TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTp are higher education

What career did you choose?

It intrigues me, specially females. I think at least some might get discouraged to study engineering due to gender roles.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went college for a few different things. First time, I had my mind set on studying Graphic Design. That lasted about a month...switched my mind to Art History but thought it was too boring...then took some clerical classes but decided a career as a pharmacy tech would be better...got too bored with that...finally stopped wasting my money and quit going all together.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know 3: one studies finance, the other one studies environmental engineering, and the third one architecture. I have this thing in my mind that ISTps are imho very well suited to be architects.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ISTp are higher education

I first started with mechanical engineering but several circumstances made me want to change majors. I decided on graphic design but that didn’t work out, so for no good reason I transferred to land surveying and I’ve been doing that ever since…actually it was one of my best decisions to major in surveying.
    - DEEP THOUGHT OF THE DAY -

Just remember... if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
    -Trevor Myers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

persuing a bachelor's degree in mechatronics engineering right now... I=girl.
    ISTP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Physics Chair at my school
    great man
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My highschool ISTp friend (female) joined the military (everyone thought i'd be the one to join and she'd ditch all the pre-training we had) She became a "spy"...she laughed when i called it that....but basically she listened into overseas transmissions and translated them, including morse and such. She was also in training to become a diplomat assistant (due to her ability and enjoyment of traveling amidst a wide variety of countries...and getting along well in each of them) She is now a mother, and last we talked she was considering quitting the military....possibly to be a travel agent like her mother was (which had given her the experiences of various countries)

The other ISTp I know is an international pilot. He also has a fishing boat which he takes out on his days off...cuz he enjoys it. He's got a number of craft type hobbies, mostly dealing with wood and metals.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband's ESFj mother made him major in Communications of all things because she thought it would help him in that area. He dropped out. LOL

Now he works in computers and does fine without having completed college.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I know 3: one studies finance, the other one studies environmental engineering, and the third one architecture. I have this thing in my mind that ISTps are imho very well suited to be architects.
    No way! I wanted to be an architect when I was quite young, then I dropped that idea and forgot about the future altogether, until I left university. I did physics at university (yay for ), but then changed and did several rubbish jobs after coz I couldnt find anything better, and got bored of stuff quickly. Then I worked in finance, doing tax stuff, thought I finally got my career path sorted but got bored and hated having to talk on phones all day, so gave that up. Now im taking a computer course coz I think computer stuff would be a good thing to work in, dunno how long it will be before I get bored and wanna do something else though lol maybe I should just stay in my cozy bed all day

I think for me and other ISTp's jobs where you have to make stuff or do something where your not dependent on other people, but have a few people around to make friends with is the best kind of environment, although I will have to keep testing this idea of course
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about going back and taking a few computer classes. Right now, I'm making decent money but I know if I had more experience, i'd live quite well on my own. I just can't seem to commit to it. I keep managing to put it off and pretty soon the class will be all filled and i'll have to wait another couple months. Blech..I don't know if i really want this class to better myself or if i'm just bored and want a place to meet some new people.

My current job is so horrible. I sit and make phone calls for 8 hours straight. I go insane.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica129
    My current job is so horrible. I sit and make phone calls for 8 hours straight. I go insane.
    OMG, I feel bad for you thats horrible.

Thats what my future would have been like with visits to other companies aswell if I stayed doing the tax job, even though I would have been earning lots of money by now I dont regret it one bit, im 1000x happier earning not that much but learning about something I find interesting, although who know how long that will last.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to nursing school.

Leaning towards the trauma/ER field, then after some experience applying as a flight nurse for an air ambulance type service.
    ; 5w6

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be so interesting. I would love to do something like that but I can't handle blood. I give those people credit, I don't know how they're not traumatized after seeing the things they see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Studying topographic engineering. It’s ok but I don’t wanna do it for ever. I’d drop out but I shouldn’t, so I wont.

I’ll buy my time and figure things out while I get my degree. Though if I see a wonderful opportunity for smthing, and I haven’t finished my studies, I’ll take the chance and go for it.
    9w1

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny. I just bought something from an ISTp guy who studies topographic engineering too...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.