Thread: type my sister?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type my sister?

Can somebody please help me type my sister? I'll try to explain her to the best to my ability:

Physical charateristics: Very beautiful, with long brown hair. Has kind of an Indian-ish face. Has lots of ethnic beauty and looks somewhat Native American. Her face is a bit round, and her nose is uh...elongated, and she has kind of dream-y eyes, but they're not really as 'daydreamy' as mine are.

She likes to talk about 'mental' ideas but is rarely touchy-feely. She has a kind of 'cold' tone to her. (I'm the good sibling and she's the evil one ) This isn't bad, I'm sure to other people it would be fine, but to me it throws me off. But needless to say, she has a tendency to throw temper tantrums and kinda holds things in.

She relies on others to shock her and comfort her a lot. She gets bored VERY EASILY. She has kind of a nihilstic aura about her. She's always looking for that 'thrill.' She's looking for like the idealized man to come and wake her up and like take her to another universe. She's very intelligent and great with science. But yeah the key charateristic about her is that she's never satisfied. She's VERY goal-oriented...and enjoys 'going somewhere' in life. But, deep down she knows that she could just sit in her room and listen to music 24/7 as well, she's kinda chameleon-ish.

Men are also crazy about her too, or more importantly she THINKS they are. She's a bit 'cocky' in this respect, but it's done out of light-hearted humor. She tries hard to be 'normal' even though she's not, really (who is?). Status is fairly important to her, although intelligently she recognizes that it's not everything. She is in LOVE with Buddhism as well, and enjoys receiving spiritual/new age-y things for gifts.

She's very efficient with I guess her 'logical' life but requires lots of support with emotions as I've said before. She is also attracted to the occult and anything considered weird and bizarre. She's a bit unpredictable. She'll like be suddenly serious all of a sudden and then be playful. (or vice-versa).

She doesn't believe in social graces that much, considers them 'fake' so she can appear rude to other people when she doesn't mean to be. She'll rarely say "bye" to people, but she'll ALWAYS say "hello" I don't know if that's an indicator of type really, but there you have it.

She also always invokes a certain emotion or vibe in people...her presence can be very empowering despite the 'coldness' like I said earlier. Like just her 'vibe' kinda overthrows the tone of a room if that makes sense. Like she has a lot of 'inner power' inside of her and you can feel it. She also likes to stir up the drama just to make life interesting, as like I said, she gets bored easily.

Sometimes she can't just seem to enjoy herself. Like if she's playing a video game (she's 25) she'll be hard on herself and be like 'ugh why am I playing this I should be out enjoying life' and I'll try to be all 'um there's nothing wrong with playing video games lol they actually stimulate your mind.' and then she goes 'yeah that's actually very true.' She likes to hear things she considers are 'intelligent' more than anything. She enjoys surprises even though she might not admit it. She also has MANY interests and she goes in phases like she'll be totally OBSESSED about something for a few weeks and then act like it doesn't even exist.

Okay this is getting long so I'll shut up and see what people say now.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enfp
    ?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps INFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

care to post a pic SLeo?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp is my thought as well.
    IEI subtype

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds INFp to me too.

Felafel - did you identify with that? I notice you said it sounded ENFp to you.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds INFp to me.
    What's SLeo's type?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-bg

if I remember corectly INFj (Sleo)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp is my thought as well.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she sounds A LOT like my infp-sister-in-law.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds ENTp
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Sounds INFp to me too.

Felafel - did you identify with that? I notice you said it sounded ENFp to you.
    to some extends, i guess yes, i did (hence my suggestion of her being enfp). however, i'm not certain about that "coldness" bit - i only appear cold when i've set my mind to it - i woulnd't say it's my most used "Attitude"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys! INFp sounds pretty accurate actually.

I don't know my type yet. I always test INFj but not sure. I'm pretty confident I'm 'infatile' though.

Either INFj or ENTp right now. I relate quite a bit to the intertype relationships for ENTp though. But I just don't know lol I'm pretty new. Everything is so general I'm just trying to crack beneath the surfaces....

But to help us both out, what's a good yardstick to determine if she's my Quasi-Identical or if she's my Illusionary?

(and sorry no pic)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    But to help us both out, what's a good yardstick to determine if she's my Quasi-Identical or if she's my Illusionary?
    Very simplistically --

If you are quasi-identicals, you are more likely to have a lot of common interests, but not really get anywhere when talking about them, always as if the other person was approaching it from a totally different angle.

If you are Illusionary, conversations are more pleasant and you seem to be seeing things similarly, until you get to a point when you see that she "doesn't get it". But you are less likely to have a lot of common interests.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually in practice, it's like a complete mixture of the two!

We find it easy to talk with each other and we have common interests and conversations are almost always pleasant, but I never really feel like she 'gets' what I'm talking about or from the exact type of view I want her to. And lol, I feel like she approaches things from a different angle as well.

Usually we'll both talk about things we like, but we always assume the other person has more interest than what they really do, if you get what I'm saying. We're also a bit impressed with each other at first, because we share some similiar intersets but different 'thought patterns.'

Hmm. I'll have to think more of it but really, that could be 50/50.

Could you possibly be more specific about common interests? Because it's like this:

We both like what the other person likes but we're nowhere near as passionate as the other is in their 'strong points.' Like we both like 'biology' and 'psychology' but she doesn't like psychology nearly as much as I do and same with me and biology.