TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Do you have revenge fantasies?
    I know it is not a good thing to do but I do fantasize sometimes.
    My revenge fantasies are more sociopathic than psychopathic. Instead of harming individuals, I see cities on fire, collapsing buildings, laser beams scything through the smoke, and I hear the screams of the citizens fleeing in panic for safety. But there is no safety. There is only death, destruction, extinguishment and extermination. Blood on the ground and dust in their mouths. Blind eyes seeing what we will all eventually come to know.

I'm not sure if these visions are the reason why I ended up as a weapons designer, rather than a tame Astrophysicist, but they could be. Alternatively, I could be like L. Prosser; a direct male-line descendant of Genghis Khan. Two of my four grandparents were from Prague, so it's not impossible.

I should point out one thing. I associate my gut-level feelings, my knee-jerk reactions, with conservatism (and possibly being enneagram 8w7), but I am intentionally a liberal, and consequently, I pause. I wait. I reflect, before I act on my feelings, always. Because I'm human and not an animal.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idol View Post
    I used to dream about torturing and murdering people who did even very little wrong to me. That was my teenage years.

Now I'm more instantly reactive and do or say sth back right at that point, so I dont feel a need to fantasize on such stuff later.
    It's good to let it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My revenge fantasies are more sociopathic than psychopathic. Instead of harming individuals, I see cities on fire, collapsing buildings, laser beams scything through the smoke, and I hear the screams of the citizens fleeing in panic for safety. But there is no safety. There is only death, destruction, extinguishment and extermination. Blood on the ground and dust in their mouths. Blind eyes seeing what we will all eventually come to know.

I'm not sure if these visions are the reason why I ended up as a weapons designer, rather than a tame Astrophysicist, but they could be. Alternatively, I could be like L. Prosser; a direct male-line descendant of Genghis Khan. Two of my four grandparents were from Prague, so it's not impossible.

I should point out one thing. I associate my gut-level feelings, my knee-jerk reactions, with conservatism (and possibly being enneagram 8w7), but I am intentionally a liberal, and consequently, I pause. I wait. I reflect, before I act on my feelings, always. Because I'm human and not an animal.
    I like seeing destruction in movies and animated films, but not in real life. It just feels so good if it's to end some bad people or no one at all, just the institution.
    My fantasies are more long term, like some major bad news for the people that I don't like who end up regretting having been shit, like they get to suffer the consequences.
    And I also have fantasies for a better time but it's less vivid.