Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Video game preferences by type

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I love Action RPGs, I used to love kingdom hearts until the last one came out
    Eh, I stopped liking the saga after KH3: 0
    What's your type? I'm curious

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lesri View Post
    Eh, I stopped liking the saga after KH3: 0
    What's your type? I'm curious
    Yea I stopped because of KH3, I'm EII.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    The ones that sticks with me:

And this was like core version of league of legends and similar like games, since it was 1 vs 1, I never lost a game unlike lol

I was just going to mention Inside. Both Limbo and Inside seem perfect for everything. Though it is more of a cinematic experience but the way it unfolds is like 50 movies in 1.

Another favourite is Her Story. Ocarina of Time is what I've played the most times - multiple playthroughs. The religious symbolism is great. Silent Hill 2 is also perfect

I actually love micromanagement games. It’s always been interesting for me to build your company step by step. But if you are a fan of such games, switching between games is important. I like Fortnite because it’s really easy to play. I’ve also found out how to get free v bucks, so I can say that I play it even more than my regular type of games. What about you? Have you ever tried battle royal games? Btw, have you played any micromanagement games? What games do you like the most? I really admire plating Factorio
    Last edited by AratikMolyatik; 07-21-2022 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly prefer role-playing games.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I would try things like this. SLI creator.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some list of types and games

EII: They prefer the game story or characters, and games where they can organize things. Fighting games (for their characters), a lot of different RPG (more pure than action), management games, indie games.
    Exemples: final fantasy, darkest dungeon, skyrim, tekken, dark souls 1 (because of the vibe rather than gameplay).

IEE: they try almost everything. Adventure games, platforms, space fps, rpgs, hack & slash and anything colorful.
    Exemples: spyro, crash, mario, final fantasy, DmC, Oblivion, dark souls (all of them), bioshock.

Note: EIIs prefer darker vibe in games, while IEEs accept easily more colorful games. I noticed IEEs like Dark Souls 2 more than EIIs (?).

SLI: Preference for technical and fast games, like fighting games and hack & slash. They also play drive games and FPSs.
    Exemples: dark souls, call of duty, gran turismo, tekken and similiar.

ILE: I have the impression they prefer phone games, like card games and similiar. If they have a console or a good PC they always strive for the most innovative game (on paper).
    It's hard they play old games or re-play games they already completed. They go for old games only if they feel they must be played because famous, idk.
    Exemples: heartstone, yugioh, Assassin's creed valhalla, cyberpunk and any games considered new.

I will update this later

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lesri i was obsessed with playing digimon rumble arena (1 & 2) so you're probably right!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI: attracted by novelty, games with a good story, advanced technical aspects (for the time they play it) and mesmerizing/immersive experience.
    These reflect a lot their emotivist inclination.
    They are also interested a lot in technical aspects relating to videogames (and arts in general, like movies etc.), like graphics, games' physics etc., and may be confused for LIIs. This because of their mob/hidden agenda function, which is Ti.

Exemples of these games are: Red dead redemption 2, the Witcher 3, soulsborne and God of War (the last of the series).

What I noticed is the fact they like completism of such games and immerse theirselves fully in these worlds, like they were detatched from reality. They may play for hours the same game non-stop.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite games are solo immersive games. Stuff like Action Rpg zelda like, some RRGs like suikoden , Chrono Trigger, Xenogear, final fantasy etc.. I like vs Fighting games (Street Fighter II is my all time favorite , I was very good at it !). I also like infiltration games like splinter cell, Metal Gear Solid. I think that my best solo video game experience was Shadow of the Colossus. In general I'm very sensible to the feel of the game, the soundtrack , the universe, the graphics, its beauty etc..

When I was in a better place and actually did have a social life, I used to travel to another country where I have a lot of family. People there loved to play soccer video games and so I played a lot of PES (I was good at it !) and No I wasn't on the FIFA team. Rumor has it that PES is no more and that it's called eFootball now and that the King of Soccer is FIFA now and all the PES aficionados are now on the FIFA team because eFootball is an awful game.

I don't like FPS games though, I don't like the feeling of not being able to see the character I'm controlling and I have some difficulties estimating the distances in the environment from an FPS view. That makes me hesitating a lot and rely to much on something that feels like "leaps of faith" so to speak. I wonder if it's type( /temperament/form of cognition ?) related , do you guys like FPS games ?

Anyway, it has been years since I played a video game. I can't find the energy and motivation to play because of depression and anhedonia. Isolation and loneliness doesn't help.

Edit : I just realized that I've already made a post in this thread in which I said basically the same thing ! nevermind !

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789