Thread: how could you be certain of being an enfp

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how could you be certain of being an enfp

*this little piggy went home*
    Last edited by felafel; 12-17-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I'm one of the others

ENFP is a label attached to certain behavior and thought processes. When I read the ENFP description and then saw the break down of functions I could relate. After speaking with other ENFPs I can see that we think alike, arrive at similar conclusions and want similar things. I have come to know many other types as well. For example ENFJ is often confused as ENFP because they are quasi identical. After being around ENFJs for a time I could clearly see we are different in our behavior, what we want and style of execution. Same goes for the other types until at last I can confirm that I am ENFP. Why are you asking this? Im curious. :wink:

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite animal is steak
    lol
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first started here I wondered if I was INFp, but now that I know more I have no idea how I thought that LOL. I originally thought that just by reading some descriptions, and all NFs are going to have some similarities, so reading the descriptions I saw that *some* of the things applied to me. Also, it's easy to make mistakes like that when you're trying to do it by letter (E. . . N . . .F. . . P) but ENFp and ENFj are much more different than that. They're different functions, not really close with just one letter changed. Same with INFp and ENFp. They look the same written out like that. Think about it as NeFi and NiFe and that might show that they're actually quite different.

How am I sure. I see Ne and Fi in me in whopper amounts. I don't quite even get what Ni exactly is. I know what Fe is but it isn't a primary part of me. I can tell I have Delta quadra values ( http://the16types.info/groups.php?groupid=8 ). I adore my husband who is obviously Si and Te, and we have a ridiculously easy marriage. It's all in the functions. Read the function descriptions ( http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/index-type.html ) and see which make you say "YEAH! Finally! Someone understands!" and which make you shake your head and say, "What the hell does that mean?" or, "I hate when people do that!"

INFj is the one that makes the most sense as far as confusion goes, and that can be a tricky one. For me, that's when the descriptions helped. I can see very clearly that I am this: http://the16types.info/types.php?typename=ENFP and not this: http://the16types.info/types.php?typename=INFJ - even from the first sentence of the INFj description. "Bearer of quiet introspection, hidden sea of feelings." ROFL. There is no "quiet introspection" in me, and my feelings are definitely not hidden. I'm very moody, and everyone knows what mood I'm in. I can see my moods from day to day in my posts here. They are even more visible in real life. The moodiness is more Ep than Ij. Moodiness is even specifically mentioned a couple of times in the ENFp description. I read through that ENFp description and it really resonates with me (not just the parts about moodiness either but that is a good strong difference between the two).

There's more but my brain has stopped working. Maybe later.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exxjs and Ixxps are rational, Exxps and Ixxjs are irrational. So both ENFp and INFj are irrational.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    My favorite animal is steak
    lol
    <3 See what I mean. Where did this come from? Joy is not ENFP

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Exxjs and Ixxps are rational, Exxps and Ixxjs are irrational. So both ENFp and INFj are irrational.
    where did you get that? are all rational functions INFJ= so rational.

Topaz

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://socionics.us/theory/rat_irr.shtml

You're right! I guess I'm the one who should be

Dunno how I got that in my head.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont sweat it.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

random tangent: slacker mom seems sort of entp to me

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz

ENFP is a label attached to certain behavior and thought processes. When I read the ENFP description and then saw the break down of functions I could relate. After speaking with other ENFPs I can see that we think alike, arrive at similar conclusions and want similar things. I have come to know many other types as well. For example ENFJ is often confused as ENFP because they are quasi identical. After being around ENFJs for a time I could clearly see we are different in our behavior, what we want and style of execution. Same goes for the other types until at last I can confirm that I am ENFP. Why are you asking this? Im curious. :wink:

What have you notticed that differs ENFjs from ENFps? Can you be more specific, like what they do they want as opposed to ENFps, for example? Im just wondering since this interests me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont sweat it.

You know, what's weird is that I knew that ISFj and INTj were rational types, and I knew that ISTp and INFp were irrational types, yet I thought that INFj was irrational *because* it was Ixxj. *SIGH*
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    You see Ti in me? And an Fi PoLR??
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon

What have you notticed that differs ENFjs from ENFps? Can you be more specific, like what they do they want as opposed to ENFps, for example? Im just wondering since this interests me.
    ENFJs are more prone to take the leadership position. They like to control their environment and the people in it. They are much more territorial when it comes to 'their people'. ENFPs are more 'go with the flow' or take off on their own. They really only need to have one or two close friends even though they love people in general. ENFJs are apt to be more organization and business minded and at the same time emotionally intense. ENFPs usually dont like dont like too much structure and dont like being told what to do. ENFJs value clear directives and firm decisions. ENFPs are much more tolerant of ambiguity and change. ENFJs want intense deep emotions and obvious romantic gestures. ENFPs are light hearted and like to store their deepest emotions, they love small signs that say I see you and I love you for who you are. ENFJs love to go deep into symbolism and portents, they delve deep into sociological issues that govern society and they like to create new paradigms of thinking. They get convinced that they just know what is best for everyone and that may drive them to lead others to a 'better way'. ENFPs value individuality and marvel at the differences and similarities between people and groups. They want to respect others beliefs and help people to unfold their potential.

OK thats off the top of my head but thats what Im thinking at the moment.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    could you guys try and base your explanations on function-use rather than overall comparisons? the reason i'm asking is because i'm yet undecided as to whether i'm enfp. it would help me to know how you, convinced enfps, see you functions at work and point at them in identifying your type.
    @JOY OH, I get it. the steak thing Duh!

Why didnt you say so in the first place Felafel? Geez
    OK thats a little more difficult considering I dont walk around thinking in terms of symbols.
    Why dont you tell us a little about yourself and what you think your most likely type is. Why do you believe you might be ENFP and if not what other types are you considering?

Topaz

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    could you guys try and base your explanations on function-use rather than overall comparisons? the reason i'm asking is because i'm yet undecided as to whether i'm enfp. it would help me to know how you, convinced enfps, see you functions at work and point at them in identifying your type.
    ENFjs like and

They like, generally speaking, power, in order to implement the ideas. They utilize in order to promulgate long-term strategies that are aimed, as I said above, at executing and realizing plans that are subset of a precise scheme of things (which can be identified as an ideology, or a religion, etc) which they feel like will ultimately realize their base function which is, creating complete unity in a given group/society.

Now, I don't know what to say in regard to ENFp's Te and Si dual seeking. Maybe some ENFps can give input and I can try to rationalize it similarly to what I have done above?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best way to differentiate ENFjs and ENFps (with minimal effort) is by what friends/groups they have, they're in opposing quadras. Also ENFjs are much more vocal about their ethics system, which they will visibly adhere to
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    best way to differentiate ENFjs and ENFps (with minimal effort) is by what friends/groups they have, they're in opposing quadras. Also ENFjs are much more vocal about their ethics system, which they will visibly adhere to
    I would like to add a caveat to that. ENFPs tend to hang out with all types however they will not be the leader of an enterprise when there is an ENFJ present. The ENFJ will call the shots and the ENFP will make suggestions and go along. ENFPs can bounce from group to group so it may not be clear who their main associated are. Usually ENFPs have very private special realtionships with quiet introspective types tucked away here and there that may not be a part of any circle.
    So in sumation I would say that ENFJs are more likely to stick to their group and ENFPs may not have one group but a series of associates.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    You see Ti in me? And an Fi PoLR??
    i don't really believe in POLRS. i think the principle of developing one's strengths at the expense/cost of the weaknesses is deceptive and incorrect. it seems like the "best" people are good at everything or at least better at whatever thing that is their "weakness" than the average person regardless of type. similarly the "worst" seem to be worsened in every respect. i don't think permanent states exist either so the above need not lock us into a hierarchical system of personal worth either. in any case, you don't seem as "touchy feely" as other enfps and you seem more feisty (like your willingness to fight back in an argument in a style dissimilar to enfps[a sort of " don't be an idiot " type thing])

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm well I think there's a stereotype about Delta NFs, that we're all touchy-feely all the time, and that we won't argue at all. We have strong opinions about some things - particularly ethical things I think - and I don't think there's anything in arguing about an ethical issue.

I do believe in PoLRs and your comments about that drive me crazy because of the Ti in them. "I belive X. Therefore, I will continue my train of thought and go on to other ideas (that's the Ne mixed in there) that require an assumption that X is true, and because these other ideas logically (so to speak) follow from my original assumption that X is true, if it's based on logic (so to speak) it must be so. And therefore Y. And maybe Z. Hey, it all followed logically from X! You can't argue with logic!"

Well, whatever. Thanks for calling me feisty I like that.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump