Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two subtypes of SLEs-ESTps: which one are you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Love her. She looks so much like my SLE best friend. People will even come up to her pointing out the resemblance, hah.
    I love her too. That is so awesome, Starfall. I would love an SLE best friend like Michelle.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i love Michelle Rodriguez too, go figure

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's hot.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI's never get the feeling SLE's try too hard at being "badass"? I don't know, maybe they think it's cute but it's so obvious and kinda sad to me and makes me cringe sometimes. Sorry for hating on your dual lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that Beta NF's are the ones who are more likely to want to obtain the whole "badass" image... EIE's especially.
    I try to be as qeekiest/nerdest as i can.

Because I figure girls would like me better.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that Beta NF's are the ones who are more likely to want to obtain the whole "badass" image... EIE's especially.

^^^^ is true except for 07490.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol numbers you're cute.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yes, definitely. depending on the person and how they go about it, it can look really overcompensatory and pathetic. some Beta NF males turn me off for this reason, trying way too hard to look like tough guys when they're really just being pathetic assholes. i guess it might be unhealthy ones who are more likely to do this..

i'm glad you don't do that Numbers, lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    lol numbers you're cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    i'm glad you don't do that Numbers, lol.
    I am happy that both of you guys stick up for a loser like me. Yes I am not the toughest soul out there but its these support that gives a loser like me with inner strength to stand up to injustice in this world and whole hearty fuel me and to forever cheer for the under-dog.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of these kind, gentle inspiration message of these ladies, this world has shown a light and given example of what little kindness it emerges. I believe these two ladies deserve praise.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I looove SLE-Ti's!

I'm not convinced subtypes are credible yet. I've read up on (wikisocion), the SLE one fits with those I have been involved/ attracted too, rather well. Strange.. i think i experience semi-duality more with ILE-Ti's than SEE's. I just can't decide which subtype I fit.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Is it "semi-duality" in the sense that you get along with them really well, or "semi-duality" in the sense that they give you what you most need? I think E-type usually influences my relationships with SLEs more than subtype anyway, although there's a loose trend of Se = 7, Ti = 8 (where does 3 go?).
    I've had strong feelings for ILE-Ti which i've never experienced with SEE's so far.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird, you guys have liked ILE-Ti's? I've never been romantically interested, or just interested, in an ILE. With SEEs though.. I love SEEs, they're so fun and happy, lol

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^which subtype are you?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm.... Probably Ni subtype?
    Some parts of the Fe description on wikisocion fit me but.. Overall probably Ni > Fe.
    Also get along better with the Se subtypes of SLE and SEE.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    umm.... Probably Ni subtype?
    Some parts of the Fe description on wikisocion fit me but.. Overall probably Ni > Fe.
    Also get along better with the Se subtypes of SLE and SEE.
    *decides to become Se-subtype just for Jenna *
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They both don't do well with taking directions from anyone else.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Me too!

And omg, this:

She could put an eye out with that thing. Oh wait she did twas her own.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just curious, since i'm not really good in distinguishing the different subtypes in SLEs. i type brian austin green SLE (and i think he is a rather obvious one). is he Se or Ti sub (or something in between)? just that i have something as a reference point.

with some SLEs i notice the duality effect right away (because their presence is energizing) while others i don't really notice any effect even after prolonged interaction and i wonder whether this could be subtype related. (maybe it's something else)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That interviewer is fucking retarded.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    just curious, since i'm not really good in distinguishing the different subtypes in SLEs. i type brian austin green SLE (and i think he is a rather obvious one). is he Se or Ti sub (or something in between)? just that i have something as a reference point.

with some SLEs i notice the duality effect right away (because their presence is energizing) while others i don't really notice any effect even after prolonged interaction and i wonder whether this could be subtype related. (maybe it's something else)
    So watched this twice and it looks as though Green is responding favorably towards the Fe from the TMZ blushing/ gushing interviewer. More laid back Ti subs are said to be.

edit: Ti sub for this guy was what I meant to say. Ti subs want more Fe.
    Last edited by wacey; 09-23-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He looks much more similar to the Ti-sub SLE composite than the Se-sub. Ti-subs have this cool, steely look in their eyes that to me looks a little bit mean. Se-subs look much warmer due to having stronger Fe HA, and somehow unpredictable. Se-subs will sometimes give you this static stare like they are trying to figure you out but are having some trouble with this. I find Ti-subs to be more composed, reserved, and self-directed in conversation, and very set in their opinions, and Se-subs to be more spontaneous and really really quick when they are up to something.

He's also likely syn-flow 6w7. His mannerisms and how he holds himself reminded me of these SLE-6w7 and SLI-6w7 guys I've been acquainted with.

Ti-SLE

Se-SLE

https://www.pinterest.com/socionixga...-sle-iei-eie-/

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this little clips has got a Ti-SLE woman who is totally mobilized, mobilizing herself really via an effusive Se boundary cross when she hugs the interviewer in his lap. These are types that can give energy to the surrounding world. She has the hard eyes silke was talking about.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    He looks much more similar to the Ti-sub SLE composite than the Se-sub. Ti-subs have this cool, steely look in their eyes that to me looks a little bit mean. Se-subs look much warmer due to having stronger Fe HA, and somehow unpredictable. Se-subs will sometimes give you this static stare like they are trying to figure you out but are having some trouble with this. I find Ti-subs to be more composed, reserved, and self-directed in conversation, and very set in their opinions, and Se-subs to be more spontaneous and really really quick when they are up to something.
    the face composites are very helpful. thank you! i'm inclined to type the SLEs i'm more likely to interact with and have better chemistry as Ti-sub in that case. i recognize that 'cool, steely' look. however, this doesn't really match up with the subtype descriptions i have read ( http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/t...ESTp/subtypes/ ). the Ti-sub description could easily apply, but they are described as "cool, sustained and collected" and "often seem cold and inaccessible", and that is definitely true, but only when there's no Fe-type around to lighten up the atmosphere, otherwise the SLEs i have mostly interacted with could easily resemble the Se-sub description as well. (unpredictable, warm, spontaneous) and not serious in the slightest. i wonder whether the boundaries between subtypes are just as blurry as they appear to me, or whether this might be because they are oriented towards the interaction style/emotional atmosphere of an IEI-Fe which messes up my perception.

"The ethical subtype makes an impression of a soft, charming and emotional person. Usually looks inspired and optimistic. Possess a fine sense of humor. May talk of his problems and failures with a smile. Ironic, crafty, unpredictable and inconsistent in behavior and conversation. Creates original contrasts, can unexpectedly jab at someone and then just as quickly embrace and kiss his conversation partner. Artistic and charming; unconstrained in conversation, occasionally even with shades of familiarity and impudence. Knows how to bridge the distance."

another thing which adds to the confusion that exactly the SLEs i've met who apparently are "in moments of despair, in need of understanding, sympathy and consolation, but because of the distrust is often not decided to be frank. Quite secretive, does not like him "climb into the soul" can avoid a direct conversation, skilfully put a person on location" (from the Ti-sub description. is that different in Se-subs?) seem to hunt literally after the slightest semblance of an opportunity to talk about their (emotional) problems and struggles . (or is that just mirroring an IEI-Fe who "Readily shares his problems with others, seeking their sympathy, understanding, and support.") the Se-sub description doesn't mention anything in regards to that. do they have different (emotional) needs?
    i've been interacting with an SLE every once in a while this year, and was always inclined to type him Ti-sub, but now i wonder about that too. he could be Se-sub after all...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the face composites are very helpful. thank you! i'm inclined to type the SLEs i'm more likely to interact with and have better chemistry as Ti-sub in that case. i recognize that 'cool, steely' look. however, this doesn't really match up with the subtype descriptions i have read ( http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/t...ESTp/subtypes/ ). the Ti-sub description could easily apply, but they are described as "cool, sustained and collected" and "often seem cold and inaccessible", and that is definitely true, but only when there's no Fe-type around to lighten up the atmosphere, otherwise the SLEs i have mostly interacted with could easily resemble the Se-sub description as well. (unpredictable, warm, spontaneous) and not serious in the slightest. i wonder whether the boundaries between subtypes are just as blurry as they appear to me, or whether this might be because they are oriented towards the interaction style/emotional atmosphere of an IEI-Fe which messes up my perception.
    I think what you mean are the "contact/inert" subtype differences. I didn't really understand what you referring to until a bit a later. The Ti-SLE is a contact subtype so yeah those guys are going to come across as being more "engaged" and needing the give-and-take in interaction - which, in combination with the social instinct, could come across as accentuated Fe. There is a little bit of difference that I've observed with the Se-subtypes: the Se-SLEs are either full head on, just like a train - there is just a kind of massiveness about it - or they retreat and have some quiet time to themselves to think about things. Being an "inert" subtype that sort of a difference makes sense, since inert subtypes have some difficulties integrating situational give-and-take due to weakened creative function, while creative function subtype will become much more responsive in these situations.

"The ethical subtype makes an impression of a soft, charming and emotional person. Usually looks inspired and optimistic. Possess a fine sense of humor. May talk of his problems and failures with a smile. Ironic, crafty, unpredictable and inconsistent in behavior and conversation. Creates original contrasts, can unexpectedly jab at someone and then just as quickly embrace and kiss his conversation partner. Artistic and charming; unconstrained in conversation, occasionally even with shades of familiarity and impudence. Knows how to bridge the distance."

another thing which adds to the confusion that exactly the SLEs i've met who apparently are "in moments of despair, in need of understanding, sympathy and consolation, but because of the distrust is often not decided to be frank. Quite secretive, does not like him "climb into the soul" can avoid a direct conversation, skilfully put a person on location" (from the Ti-sub description. is that different in Se-subs?) seem to hunt literally after the slightest semblance of an opportunity to talk about their (emotional) problems and struggles . (or is that just mirroring an IEI-Fe who "Readily shares his problems with others, seeking their sympathy, understanding, and support.") the Se-sub description doesn't mention anything in regards to that. do they have different (emotional) needs?
    i've been interacting with an SLE every once in a while this year, and was always inclined to type him Ti-sub, but now i wonder about that too. he could be Se-sub after all...
    IME the Ti-subtypes waits for you to poke around and show off their Fe/Fi problems at every turn, and might speak in riddles, and that coincides with IEI-Fe being a "contact" subtype and an instigator. The Se-SLE subtypes seem calm and stable - until that moment when they break down about their situation which requires an almost immediate and very strong emotional response. I'm much more comfortable providing the later which is how I've figured that I'm a Ni/inert-subtype.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old thread, but these descriptions were great, I identify 100% with the SLE-Ti description in the first post. That 4D Te really can make us look superficially like Te-users but there's a big difference in temperament and motivations.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Old thread, but these descriptions were great, I identify 100% with the SLE-Ti description in the first post. That 4D Te really can make us look superficially like Te-users but there's a big difference in temperament and motivations.
    Yeah. Ti sub can be pretty deadpan at times.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s all heretic bs

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    It’s all heretic bs
    Subtype theory turns sbbds into sol

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s all heretic bs
    your mom

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s all heretic bs
    What, you don't believe in subtypes or just not inert/contact subtypes?

silke had some good observations too, they describe well how my current SLE boss and I differ despite being the same type. Se subtype is more energetic and more concerned about appearances. Probably part of the reason why he's the department manager with people and sales focus and I'm a technical team lead with technological focus.
    Regarding the "wait and see"-attitude, I admit to behaving like that in relationships that I care about. Very paranoid about people liking or not liking me and need to gather a lot of evidence before trusting any such feelings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast