Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two subtypes of SLEs-ESTps: which one are you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Are you waiting around for an SLE? He's probably shy.

As for the mind/heart, you will never get this made up. At least not until you're really deeply into the relationship. I was questioning my feelings for my dual up until a month or so ago, even though we've been together for nearly a year. Even though I told her I loved her from the start, there were things which made us both doubt this.

You're far more likely to encounter an SLE who quickly goes for you, thinks he feels something for you, but doesn't. Then later he'll decide that he does, after all. And it will continue like this. And you will doubt it, and yourself. But eventually you'll realise that whatever you thought is irrelevant - you're quite clearly in love with one another.

we havent interacted ezra but i want to tell you that i love your posts... just so you know

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    IEIs just dance and sing and live their merry life (dating others if need be) until the SLE comes to their senses and realizes what they want. heh.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post

we havent interacted ezra but i want to tell you that i love your posts... just so you know
    Thanks.

Most of my old ones are BS.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    That dialogue was just about going to the fucking movies, not about getting "what you want out of life." I don't know where you're getting this idea that SLEs are bent on imposing their own desires on others 24/7, on all the mundane affairs of life and beyond. This simply is not the case and if most IEIs were to meet such a person, they would be outright repulsed. Matters of business/career path/"getting what you want out of life"? Sure. Social matters/matters of love? Not so much.

SLEs in general tend to give up the reins in these little social affairs and in consequently those greater affairs of love and relationships. These are the domains of the IEI. The Russian descriptions nail this dynamic pretty squarely, and it's no source of shame or grief for most SLEs. They pretty willingly give up dominion over the "relationship" to the ethical type - it's just not their area of focus.
    Yup. SLEs I know don't hesitate to express their opinion about mundane matters when they have one (or if they can see I have no freaking clue), but are 100% willing to defer to whoever when they don't have an opinion. That said, at the end of a conversation when everyone is at the "well, why don't we... what about... wait, didn't we say... why don't we..." stage, SLEs will generally be the ones to say, "okay, let's just do x."
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Yup. SLEs I know don't hesitate to express their opinion about mundane matters when they have one (or if they can see I have no freaking clue), but are 100% willing to defer to whoever when they don't have an opinion. That said, at the end of a conversation when everyone is at the "well, why don't we... what about... wait, didn't we say... why don't we..." stage, SLEs will generally be the ones to say, "okay, let's just do x."
    Right. And what someone up there said about how an SLE could have really strong in-the-moment like/dislike reactions, I've seen that happen. I used to think my own sense of antipathy/sympathy was somewhat strong, but SLE can beat me there, go very, very extreme with it, beyond what seems reasonable, but it doesn't really stick like it does for me.

It's cool to me how an SLE can be really laid-back but also cut through wishy-washy bullshit after a little while and call for action. It's a little ... surprising the extent to which it's up to me to make there BE a relationship in the long-term sense. Someone putting an IEI in charge of something! Eek!
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This gels with my SLE friend. He usually sets the objective ("Well I'm feeling hungry, so we should go get food.") which is then the cue for someone else (usually me) to say, "Well what do you feel like?" And then he will delegate the authority of finding a place to eat to me ("I dunno. Your preference"). If there's some place he would prefer to go, he'll bring it up and extol its virtues as a restaurant to us, but usually leaves room open for us to try and suggest a better place. So, even if we don't go to the place he likes, he's still accomplished the objective ("Get Food").
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE Subtypes

SLE Se vs. Ti subtype. What are the differences?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE Subtypes

Sensory subtype (The Coordinator)

Victor Gulenko

Sharp, demonstrative, attacking style of behaviour. Expressive and expansive to the point of being aggressive. Feels at home in emergencies; find themselves in conflicts; can pressure people in order to rapidly introduce order. If conflicts do not occur, they can provoke some in order to then take the initiative into their own hands. Emotional and sociable, will want the attention of more than one person of the opposite sex. Women also display initiative in their acquaintances with men. This subtype is sinewy, mobile, often thin, has a well developed taste, is an epicure. In fashion are drawn to refinement and prestige.
    Meged/Ovcharov

The sensory subtype is witty and impulsive… while seemingly concealing within them latent threats they appear unappeasable. However, they are sharp, aggressive and persevering people. Notably resourceful, they are able to manifest vindictiveness in doses that make life for their ill-wishers simply intolerable. Their character appears full of contrasts and unpredictability. Towards those whom they love they are often tender, even sentimental. Their sense of humor easily incorporates sarcasm and caustic irony. Are talkative, charming, witty, critical and sharp, love epithets and slang expressions. Their movements are fast and gait centered, When walking their slightly bent knees provide them with an ingratiating feline resemblance. Appreciate life and tend to watch over their health, periodically exercising through sports/gymnastics. Dresses tastefully and expensively. Usually provide a bright impression of a self-assured and prospering person.
    Sexual behavior

Demonstrative and behave unpredictably. Are sexually daring and energetic; animated in interaction and possessing feelings of humor. Are sexual and diverse in both moods and erotic reactions. Strongly emotional, are inclined to ignore the feelings and attitudes of other people and to consider their interests. An imperious and demanding partner, but can be thoughtful and affectionate. Find it difficult to restrain jealousy. Require an attentive, loyal, and reliable partner, whom will remain utterly submissive to their initiative.
    Logical subtype (The Organizer)

Victor Gulenko

Prefer to remain in the shadows, not to demonstrate their aspirations, but constantly hold their hands on the pulse of all proceedings around them. Outwardly appears balanced and phlegmatic. Before acting, checks all versions of possible consequences and only then enters into the game. Distrustful and careful, skeptic, conservative and realistic. Because they are not very sociable, may appear to be introverted. If they have their aim on a victim, they act slowly, by the method of the "compressive ring".
    Meged/Ovcharov

The logical subtype constructs an impression of quiet force and confidence for themselves. They are rational and sequential in affairs; hardworking and hardy. Usually appear cool, sustained and collected, however, in moments of irritation they express their fury in demonstratively sharp, absolute gestures. Within a quiet atmosphere they are kind and polite, while keeping the interlocutor at a distance. Their humor is sharp, sometimes rude, and they bare a quick, mistrustful glare from under their eyebrows. They’re kind but also serious and guarded. Their gait and gestures appear harmonious, smooth and precise. Tends to dress rather monotonously, however, from time to time can also clothe themselves brightly, even extravagantly. Appreciate quality in apparel and often creates many outfits from a few articles. Thus they show concern for both their behaviour and appearance; though they often seem cold and inaccessible they themselves try to appear proper, equal and benevolent, while maintaining their advantages.
    Sexual behavior

Tend to occupy a “wait and see attitude” as they are prone to doubt others feelings towards them. Their emotional expression may appear somewhat forced as they prefer to await the initiative of others; afterwards are tender and attentive with an aim of improving sexual techniques. Internally are sentimental; love uncommon adventures. Not quick to forget past offences. Have need of someone reasonable, flexible and diplomatic. Their partner should be affectionate, attractive, merry and optimistic.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those hacked together descriptions don't really do much. Practical examples would be more helpful.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Se subtypes are generally more awesome; but you know, that's just based on my opinion.

everything. The second paragraph is especially accurate.
    I agree would agree with you because I think* my brother Ti-ESTp i think? He uses his logic that only makes sense to him but doesn't really make sense to anyone else. I argue with him and the discussions are really really silly. Really waste my time, i wonder what Se-ESTP's are like?
    Edit*: I thought Ti-SLE's were supposed to be smartasses, maybe it's just my bro
    Last edited by Variant; 03-01-2011 at 06:59 PM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se subtypes are generally more awesome; but you know, that's just based on my opinion.
    Maybe this is a clue that you might be the Ni-subtype. Dualisation probably works better with SLE-Se + IEI-Ni respectively SLE-Ti + IEI-Fe.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this isn't an enneagram thread, but what are the enneagram types that usually fall under each SLE subtype (that might help to differentiate them)?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so too.

