Thread: gamma duality is a myth

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've met a lot of Duals, both male and female, and I get along with all of them seamlessly. I've slept with a couple of the females; the sex was very good but not the absolute greatest.* I found that the two ESIs I slept with were both selfish. Maybe that's Aggression, or bad previous partners, or maybe they didn't have their heads on straight. I don't know and I don't care. Selfishness gets you the "Try again with someone else" card.

I haven't yet met a female Dual with whom we agreed to form a long-term, sexual partnership. I have an ESI interior decorator, and we both kind of agreed (by default? By everyday repeated choices?) to have a long term relationship, but it's not sexual.

I'm still looking for an ESI who wants me as much as I want her, in the same ways, for the same reasons.

*Absolute greatest sex was with the two LSI females I dated. (They were identical in bed. Think about that when you are doubting the validity of Socionics.) Unfortunately, great sex didn't entirely make up for the rest of the relationship's qualities.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-12-2023 at 01:40 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I haven't yet met a female Dual with whom we agreed to form a long-term, sexual partnership.
    Among your duals could be your ex-wife (mb LSI). While ESI are doubtful to be your duals.
    You also claimed ESI are lesser attractive pair for you than LSI. So the ones who you tend to think as your duals are doubtful to be such.

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've met a lot of Duals, both male and female, and I get along with all of them seamlessly.
    Sorry but Adam, you'd most likely get along with your conflictors (probably not uncommon in that particular intertype, neither LIE nor SEI being precisely inclined to throw a spark into the powder flask). Perhaps you wouldn't describe the interaction as seamless, but you're sociable and you give people the benefit of the doubt. You've already done as much as anyone can do to optimise relations; even an ESI can't fault you

Yet I'd argue 'getting along seamlessly' is not the pinnacle of relationship success in gamma. I personally would endure some conflict to feel persistent devotion... only I can't silence the pragmatic eschewal which ruins most attempts as surely as if, one snowy day in childhood, I had blinked and got a shard of cursed mirror-glass in me eye lol

I haven't yet met a female Dual with whom we agreed to form a long-term, sexual partnership. I have an ESI interior decorator, and we both kind of agreed (by default? By everyday repeated choices?) to have a long term relationship, but it's not sexual.

I'm still looking for an ESI who wants me as much as I want her, in the same ways, for the same reasons.
    This is sort of my point... in gamma, LTR is highly valued but not regarded as urgent (except perhaps in ESI... in which case it's not a coincidence one seldom encounters a properly-single ESI in the wild)

Ceremony is valued in beta and perfunctory in gamma, so it isn't as if the wedding and accumulation of mutual acquaintances can sort of keep gammas glued to one another once the flaws in the heart begin to manifest themselves. A gamma type, beginning to waver, cannot be persuaded to stay on. A beta type might say 'oh the tragedy... the waste...' --so they split and reunite, only gammas are practical to a fault, with all implicit functions applying to fields, and relationships are often explicitly impractical. So the waste is to linger and perpetuate the error.

Honesty is more important in gamma than spared feelings, in deference to which perceives the repeating error, making the baseline of βγ relationships more contentious. Its symptoms appear a bit different to those in β but strength and raw ability () are also important in γ. ESI are again the exception, they can mature into a δ-ish humorous appreciation of human flaws... all the same, central quadrants inevitably ascend a steeper acclivity

On balance, then, gamma types tend to perfectionism coupled with alternative priorities -- not the chivalric β romance, it must fit alongside separate careers, and γSF and γNT types do not tend to work in the same fields... and so praxis reveals a dream which is never actualised

(They were identical in bed. Think about that when you are doubting the validity of Socionics.)
    as I've told Batucos, I don't doubt the typical remit of personality theories, but their comprehensive applicability

As signal must be distinguished from noise, the cycle must admit the genetic sport
    Last edited by theum nathair; 11-12-2023 at 08:20 PM. Reason: comma splice

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've met a lot of Duals, both male and female, and I get along with all of them seamlessly. I've slept with a couple of the females; the sex was very good but not the absolute greatest.* I found that the two ESIs I slept with were both selfish. Maybe that's Aggression, or bad previous partners, or maybe they didn't have their heads on straight. I don't know and I don't care. Selfishness gets you the "Try again with someone else" card.

*Absolute greatest sex was with the two LSI females I dated. (They were identical in bed. Think about that when you are doubting the validity of Socionics.) Unfortunately, great sex didn't entirely make up for the rest of the relationship's qualities.
    I think ESIs have a lot more hip mobility than LSIs but they require higher physical standards. If for some reason you have a period of your life when you are not fit they lose interest. They'll never say it openly but they requie you to be physically quite fit.
    ESIs can also more easily become obsessed and thst can be good.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit