" deserves to be typed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    good point

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Logos:

So?
    So is what the Word becomes.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I think astralsilky is on to something

I have to say that I don't believe in type change, not the way Smilingeyes described it: ESFj -> ENFj -> ENTj -> ESTj. I don't believe it because I have never observed it in either myself or anyone else I have been in contact with for decades.

That doesn't mean that it can't happen, of course, and if he says he experienced it, then it's difficult to say that he hasn't. Perhaps some people do experience it, and others don't.

However, for the sake of argument, I will raise the possibility. I will assume - for the sake of argument - that he has one type, and that at different points of his life he behaved in ways that could be described as ESFj, ENFj, ENTj, ESTj.

Of course, that one type will be neither of those 4. It will be something else. A type which, at least at some levels, could behave and perceive things in ways not too different from ESFj, ENFj, ENTj, ESTj. But it couldn't be any of these.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    You're taking the fun right out of it . . .

Better now?

@Expat: You surprise me.
    @Jarno: Ok?
    @Phaedrus: Thank you.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can people say that type doesn't change? It's just like saying this post doesn't exist. It's not an opinion. It's just like saying a gorilla is a banana. I mean, a gorilla is a banana in the sense that if he eats one, it becomes part of him, just like if an ESTj eats an ISFp, an ESTp is formed...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-bg

please don't eat the ISFps... we don't do anything to deserve that sort of treatment

(besides we're poisonous unless you prepare us just right :wink: )

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do people think Smilex is Ti? Are you seeing NE?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    However, for the sake of argument, I will raise the possibility. I will assume - for the sake of argument - that he has one type, and that at different points of his life he behaved in ways that could be described as ESFj, ENFj, ENTj, ESTj.

Of course, that one type will be neither of those 4. It will be something else. A type which, at least at some levels, could behave and perceive things in ways not too different from ESFj, ENFj, ENTj, ESTj. But it couldn't be any of these.
    quoted for truth. maybe one can adopt the different roles of their temperament ring, but not actually become those types.

but i still think, even if we go with this idea, it would be very hard, just using myself as an example, to pull off enfp or esfp due to the polr of entp.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast