Thread: type the whitch that makes my life miserable

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type the whitch that makes my life miserable

*this little piggy had roast beef*
    Last edited by felafel; 12-17-2010 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She sounds like someone with very low focus on , perhaps INTp or ISTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't have a firm opinion on your type, but could it be that you are ENFj rather than ENFp? Your description of her sounded like an ENFj might see an INTp or ISTp.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhmmm yeah that is precisely how my ENFj dad sees my ISTp husband.

You said you aren't sure you're ENFp, right? Have you read the ENFj description?

How I see ISTjs and INTjs - the ones ENFps often have trouble with - is as know-it-alls, inflexible, and as people who have to have everything their way.

Being uncommunicative doesn't bother me at all.

Also, when you said that it bothers you that she can't tell that you can't stand her and don't want her to be there, it sounds like how people with strong Fe feel about people with weak Fe.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she doesn't seem to be bothered that i clearly can't stand her there - or maybe she doesn't get it? keeps watching cartoons and seems to enjoy it.
    Perhaps it's likely she doesn't get it. And that upsets you more.

You might want to consider INFp as a possible type for you too.

edit: Oops sorry for this rash conclusion (see your reply above).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's tricky. People can be socionics introverts and still be extraverted in the typical sense of the word. And vice versa.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-bg

jealousy can be a mighty beast as well though. It sounds to me like that could also be the basis of this bad relationship instead of personality types.
    (and I'm speaking of both ends... both what you've said about her and how I percieve her attitude towards you) Not to make you paranoid but have you inquired if there's some sort of history between the two? Maybe a secret crush on her end? Or if she always acts in that withdrawn sort of way?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    *deleted*
    Yes, enfps CAN very much dislike someone, there's definitely no rule against that. Funny thing is....we might hate them to pieces and dream of their demise.....but, alas, we still recognize their right to live...and well...we may not openly show our aggression.

As for this girl in particular...
    I think that maybe the biggest issue you are having with her is that she is a prominant figure in your bf's life....and yet, she has not done anything to recognize your existence, to recognize you as a person. Your being the current gf, it's no wonder you are having issues with her.

These other people have had time to either get to know her, or to get used to her style of "presence". It will take you time as well.

As for the tv watching incident....some people are just flat out oblivious to others (and not just T types nor I types)...some people just don't care. I would think that the first thing you might want to try determining is whether she is the oblivious or doesn't care type of person.

Based on your description, for all we know, she could be feeling uncomfortable with you present and is doing the whole disconnecting/avoidance behavior thing. There are just too many options on what little information you have given us.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK well given later info, like that she has at some point KISSED YOUR BOYFRIEND, your reaction doesn't necessarily tell anything about your type.

I get jealous too. If I were you, I'd be pissed off with the boyfriend for letting her stay.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-bg

honestly I don't trust my typing skills enough to say and besides I think the jealousy thing is probably skewing things alot. I recognized the situation though because I was in her position once. The nezt step (for me) was that I made a sort of manic friendship with the boyfriend when they got married but always kept a sort of passive-aggressive attitude towards him. It's a very rough situation that I wish I could offer some advice on. In the end everybody's feelings got hurt

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    OK well given later info, like that she has at some point KISSED YOUR BOYFRIEND, your reaction doesn't necessarily tell anything about your type.

I get jealous too. If I were you, I'd be pissed off with the boyfriend for letting her stay.
    that's pretty much what happened with the triangle I was involved in... that seems to be the way it slides down into more bad mojo... He's probably going to feel too bad about it to do that to her.... which is going to piss you off... which is going to give her some secret satisfaction... which is going to.... (insert spiral downward here)

sorry I'm not much help

at least there's no meth involved in your case (I assume) that just intensified the whole thing times a million

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*deleted*
    I would want her to move her ass somewhere else too. :frown:

As for her type, I agree with Expat. Person's low on the so you can guess what it is from there. :|

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*deleted*
    This actually reminds me of something that I once was criticised for

The accusation was that I was "boring" because I didn't try to make my answers "interesting" by "elaborating on them". Upon prodding my mother for an example of my "dullness", it turned out that the coward was offended simply because I answered "It's average" in response to the question, "So, what is school like over there?". At the time, I didn't feel like talking -- especially about a painful topic like school -- and didn't want to confide in her, since she was the sort of person to ask only out of propriety (in your words: "out of mere polite interest", which isn't likely to encourage others to be sincere). Besides, my experiences in school really were average to me, hence unworthy of discussion. Perhaps you should have been more specific with your question by asking her the sort of difficulties she encounters in her job, why she chose that job, and so on.

As for the nodding... I doubt she does it out of a feeling of superiority. I do that to people all the time because I feel awkward and get tongue-tied around strangers. At least she doesn't stare at you in silence when you ask her questions?
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Creepy-bg

make her a fat-ass mix tape and put in the tapeplayer whenever she comes around

Creepy-bg

*deleted*

uhhhh.... you probably don't want to know (that was my ex before we got together and had a wholly unsatisfying and strained few months together ) so now I've moved on to her younger sister

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*deleted*
    If it's true that she has weak extraverted feeling and also going by your description of her, she could... could be.. an ISTp. I'm not discounting other types but ISTp is my guess at the moment.

LoL. Well, you can chat a lot around her, laugh loudly and be as effusive as possible and hope that she'll jet herself out of sight. But I don't know what will happen after that (since she's a close friend of your boyfriend.)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She still sounds like an ISTp to me. Even the living on the boat thing. Except ISTps don't want everyone's attention, I don't think. But that detail isn't consistent with everything else you've written so I'm not going to dwell on that.

Off socionics for a minute and onto unsolicited advice . . . uhm I think your beef should be with your boyfriend. If he's dropping everything to rush to her rescue, there's still *something* between the two of them, whether it's acted upon or not. Add the kissing incident to that and, personally, I'd be looking for a new boyfriend.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*deleted*
    In that case, both parties might come away feeling better if you were to stop trying to show a polite interest in her until you know her enough -- through others' accounts, for example -- to be sincerely interested in her. You don't have much to lose, since the "polite interest" tactic hasn't been working anyway.

Do you ask habitually questions similar to that example question of yours? While it is pretty rude to stare into the void, not even I can bring myself to respond to opinion polls with enthusiasm. You might like to consult this article: How to start a meaningful, interesting conversation?

You could even start by asking her the motives behind her "standoffish" behaviour. Or by kindly pointing out how some of her actions might spoil relations with others.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is ISTp... and I'd love to have some solid VI of her.

Does she look anything like this?
    http://www.typetango.com/personal-pr...zzzzin&photo=1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somehow i think ISTp. maybe INTp, too.

and quote raisonpure:

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    As for the nodding... I doubt she does it out of a feeling of superiority. I do that to people all the time because I feel awkward and get tongue-tied around strangers. At least she doesn't stare at you in silence when you ask her questions?

that is the worst thing to be misunderstood on. i do that sort of thing, too. shitty. /:
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She still sounds like an ISTp to me. Even the living on the boat thing. Except ISTps don't want everyone's attention, I don't think. But that detail isn't consistent with everything else you've written so I'm not going to dwell on that.

Off socionics for a minute and onto unsolicited advice . . . uhm I think your beef should be with your boyfriend. If he's dropping everything to rush to her rescue, there's still *something* between the two of them, whether it's acted upon or not. Add the kissing incident to that and, personally, I'd be looking for a new boyfriend.

I'm leaning towards ISTp for the friend, too. If this is in fact the case, I think we can rule out HDWAF as an ENFp. None of this seems to gel with what I understand of how ISTp/ENFp duality works. It seems to me that an ENFp would just naturally pick up on how an ISTp operates, jealous rage or not.

Oh, and I'm seriously LOLing at some of the jealousy responses from you women. It's nice to know that in the future when I get into a relationship I'll be expected to ditch any and all of my female friends at a moments notice on the whims of the current girlfriend.
    ; 5w6

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only the ones you KISSED. And even then I just said don't have her stay all night.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd do that too. Kissing? That's a lil too much.
    Anyway, from this thread, you don't sound ENFp.

Don't know if she's ISTp though. I thought ISTps don't like having everyone's attention. And calling your bf when he was late and making a fuss doesn't sound too ISTp to me. But I can't be a good judge of that. I'm not too good at typing people, even worse at spotting ISTps. =\
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't try to type the felafel based upon the intertype theory. its too weak imo to be used that way. would anyone but an efp type try so hard to remain loyal to her lover while secretly letting all of this build up?
    THE BEARD HEARD HIS MOVEMENT AND MADE AN ATTACK RUN BUT DID NOT ACTUALLY ATTACK HIM

viva palestina

I must have Fe as a polr because the more I read Felafel's message the more I want to scream. I act just like that person she hates, always merely nodding at people to acknowledge that they said something but I often don't care to get much deeper unless it's something I'm truly interested in. I'd be interested in hearing what this person who is hated by Felafel thinks of Felafel. I have my suspicions about what she would say.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what if this girl i'm trying to type is ESTJ? Anyone considered that? If i'm an INFP that'd make her my conflictor. She might also fit parts fo the description.
    The way you described her behavior, she seemed a more relaxed, go-with-the-flow, kind of person (IP) than a proactive, restless, kind of person (EJ). If she's more like the latter, she could be ESTj, but that is not the general impression so far.

You have described her mainly as how a high person sees a low person, that is why people are thinking of IXTp, and a few other details suggest more ISTp than INTp, but she could also be INTp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: still not sure
    THE BEARD HEARD HIS MOVEMENT AND MADE AN ATTACK RUN BUT DID NOT ACTUALLY ATTACK HIM

viva palestina

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: type the whitch that makes my life miserable

*deleted*

Your boyfriend is INFP IMO.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surethat Felafel is ENFP, she is very laid back, ENFJs are very strict
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, when you said that it bothers you that she can't tell that you can't stand her and don't want her to be there, it sounds like how people with strong Fe feel about people with weak Fe.
    the fact that she can't tell that i don't want her present (assuming she really can't) doesn't bother me per se. Her presence bothers me, period, whether she can tell it or not.
    I think that she gets that you don't want her there, and that makes her happy, she WANTS to upset you and bother you. You have to change her internal statics and make her WANT to get the hell out.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*deleted*
    In my opinion thats' not type related, she is purposefully nopt acknowledging you in order to make you uncomfrotable so that you will get away and leave him or something to that effect.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*deleted*
    Her Ne-Fi of course, you will find it at the back of the head, center. (not joking).

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    *deleted*
    uhhhh.... you probably don't want to know (that was my ex before we got together and had a wholly unsatisfying and strained few months together ) so now I've moved on to her younger sister

For real? How did you make the switch? It has eluded many.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she is the same person we have talked together about (his ex) then I thought that she was ISFP. However, she could be ESTP as well.

If she is ESTP she will be very loud at times, like in saying hi and things like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE WOMAN IN QUESTION IS /NOT/ GOING TO ACT IN A PREDICTABLE WAY TOWARDS FELAFEL BECAUSE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE RELATIONSHIP!!!!!11 AN ESFP MIGHT ACT THAT WAY IF IT WOULD KNOWINGLY PISS HER OFF!

viva palestina

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree to some degree with thursday.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way I don't agree with offending anyone on this forum or demeaning their contributions, I would like to thank you enjio very much for your posts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was directed at the mood and direction of the thread, not anyone in particular

viva palestina

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The entire thread has got a bit blurry here.... Was INTj considered?

1)IJ temperament. Just sits there. Doesn't react. Short replies.
    2)sounds thinking over feeling.
    3)Sounds Ne>Se. I can't imagine her fighting for her rights if she can avoid it.
    4)INTj supervises the ENFp and makes the ENFp feel very uncomfortable just with her presence.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, and i'm sure that if your current gf brought along her closest friend

*bzzzt!* Wrong.

I'm an ISTp; we don't have girlfriends, we just act all bitter and shit.

; 5w6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast