Thread: Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park

Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

Parker is suppossed to be the basis for the character Stan Marsh and Stone is the basis for the character Kyle Broflovski. Typing the characters independantly, Kyle can seem somewhat more on the enfj side a bit and maybe Stan is more intp? Hard to tell with those two. Cartman seems istp, fwiw.

Here's pictures of them;

Trey Parker

Matt Stone

On another side note, Parker looks surprisingly like Kevin Truedeau.
    Last edited by silke; 07-15-2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: updated links
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about:

Top: ENFJ

Bottom: ESFP
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trey Parker ENFp
    Matt Stone ESTp

They shouldn't get along that way... I must have typed one wrong, but I don't know which one... Trey Parker could be ENTp.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trey: ENFp
    Matt: ENTp (shares virtually ALL of my expressions...it's almost creepy

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ENFP
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stone is ISTP I think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting since Parker is suppossed to be the logical one and Stone is suppossed to be the ethical one (at least that's what their characters represent).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. Ever seen Baseketball?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

Orgazmo... DADV hahahaahahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    I disagree. Ever seen Baseketball?
    oooOooOoohhhh... I forgot that was them. Regardless anyway, they neither wrote nor directed that movie, they were merely actors (actors aren't always the same person their character is). South Park, however, they not only do the voices but of course write and direct it. Their characters are suppossed to be representations of who they really are. Maybe they aren't that good, but it's certainly better to use those characters then the baseketball ones. In South Park, Stan is more logical and and Kyle more ethical (and then Cartman is antisocial and Kenny is... wise?).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trey Parker is ENTP, and this definitely shows in his Cartman character.
    Matt Stone is INTJ. That they're both NT's is a big part of why they get along so well and see things from similar a perspective. If you watch interviews, Trey does most of the talking while Matt usually stays relatively quiet.
    Mr. Crumbles
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being that they work so great together I think they have a type of relationship that reflects that.

Ok, so out of the 4 basic criteria:

Monovert or Heterovert
    Information based or Energy based
    Symmetric or Asymmetric
    Close psychological distance or Large psychological distance

I feel that a relationship that has a close psychological distance is necessary while the others are not
    This leaves out

Identical relations
    Comparative relations
    Look-a-like relations
    Super-ego relations
    Duality relations
    Partial duality relations
    Illusionary relations
    Contrary relations

If we look at descriptions from Rick's site we see:

Quote Originally Posted by Identity
    Two like-minded partners who strive to occupy similar social niches. Understand each others motives and goals and easily become jealous of each other's successes, especially if partners have the same social status. Good for occasionally touching base and sharing experiences, and for teaching purposes — if one partner is older and more experienced. Difficult for doing multi-faceted tasks together; partners quickly tire of each other, and cooperation tends to break down if they have the same status. Partners tend to talk only on subjects related to their mutual strengths and avoid other topics. They are not able to help solve each others' real problems and can only offer general advice and relate personal experience. In group settings identity partners who are already personally acquainted tend to avoid one other.
    Hmmm, I'd say not it but perhaps a stretch could be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred or Comparative relations
    Like-minded partners with similar views and thinking styles but with different emphases within their common spheres of interest. Generally enjoy discussing their views, but rarely are able to arrive at a complete consensus or make decisions jointly. Less competition and avoidance of each other in groups than identity partners, but also less teaching potential. Partners tire of each other after a couple hours of contact. Cooperation is possible if formalized and if partners are able to maintain their autonomy.
    I'd say not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Business or Look-a-like relations
    Partners are interested in many of the same areas, but approach them in completely different ways. Partners are generally impressed with and value one another's strengths at a distance, but find it difficult to get any practical benefit for themselves from these strengths. Partners cannot form anything more than a superficial relationship with each other.
    I'd say not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superego
    Each partner is the embodiment of many qualities the other wishes he had and tries unsuccessfully to develop in himself. Talking about these respective strengths can be enthralling if partners find interest in each other. If partners have a common mission, they cover each others' weak areas, making for a powerful team. However, close cooperation and ironing out details is difficult, as partners can't agree on principles. Conflicts and disagreements between super-ego partners are out in the open and are usually discussed very vocally, at times causing heated arguments without a clear winner.
    I think this is a likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Duality
    Generally very enjoyable and rewarding relationship, especially if partners share common values and interests. Partners strive to shorten the psychological distance and enjoy simply being around each other and doing a wide range of activities together. Effective cooperation takes place automatically, with each partner taking on what he is best at. If partners share common interests, they also have productive discussions where they help each other see things from different complementary viewpoints. Partners relax each other and help release pent-up thoughts and emotions, but seldom feel like straining themselves and doing hard work together. Duality is by far the best relationship for restoring emotional equilibrium, developing spontaneity and natural personality traits, and overcoming fears and complexes.
    Also a likely candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semi duality
    Partners are able to provide meaningful assistance in each other's areas of weakness, often making for fruitful cooperation in getting things done. Partners find each other useful, but almost never fascinating (i.e. someone who you would want to get to know deeply). Thus, partners tend to do more and talk less.
    Not sure, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Extinguishment or Contrary relations
    Partners feel a strange draw to each other that seems to promise much but never delivers. Partners seem to be interested in the same fields and have similar yearnings, but they describe things in a strange and fascinating, but ultimately unfathomable way. Expectations that go beyond having an interesting conversation are almost never met.
    I'd say not it.

Considering one an ENTp then the other is most likely an ESFp or ISFp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don't put much stock in the socionics inter-type relations, I've never found them to very accurate. Though I respect those that do.
    Mr. Crumbles
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

???

Inter type relations *are* socionics. All this other stuff, types, functions, models, they're all there to explain the inter type relations. It's like you're saying you’re christian, but don't believe in god.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrumbles
    Matt Stone is INTJ. That they're both NT's is a big part of why they get along so well and see things from similar a perspective. If you watch interviews, Trey does most of the talking while Matt usually stays relatively quiet.
    INTj? I disagree.

I can agree with ENTp.
    If Trey is ENFp and Matt is ENTp, then Matt would let the ENFp do most of the talking.

And I think inter-type relationships aren't always that obvious, especially for others to spot them. Maybe they had so similar interests that they just had to become friends even though their personalities don't match. (haven't you ever had friends of the opposing quadra?)
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, I suppose this will be one of the "offensive" things that I write on occasion -- but the truth is that Mr Crumbles is totally clueless regarding Socionics. He types according to his understanding of MBTI criteria and refuses to try to learn Socionics. I have already PMed him in detail about this, but it was useless.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrumbles
    Trey Parker is ENTP, and this definitely shows in his Cartman character.
    Trey Parker may be entp, but you have to get your facts straight. First of all, Cartman can't be entp, lol. Second of all, Cartman isn't even suppossed to be Parker, but Stan Marsh is the best representation of him out of the boys (if you don't believe me check their wikipedia). And lastley, no, just because they are both nts doesn't mean that they must share the same persepective, and that also means that they couldn't share the same perspective is they weren't very different types. That whole perspective/belief/goal/value/whatever thing is largely independant of type.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Right, I suppose this will be one of the "offensive" things that I write on occasion -- but the truth is that Mr Crumbles is totally clueless regarding Socionics. He types according to his understanding of MBTI criteria and refuses to try to learn Socionics. I have already PMed him in detail about this, but it was useless.
    lol... Hahahaa... It's always nice to see people being offencive for the sake of honesty.

Yeah, I did start to write "INTj?! WHAT?! Anyone who thinks that INTjs look like that..." but I changed my mind and wrote "INTj? I disagree."
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    And I think inter-type relationships aren't always that obvious, especially for others to spot them. Maybe they had so similar interests that they just had to become friends even though their personalities don't match. (haven't you ever had friends of the opposing quadra?)
    Well yes if they've just met. But these are people who have been together for a while and work excellent together.

Personally, the only thing I trust in typing are intertype relations because unlike personality, which as time progresses keep changing and diverging from a state first observed, intertype relations do the exact opposite and converge over time. Slowly the little things start to grate on you, how you don't get your super ego satisfied, how you are pushed to use the id, if ever so slightly, and so on. Slowly the relationship crystallizes as you get to know each other more intimately; best example would be band's breaking up.

The fact is that they are an excellent team, they always were and they will be and I feel that their intertype relations are pretty solidified by now and can be used in typing.

As to answer your question, my best friend is ENFp, but the intertype relations have been everything but wrong. We're great stimulation for each other, but there is no chance in hell we could ever work on something together, and not that we haven't tried. The difference in style and so on is just too great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Yeah, I did start to write "INTj?! WHAT?! Anyone who thinks that INTjs look like that..." but I changed my mind and wrote "INTj? I disagree."
    Lol, you do that too? I do that like aaaaaall the time.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    ???

Inter type relations *are* socionics. All this other stuff, types, functions, models, they're all there to explain the inter type relations. It's like you're saying you’re christian, but don't believe in god.
    LMAO
    I agree with this

*are*
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Trey Parker: ENTp
    Matt Stone: ENTp
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b-b-ba-bump

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both ILE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Stone is a clear LIE. South Park is all Gamma humor, it's making fun of stupid people essentially. Eschews ideology in favor of common sense and basic human decency. Lots of highly offensive material - not in an Fi sense but in the sense of being vulgar, controversial, and acerbic. I'm less sure about Parker's type but probably a Gamma also. (Actually, come to think of it Beta is not out of the question either; I see how the show could be seen as a bit Beta too, especially Cartman.)

Here's a good interview. Notice how the conversation veers towards financial topics quite a bit.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Matt Stone - ISTP - Gabin

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Trey Parker - ESTJ - Stierlitz