Johnny Knoxville is a good example of a Se - SLE, imo.

YouTube - Johnny Knoxville on Jimmy Kimmel Live PT 1

YouTube - Tele-buddy chats with Johnny Knoxville

I believe Chelsea is SLE too. Not sure what subtype.

YouTube - Chelsea Lately: Johnny Knoxville
    Thanks, Starfall! That's helpful.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The awareness and energies of SLE-Se are shifted towards leading, ignoring, creative, and demonstrative functions: Se/Si and Fe/Fi. Thus the Se-sub is typically more aware and discerning when it comes to dealing with matters of sensing and ethics*, but runs into problems with logic and especially intuition. (The hidden agenda may be boosted to such an extent that they may even be confused for an F-type.)

This personality is irrational and impulsive, oriented at perception of what exists in the world around him/herself, and not as much at judgement and categorization. SLE-Se is much more interested in finding out what's out there than logically analyzing and evaluating it (Se>Ti) and is generally less categorical, argumentative, stubborn and confrontational in conversation. This subtype is more flexible in his/her opinions, not as determined to defend own point of view because their Se perceives "alternative ways forward". Less likely to pick up and emphasize arguments, not always willing to defend his point of view. Thus can make an impression of being weaker-willed than the Ti-sub, but at the right moment he/she is able to mobilize their will (as an exmple: an Se-SLE I knew coming home to visit his parents would cause absolute havoc in their house - leave his stuff everywhere, scatter it around their property, leave rooms as a total mess - but before he had to leave back for college he cleaned up everything such that the place was spotless). It is a socionics myth that it is Se that gives SLEs will power - it's actually the Ti rational function that makes them more organized and stronger-willed. The Se-SLEs with emphasized Se irrational function and weakened Ti rational function are more flexible, pliable, and may seem weaker-willed than their Ti-sub brethren.

Due to having boosted Fe/Fi channels in type's model, the Se-SLE may seem nice, friendly, very warm-hearted in groups, raising the mood by his or her sheer energy (thus mimicking his ESE beneficiary). May generously spend money and perform services for others. May be very talkative, talking almost all the time in extreme cases. Is more observant and discerning when it comes to Fe/Fi matters, doesn't commit as many faux pas. Less sensitive of and more resistant when he's faced with Fi criticisms - in general the Se-sub is more discerning of ethical issues than the Ti-sub and can recognize himself when he's done something wrong. Thus, he is less paranoid of Fe/Fi issues than the Ti-sub. But having such strongly boosted sensing he has serious problems with intuition instead.

Has sharp sharp mood swings and 'fallouts' (characteristic of all Pe-EPs). Can all of a sudden become angry, flare up, become very suspicious and negativistic. Generally, these flare-ups are less frequent with Se-SLEs than with Ti-SLEs, but they are much more intense and disturbing. It's like the Se-SLE holds his Ti in reserve for a while, then it suddenly it bursts out of him in a tirade.

Seemingly has a lot of energy and continues pressing forward, with which he nicely complements his more languid Ni-IEI dual. Quick in his perceptions, almost always a step ahead of others (even the Ti-sub). But more shallow in his perception, attuned to the "superficial" external characteristics, and doesn't see much beyond them - has terribly weak Ni. Liable to pay attention only to external factors and forgetting that what's inside is also important. Gets too distracted by what's going on around him instead of just blocking it out, squanders his energies. More often misses people's hidden motives and gets burned by cheating and deception.

