Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visual Identification Project (IEI edition)

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About eight months ago, I discovered Mohamed (sphinx massage) throught Timur Doctorov Live YTC.

Mohamed looks like Star Wars Theory, they are both bodybuilders with about the same type of body.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of these are more picture matching than the people actually looking like each other.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post

Mohamed looks like Star Wars Theory, they are both bodybuilders with about the same type of body.

in the thumbnail, he kinda looks like a bit like actor Brendan Fraser.

I think our physical appearance and external traits/intelligence ultimatively shape our personality much more than the types and it probably affects the majority of our mental energy. It's a funny coincidence that typing everyone the same made me realize how different people are from a typology perspective. I think almost all discussions that revolve around types on this site are complete nonsense, but MBTI communities aren't much better. I find it more and more unlikely that I'm going to stay here for much longer, as I think I won't be able to change people's perspective anyway with the lack of real empiricism in typology. It's probably the aspect that I don't like the most, that I can't prove anything I am seeing due to the nature of psychology. There are numerous personalities, and the closer people are to them, the more they are going to feel alike.
    Last edited by Still Alive; 07-02-2024 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikite iru View Post
    in the thumbnail, he kinda looks like a bit like actor Brendan Fraser.
    Indeed ! Good point !

I think our physical appearance and external traits/intelligence ultimately shape our personality much more than the types and it probably affects the majority of our mental energy. It's a funny coincidence that typing everyone the same made me realize how different people are from a typology perspective.
    Yes, you know this reminds me that there is some truth to the expression "fake it till you make it" one can interpret it as "hold on to your dream and never surrender". there is some nobility to it but most people consider that expression as a negative thing and the people who use it as a motivation as "fake". That's probably because the expression contains the word "fake" in it. The truth of the matter is that people already embody the potential that makes them the person they are going to be regardless . I't about attitude and vision.

I remember Steve Vai once saying that as far as he is concerned, the key to success is to envision your dream as if it already came true and at the same time work very hard for it to really become true. All famous people of pop culture and the entertainment industry (those who are in the light that is) have that trait of character in commun, imho. Most of them need to believe in themselves like crazy in order for other to believe in them. There are exception of course, I mean by that very successful and famous people of whom the sociotype is not that of central Quadras but you can definitely bet that their entourage, the people behind their success, are carriers of sociotypes belonging to central Quadras.

I find it more and more unlikely that I'm going to stay here for much longer, as I think I won't be able to change people's perspective anyway with the lack of real empiricism in typology. It's probably the aspect that I don't like the most, that I can't prove anything I am seeing due to the nature of psychology. There are numerous personalities, and the closer people are to them, the more they are going to feel alike.
    I think that contrary to what it might seem, you are in fact very appreciated in this forum. You are, in many ways, contributing to keep it dynamic and alive (pun intended !).

Indeed, personalities and typology get mixed because they both have to be described in terms of profiles that induces overlaps because of the objective nature of these description. They describe behaviors not how the psyche work. In order to understand personalities one must apply psychology (which is very different from typology of course). Temperaments do exist, but each person is the unique representative of his or her personality of which the most part is related to biography. Indeed, to understand the personality of someone one has to acquire data about his or her background i.e. what constitutes his or her biography (from childhood to adulthood) I like to call it "life trajectory". The core sociotype in that context is just a detail that is only important for typology aficionados like us...

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I remember Steve Vai once saying that as far as he is concerned, the key to success is to envision your dream as if it already came true and at the same time work very hard for it to really become true.
    He's LIE and the LIE founder of my company says the same. "You have to be like you already are there (at your goal)". In classical socionics, Ni creative things. It's the same concept as in race driving, already focusing your gaze on the next turn since your vehicle will naturally go where your eyes direct. Same holds true for many other sports too, of course. Or pretty much anything where you have to anticipate where the target has moved, such as stock price being dependent on the future and not the current.

And no, it's not IEI, they don't use this kind of prediction as a tool.

Disillusionment and acceptance qaz00's Avatar
    TIM
    you know better
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Vai - EIE. Resembles LIE in some ways but uses way too much Fe.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@godslave: I think some people just value authenticity extremely high so if you are someone that goes more with the flow of general emotions and flucturations you are going to have a miserable time among such people and vice versa.

Yesterday I saw a documentary about young soccer players from africa who were competing for a spot in a prestigious program that would support their career in the UK. They were 180 in total and the best 20 would make the cut. They interviewed one person and he said essentially the same thing that I have written in my article, that it is his Dream to be a professional athlete and that he is sacrificing a normal life for it and that he wants to help his family financially. When the interviewer asked him if he has a plan B in case things didn't work out, he said that there is no alternative (ignoring Ne), he has to achieve it.

It makes me wonder a bit if immigrants who leave their home country for a chance of a better life have a specific sociotype that is prone to consider such a thing in the first place, which is in my view also IEI
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Lazar and Stephen King

Last edited by Still Alive; 07-11-2024 at 06:24 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123