Thread: Type this enigmatic man

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this enigmatic man

This guy is an old friend of mine that I've been having trouble typing. I was looking for a fresh perspective so I wanted to see what you all thought.

He was a huge weed smoker for years, in my experience this makes it a lot harder to find someones type. He quit recently.

Very hedonistic - he can't wait for the good shit (drugs, food, the good part of a song, a fast car). Loves to talk about how good something feels.

Doesn't care much about appearances, he's very practical when he buys stuff.

Conservative dresser.

Skilled with his hands (master blunt roller ).

Has a great eye for discerning different things, very observant, he is quite confident about this ability.

Can be very hyper and goofy when around close friends, but kind of a loner type. Usually has a few people that he hangs out with most of the time.

He has a stone cold face that doesn't reveal a lot of emotion. But he has a real sensitive side that he shows here and there. He likes girly romance movies and slow jams that I always rip on him for. Doesn't really like to actually talk about his feelings but he reveals them in subtle ways.

Master smooth talker for situations that don't require any - he is famous for talking his way out of DUIs piss drunk 3 times, one time in front of my very eyes. I was truly amazed.

Very bad with money.

Can act kinda greedy and selfish sometimes.

He is the quintessential "scam artist". He is good at doing things in a certain way or arrangement so that he gets what he wants in a situation. But he's blind to the long term consequences of doing things like this and eroding his credibility which makes it harder to get things in the future.

Out of the people I know, I would say that he gets along with the Betas and has conflict with the Deltas.

What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first I thought ISTp, but now I am inclined towards ESTp logical subtype.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp imo.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also thought istp initially....but estp makes a little more sense, especially after that last paragraph.

Do you have any pics of this man? i might have someone who resembles him, slightly...perhaps with the exception of that last bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    At first I thought ISTp, but now I am inclined towards ESTp logical subtype.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESTP is the best possibility so far. I thought ISTP for a long time but the inconsistencies kept adding up.

Here is a picture -

That's him on the left. We are all trashed so I would discount the facial expressions - normally his face is very expressionless and cold.

ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the right could be ESTp, but on the left, doesn't seem so to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    On the right could be ESTp, but on the left, doesn't seem so to me.
    Agree. And the guy on the left looks ISTp.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The man on the right is yours truly, so thats an ENTJ you're looking at there.

I agree that my buddy looks ISTP, and I thought he was one for a long time. But some things just didn't fit and I couldn't think of anything else so thats why I posted it here.
    ENTj

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante

I agree that my buddy looks ISTP, and I thought he was one for a long time. But some things just didn't fit and I couldn't think of anything else so thats why I posted it here.
    I think he's ESFp.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's ESFp.
    no way.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

I think he's ESFp.
    no way.
    Why?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this enigmatic man

Doesn't care much about appearances, he's very practical when he buys stuff.

Conservative dresser.

Can be very hyper and goofy when around close friends, but kind of a loner type. Usually has a few people that he hangs out with most of the time.

He has a stone cold face that doesn't reveal a lot of emotion. But he has a real sensitive side that he shows here and there. He likes girly romance movies and slow jams that I always rip on him for. Doesn't really like to actually talk about his feelings but he reveals them in subtle ways.

He is the quintessential "scam artist". He is good at doing things in a certain way or arrangement so that he gets what he wants in a situation. But he's blind to the long term consequences of doing things like this and eroding his credibility which makes it harder to get things in the future.

Out of the people I know, I would say that he gets along with the Betas and has conflict with the Deltas.

What do you guys think?
    The ESFps I know are usually appearance-conscious and dress flamboyantly rather than in a conservative manner. They are hyper and goofy in front of anyone and they are very adept in expressing their emotions to the extent that it becomes too excessive. And most ESFps I observed get along well with Deltas, and they probably have more conflict with Alphas. And I don't see the in him. pezzonovante's comment about him been a quintessential "scam artist" seems to reflect instead, implying that he only does things in such a way that is profitable and worthwhile. And his habits (e.g. drinking) reflects .

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree excep the relation of "scam artistry" with - I think it's usually more related to : being able to see how much pressure you can apply on somebody (across all domains: both physical, mental and psychological) in order to achieve a given goal. I don't really feel like ISTp is fitting though, he sounds too extraverted to me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    The guy on the left looks very much like a guy I used go to school with before he quit because of drugs etc.. He was loud, always joking and incredibly good at lying to people right in their faces (incidentally one of his favorite activities). He is probably ESTp.
    @ pezzonovante: how's your relationship with the guy like? If the guy supervises, he's probably ISTp. If he is a beneficiary, he's a ESTp.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ pezzonovante: how's your relationship with the guy like? If the guy supervises, he's probably ISTp. If he is a beneficiary and u have to look out for him and stuff, he's a ESTp.
    Come to think of it, from what I can see, he might be ESTp.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He definitely is not my supervisor. That's one of the biggest reasons I crossed off ISTP. There is a another guy in our group that clearly does supervise the shit out of me, whom ISTP fits perfectly for and is pretty different from Mike (our enigmatic man).

Although I think ESFP is pretty improbable, I will definitely consider it. Activity relations seems to fit pretty well - I only see him once in a while on weekends now that I'm off at school but when I do we get kinda hyper and start goofing around. But by the end of the weekend we're kinda of bored and don't have much to say to each other. Hmmmm. It does make sense. But ESFP? Gamma does kind of fit him ( quadra values) except his hedonism which is very un-Gamma like. He is appearance conscious, being a big guy I don't see how he could be really flamboyant even if he wanted to.

As far as being my beneficiary, I don't understand that relationship very well. If someone could explain what his behavior would be like towards me if he was indeed my beneficiary, that would be much appreciated.
    ENTj

- Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems like an ESTp to me. And you definitely look like an ENTj. You have the long, boyish face found in a lot of gamma NTs.

On a side note- Clinton is a really good ISTp V.I. That smirking bad-boy expression of his is great.
    asd

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always had Clinton pegged as an ESFP, although I agree that in the picture he has a very ISTP-ish look.
    ENTj

- Thomas E Lawrence