The Ti-SLE has boosted Te, Ni, and Ne across the model. Is more discerning and categorical in his thinking. May be rather terse in communication and speak in short declarative statements. Emotionally drier than the Se-sub. Much quicker at providing logical assessments and estimates. More likely to become engaged in discussions and debates where he has the opportunity to hone and sharpen his Ti, which he uses as an incisive scalpel separating what's important and discarding all that is unnecessary. Due to his greater inclination to start and persist with the debates, and to assert his opinions, makes an impression of being more strong-willed than the Se-sub. Less relaxed, not as flexible and pliable (Ti>Se, judgement > perception). Approximates the IJ temperament, and particularly his supervisee, the LII. The static elements begin to dominate the perception, as Ti-sub's perception is more choppy than Se-subs: he's a great analyst but often has trouble interconnecting the pieces together, seeing the dynamicity, tracking the flow and changes of a system. Sometimes makes an impression of being too stuck on something. Needs a more dynamic, "chaotic" and flexible partner who will divert and distract him. Ideally matches the IEI-Fe.

More unsure, sensitive, and paranoid when he has to deal with the Fi/Fe issues. His Fe approximates the normative Fe of LxIs - his ethical functions have extra "inertness" to them. Once he adopts certain mode of personal expression and behavior, not likely to deviate much from it. In groups he can be demonstratively polite and friendly, try to play the role of a "good guy", or not say much at all out of fear of saying the wrong thing and offending someone. This is a defensive and preventive measure for him to avoid any Fi attacks that are very unpleasant to him. Generally more competitive and assertive with his opinions than the Se-sub. If he doesn't like something or someone, more likely to start arguing about it.
    Last edited by silke; 09-16-2014 at 09:54 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Pull every youtube video you can find on Ricky Gervaise and Christopher Reeve and Clint Eastwood, than watch and learn.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Weak Fi could cause one to be unsure of their own likes and dislikes, but I think some SLE's can try to make things the way they want them anyways. I think it would depend on who they're dealing with?
    That's not weak Fi that has that effect, that's Ni. Ti-ESTP's second introverted function Ni is also stronger, so they see more negative possibilities than Se-ESTPs, but they can't make good sense out of them. Hence the greater indecisiveness and reticence to act on their part.

I've interacted with an older Ti-ESTP around his early 40s. He tended to observe more rather than engage in conversation but overall he wasn't all that indecisive. Offered me a 3-way with his wife within just three weeks time of knowing me. So I suppose it depends on age too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    IEIs just dance and sing and live their merry life (dating others if need be) until the SLE comes to their senses and realizes what they want. heh.
    yeah. I know the burned out / divorced SLEs will be all over me when Im an old man.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I've interacted with an older Ti-ESTP around his early 40s. He tended to observe more rather than engage in conversation but overall he wasn't all that indecisive. Offered me a 3-way with his wife within just three weeks time of knowing me. So I suppose it depends on age too.
    "older" *snickers* Offered you a 3-way with his wife? LOL! nice.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    The Se/Fe subtype of SLE is more impulsive in actions (and more active/restless overall), often prefers to do things in a group of people rather than alone, more of a socialite, more readily expresses his or her own emotions such as appreciation of others and general goodwill, might frequently apologize to others for something done without enough foresight on his or her part. But if he or she gets angry it is most intense anger than the Ti-SLE because this subtype isn't used to putting Ti to use so when his logical self-interest side is in effect it comes through very strongly. Their inferior Ni is weaker too, hence the highly impulsive nature, but when it does come through it is also very intense.

I tend to get along with this Se/Fe-SLE subtype better than the Ti-SLE being a Ni-IEI. Since I have stronger intuition I act as a stronger deterrent to their highly impulsive nature (and holding them back more also as if energizes me more compared to the Ti-SLE). I also have stronger Ti in addition to Ni so am more protective of my own rational self-interest. If the SLE is strong on Ti then my Ti begins to conflict with his Ti. But the softer more appreciative Se-SLE makes me use Fe more and doesn't conjure my Ti as often.

edit: Forgot to mention that the Se/Fe-SLE also has propensity to throw money at others, sometimes making lavish gifts, forgiving debts, it tends to be very generous.
    Yes, I think the Ti-sub is more of an observer in general. Possibly takes longer to make decisions. More patient. SLE-Se might be more apt to share his/her opinions without being asked. (at least that's been my experience) I get along well with both but the Se-subs seem ridiculously easy to please. Ti subs are slightly harder to figure out.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Harmonizing SLE: Good sense of humour, easygoing, smart
    Creative SLE: witty
    Normalizing: rigid
    Dominant: pushy
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny Knoxville is a good example of a Se - SLE, imo.
    I think Knoxville is Se-ESFp. I don't see any Ti/Fe, but I see plenty of Fi.

Here are some good examples, imo, of ESTp subtypes: Se-ESTp - Ti-ESTp

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think Knoxville is Se-ESFp. I don't see any Ti/Fe, but I see plenty of Fi.

Here are some good examples, imo, of ESTp subtypes: Se-ESTp - Ti-ESTp
    Don't know about Knoxville except he didn't bowl me over with SLE-ness.

Regarding the Socionix galleries, I know some people round here don't agree with all those typings, but I seriously could NOT make head nor tail of what SLE was supposed to be until I saw those photos collected in one place. The stereotype of SLE as a big brawler or a sort of menacing character just ... doesn't work too well. Although the type can include those people, I guess, I doubt they are even all that common among SLEs, since big, mean meatheads are sorta fringe human beings in the first place.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knoxville is SLI-Si

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Don't know about Knoxville except he didn't bowl me over with SLE-ness.

Regarding the Socionix galleries, I know some people round here don't agree with all those typings, but I seriously could NOT make head nor tail of what SLE was supposed to be until I saw those photos collected in one place. The stereotype of SLE as a big brawler or a sort of menacing character just ... doesn't work too well. Although the type can include those people, I guess, I doubt they are even all that common among SLEs, since big, mean meatheads are sorta fringe human beings in the first place.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    But later on I realised that the people I thought of as "meatheads" were actually delta STs.
    ROFL
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Harmonizing SLE: Good sense of humour, easygoing, smart
    Creative SLE: witty
    Normalizing: rigid
    Dominant: pushy
    Could you expand a little more on these?

Does the Harmonizing tend to appear more introverted?

Does the Normalizing tend to appear most like the LSI?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    I don't know

IMO, H subtype is less aggressive, more easygoing than other subtypes.

I think so
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    IMO, H subtype is less aggressive, more easygoing than other subtypes.
    I have the most trouble knowing whether the SLE I'm talking to is Normalizing vs. Harmonizing.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the most trouble knowing whether the SLE I'm talking to is Normalizing vs. Harmonizing.
    I think N-SLE would be more serious and monotonous compared to other SLE's, while H type is more on the languid side, they'd seem more laid-back and less obviously aggressive than other SLE's
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE-Se: hate organized religion
    SLE-Ti: hate organized religion

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE-Si: hates organised religion.
    SLE-Ni: hates organised religion as well.

That ought to help.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an SLE-D and another who is SLE-N or H and I can't tell which. He can be languid/laid back and jovial but he can also be serious. Just depends. The SLE-D seems very obvious to me.

I think the DCNH subtypes are interesting and can throw a lot of light on the differences between two people of the same type.

I have a good friend who is IEI-C and she's reeeeally different from me! Much more social and initiative-taking. I consider myself IEI-H. It's actually kind of a boring type to be. I wish I were IEI-D or C. I think those are much cooler.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been watching WWE this morning and a Charlie Sheen movie

SLE harmonizing: Charlie Sheen

SLE normalizing: The Mix WWE

SLE creative: Shawn Michaels WWE

SLE dominant: coming soon
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that Michelle Rodriguez is an SLE a few times on this forum, and I agree.

But... not sure on her subtype. Any guesses?
    Last edited by Clumsy; 06-29-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so that isn't you in the picture, so who is it? And how come you don't have a wall or allow PMs?

Personally, I think the DCNH is theoretical bullshit which has no practical application at all. And the descriptions are even worse: "not exacting of their food". "Popular and punctual". "Can switch between dressing unusually/extravagantly and simply/modestly." Where the fuck are these descriptions from? What frame of reference is being used? It's all crap. But anyway, for argument's sake:

Considering that they are of introverted traits only (Ni/Se), of course, absolutely: "(Victor Gulenko) Predisposed to reflection, internal fluctuations and doubts. Thinks descriptively, is inclined to philosophy. Not very critical of external appearances, not exacting of their food. Reserved, sensitive, fragile, speaks out unobtrusively, They are popular and punctual. A good educator and teacher; can entice their listeners. Outwardly calm. Eloquent when recounting material."

Again, given they're Ti/Fe peeps, they do look like LSIs. (People only like these stupid subtypes because it allows for more discrepancies in their little systems ) I'll bolden the relevant shit.

(Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) The ethical subtype tries to behave according to the rules of good form in society ("Do your duty" kind of people, Enneagram Ones, some Prussian Sixes (lookalike E1s)). Are internally emotional, but usually modest and constrained in their emotional expression (very much true of my LSI housemate). Sensitive and vulnerable, alone in a shower may often experience dramatic emotions (again, they keep their cool, but they'll always succumb to this kind of emotional expression), but in front of strangers they restrain themselves. Find it difficult to relax due to internal strains (again, compatible with the One and their keeping a tight check on themselves... to be honest, all this just sounds like an LSI to me), wounds, and overarching ambitions; while internally suffering from a set of complexes, externally they appear proud and aloof. Usually cautious and prone to think actions through beforehand (okay... NOT SLE... this is so LSI. I don't understand this, why not just go for LSI? :/ stupid theoretical shite); nervous with themselves but patient and persistent they are able to achieve their goals. Exacting in enforcing that their associates observe ethical standards of behavior and prone to rashly provide remarks and advice when they see people conflict with these ethical standards. Mood varies: cold, haughty, obstinate and exacting, then soft, sincere, affable and seemingly defenseless (VERY true of my LSI housemate). Movements are smooth, sometimes demonstrative, when they want they can dress effectively, yet modestly for the occasion.

It's all here.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) The ethical subtype tries to behave according to the rules of good form in society ("Do your duty" kind of people, Enneagram Ones, some Prussian Sixes (lookalike E1s)). Are internally emotional, but usually modest and constrained in their emotional expression (very much true of my LSI housemate). Sensitive and vulnerable, alone in a shower may often experience dramatic emotions (again, they keep their cool, but they'll always succumb to this kind of emotional expression), but in front of strangers they restrain themselves. Find it difficult to relax due to internal strains (again, compatible with the One and their keeping a tight check on themselves... to be honest, all this just sounds like an LSI to me), wounds, and overarching ambitions; while internally suffering from a set of complexes, externally they appear proud and aloof. Usually cautious and prone to think actions through beforehand (okay... NOT SLE... this is so LSI. I don't understand this, why not just go for LSI? :/ stupid theoretical shite); nervous with themselves but patient and persistent they are able to achieve their goals. Exacting in enforcing that their associates observe ethical standards of behavior and prone to rashly provide remarks and advice when they see people conflict with these ethical standards. Mood varies: cold, haughty, obstinate and exacting, then soft, sincere, affable and seemingly defenseless (VERY true of my LSI housemate). Movements are smooth, sometimes demonstrative, when they want they can dress effectively, yet modestly for the occasion.

It's all here.
    Or SLI because I identified with all of that.

Socionics can go to hell, seriously.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Or SLI because I identified with all of that.

Socionics can go to hell, seriously.
    I'm not convinced you're an SLI though. You could be, but I don't know. You're a fucking mystery, Nicole. You have been for years. I wish I knew you in real life. Does anyone know you? Even off the forums?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nadia Ali. This song is 10 years old now, but you might know her from this:
    Beauty. She looks like an Indian Natalie Portman + some of this girl I know chucked in:

I'm lame and like my privacy. I should enable some schtuff?
    Yeah man, certainly PMs. Doesn't harm you at all and no one knows who sent you anything except the sender. Also allows people to talk to you privately if they want Obviously harassers can get banned.

Why do you think that?
    Because I feel like once you know your type, you can go out and surround yourself with duals. If you went "oh no, I'm D SLE and I only know H IEIs " you're just limiting yourself to some shitty theory that might not even be true. Almost as bad are people who go "I'm SLE-Ti and she is IEI-Ni - instead of IEI-Fe - so I should stop seeing her." You've just got a fucking IEI! They're the hardest thing to catch, and you're gonna throw it away because she's not a "matching" subtype. Some IEI-Fe 4w5 so/sxs will get on better with SLE-Se 8w7 sp/sxs than some IEI-Ni 4w3 sx/sps will with (matching) SLE-Se 8w7 sx/sps. When you're getting that pedantic and pernickerty about choosing a lover, you need to wake up to reality or spend the rest of your life alone.

Yeah you have a point. lol I don't know. I like it because it makes the 16 types feel even more individual I guess.
    My girlfriend would say it does the EXACT opposite. It reduces individuality to a mathematical calculation. Okay, if you have all these distinctions, the possibilities of pinning someone down are potentially limitless, and everyone could theoretically be unique. But I've seen people of the same Enneagram type, wing and stack look very different. Socionics is no different.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not convinced you're an SLI though. You could be, but I don't know. You're a fucking mystery, Nicole. You have been for years. I wish I knew you in real life. Does anyone know you? Even off the forums?
    Not really, haha..there's only a handful of them. I've only met thepirate so he probably knows better than anyone here and he doesn't think SLI...at least that's what I think. I dunno.

Beauty. She looks like an Indian Natalie Portman + some of this girl I know chucked in:

she looks like http://kewlejewlie.blogg.no:

probable SLE with IEI pet :

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your friend is very pretty. I can definitely see the resemblance between her and Nadia.

Because I feel like once you know your type, you can go out and surround yourself with duals. If you went "oh no, I'm D SLE and I only know H IEIs " you're just limiting yourself to some shitty theory that might not even be true. Almost as bad are people who go "I'm SLE-Ti and she is IEI-Ni - instead of IEI-Fe - so I should stop seeing her." You've just got a fucking IEI! They're the hardest thing to catch, and you're gonna throw it away because she's not a "matching" subtype. Some IEI-Fe 4w5 so/sxs will get on better with SLE-Se 8w7 sp/sxs than some IEI-Ni 4w3 sx/sps will with (matching) SLE-Se 8w7 sx/sps. When you're getting that pedantic and pernickerty about choosing a lover, you need to wake up to reality or spend the rest of your life alone.
    You make a really good point. I guess I started getting into subtypes after hanging around a few duals (same gender, and if I had to guess they were D subtype) that intimidated me so much. I felt like they were staring right through me, like I was so childish and weird and clueless around them, and that they probably thought of me as a complete idiot. (I would agree though if they did, I have like no common sense most days and misunderstand what people mean constantly ). It often made me wonder if I was IEI because I felt so strongly about it. I think my biggest problem though is that I over analyze the situation while I'm in it, so self absorbed and lost in my head that I can't just be in the moment and calm down.

Other duals I have met I had this instant magnetism with but trying to get to know them has been incredibly difficult for me. I never know what to say or how to act, and knowing that they're my duals makes me want to impress them which is so stupid. I tell myself to just "be myself", and yet I freeze up around them and have no idea how to act or feel, so silence and no talking ensues.

My girlfriend would say it does the EXACT opposite. It reduces individuality to a mathematical calculation. Okay, if you have all these distinctions, the possibilities of pinning someone down are potentially limitless, and everyone could theoretically be unique. But I've seen people of the same Enneagram type, wing and stack look very different. Socionics is no different.
    That's a very good point too. I think the biggest reason why I'm so very into Socionics and the Enneagram and trying to type people down is because of my hidden agenda. I misunderstand people and what they mean or are saying constantly. I wanted to not be so clueless and scared of everyone, to not misunderstand people constantly, not be so in the dark with what to do with myself and how to act around people. When I started to read about the MBTI and then Socionics and then the Enneagram... I just felt like finally maybe I could understand people better and not be so lost.
    Last edited by Clumsy; 04-08-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast