Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How to find/recognize ISTps: characteristics, style, traits, and real life observations of SLIs

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I've actually gotten the Jessica Seifeld thing before haha

and now I'm hungry
    She's awesome, i her. I want a friend like her.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to Identify SLIs :p

This is really a stupid question..but..I don't know. I'm going to ask it anyway.

I wish SLIs had a little patch on their shirts.
    No idea how to identify them. Not sure there is a way, really. Probably isn't. ....
    Any ideas though?
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're cool and we don't mind stupid questions.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They sparkle in sunlight. WAIT... NO!
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    They sparkle in sunlight. WAIT... NO!
    Maybe from the shavings of metal they got all over them from the workshop?
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, from fairy dust.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    This is really a stupid question..but..I don't know. I'm going to ask it anyway.

No idea how to identify them. Not sure there is a way, really. Probably isn't. ....
    Any ideas though?
    They do have a patch, you can spot them. Question is you're going to like them?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're usually very bitter, but when you drench them in frosting, they become delicious.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by silke; 12-24-2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: updated

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Watch and observe Rob
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr phil?? Istp?? Seriously?? No fucking way!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    About as bad as kathy griffin as IEE.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    That one's not my typing, but I'm inclined to agree with you. He annoys the shit out of me too, lol. He's probably some so/sp, which ups the ante in terms of turning me off.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ashton, I like your listing of the ISTp.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-06-2012 at 01:13 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad, almost downward slanted eyes on the end. Straight eyebrow ridge, Si dom has a more rounded face structure than the Te sub-type.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Watch and observe Rob
    Also this.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobVillain View Post
    Sad, almost downward slanted eyes on the end. Straight eyebrow ridge, Si dom has a more rounded face structure than the Te sub-type.
    Awesome post
    -

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post

Any ideas though?
    ISTP-si, they are the most cool persons you see. often silent but moving and behaving very cool. they also often have clear cheekbones. they have very low fat in their face, so a very slick face.. or how do you say that.

ISTP-te, they have no particularities that I know off. Often talk a lot about cars, money, food and sex. Can be psychopath :-)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    ISTP-te, they have no particularities that I know off. Often talk a lot about cars, money, food and sex. Can be psychopath :-)
    Didn't you just list particularities?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Didn't you just list particularities?
    i have not so much detail about the istp-te. These behaviours are not especially reserved for the ISTP-Te type alone. The -Si characterstics are more reserved for just that type.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tim Harford, Si-SLI, showing off feats of vortical-synergetic thinking

Mike Truman, Te-SLI, this guy is on the far side of being the contact/Te-subtype - he just has to poke and prod at everything - does magic with synthesizers

moar SLIs:
    Róisín Murphy (SLI-Te) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF6B44kf-Cg
    Roman Abramovich (SLI-Si) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7a7tRXwBj4
    Vladimir Vysotsky - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIuUEH4qTY
    Last edited by silke; 09-24-2012 at 01:17 AM.

TIM
    ENFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Meeting ISTp for ENFp

Hi, I think I am ENFp and I would like to ask if in your opinion it is also so hard to meet a ISTp in real life. I have a feeling of that it's very not easy and hard to meet a ISTp and in my opinion I met a ISTp only once. How to recognize ISTp, what are places where they like to be? Maybe I will meet some ISTps here. I am sorry for my English, but I am not native speaker. I am sending greetings.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel like the trick is not that they are all at one place or that you can find them doing something specific, but just knowing when to recognize them when you do encounter them, since they're inevitably distributed all over. And to that there's no easy answer either, but the surest sign is trust your Si seeking if you truly are IEE. By this I mean if someone is attractive on a animal level, don't fight it, try to get near them and see if it holds up. This would be intrusive of most other types to the SLI, but if you're really IEE you'll be able to swing it, because you're clever like that. If you trust the Si signals then bounce some Ne off them and see how they respond. You have to believe that duality is a relationship of psychological comfort, so while its not always guranteed to be easy especially not at the start, if its real it should be somewhat palpable in the interaction as it unfolds... in that case I guess I'm saying be yourself, look out for people you find attractive, approach them and see if they respond positively. Yes this is like super cliched and its funny we have an entire psychological theory where this is the fruit, but all this "be yourself" "talk to him" type stuff is so cliched Jung talked exactly about how something new is required to inject the numinosity back into everyday life. I think this is an example of it.

There's a lot of stereotypes about professions but I don't think they really hold up, just because someone is a mechanic doesn't mean anything. Trust your vibes. If you want to go around looking for them according to stereotyped means you're likely to find a lot of guys trying to become the stereotype not be themselves, in the hopes theyll find acceptance on that basis. That is actually the persona at work. It seems to me likely to run into the super ego type of your dual if you go that route. Confusing the proxy for the real thing is something typology itself is mired in and its symptomatic of the age where people in general are living too much in their super egos, especially introverts in extroverted society. Jung mentions this phenomenon specifically which is that contemporary society pushes people to dissociate from the self and into the super ego. Typological systems easily get subsumed into that unhealthy dynamic where they become a mouthpiece for more of that kind of unnatural behavior. Anyway I know that's a lot to chew on, but I wanted to head off a lot of bullshit questions like this always bring up

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would suggest to not use Socionics as a search criteria because the risk of a mistype is high and one may not initially be attracted to one's dual; it is better used to understand a person that you are dating. Duality in combination with all other aspects of compatibility is very difficult to find; I've met many, many duals with whom I would never consider close relationships.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iSTp is one of the most common types and most common type in males. So to find the ISTp male is the easiest of all types. To spot ISTp male is very easy, they usually have their IEs expressed very well and it's hard to mistake them for anything else. You just need more experience with people types. Just date every guy and every 4th or 5th male should be ISTp. Refer to type descriptions if you want to know how to recognize them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Even if you see some human regularly - there is high risk you'll mistype, as this needs the skills and today typing ways are not perfect. You may easily mistake at least in one dichotomy and to understand this after monthes of the communication or never.

Try to choose by your heart - the one who you irrationally feel as soul friend for you, - mb more chances to find the one who is good for you, despite the type he has. Not only type influences on the relations and feelings, not only peoples' traits but also your efforts to love and care about other human too.

The common way to meet a pair - people near you. You together live, study, work, fishing, accidentally were in the same campany, etc. It's random process. Look at those people and mb you'll see the who you need.

There are no special places to meet concrete type. You may expect to find more of types of some club somewhere. For example to meet T-S man on socionics forums is hard. Most here are F, N types and women, many ones here may mistype themselves. You may to have more chances to meet SLI in technical and renovation related shops, fitness clubs, etc. More T-S types may study on technical specialities, have occupations there. You meet them everyday in public places.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most here are F, N types and women
    hows that working out for you

You may to have more chances to meet SLI in technical and renovation related shops
    yeah more chances like Sol meeting NFs on socionics boards. more chances makes it a numbers game when that's not really what its about, but I assume an IEE knows this so whatever, so I don't want to get bogged down in an argument over it, except to say the numbers argument has been made and shot down in the past, because Fi is precisely not about numbers. its about qualitative judgements. if someone seeks out where "x type" hangs out because they're "x type" they've already killed the romance, sometimes the romance is in finding the person who is the fish out of water. I understand this is probably seen as irrational so I admit that Sol's advice would be proper directed at a linear thinking (not necessarily ego) rational type
    Last edited by Bertrand; 05-17-2018 at 07:52 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are manyyy IEEs and SLIs who've met naturally, in fact this is one of the most poplular dual pairs so you shouldn't be worried.
    Look for people who are confident and comfortable in their bodies and seem kinda casual and effortless in their looks, some SLIs are good dressers and follow trends but only if it's not something that they consider unnatural looking. To me they just seem like very stable and sane individuals not neurotic like me or my other Ne friends.
    In the past it was more common for ISTp to work as a mechanic or in some other field that requires strong sensing but nowadays most of them have different motivations and influences so they can be found in almost any profession. For example I know two people who are SLI and one of them is a boy who's got no idea about his future and he's in a phase where he's kinda floating and education is not his priority since his LSE mother has connections in a profitable field while the other one is a girl who is very successful in police academy.
    What is notable about SLIs is that they usually have hobbies they are very dedicated to(unlike delta nfs who try new 2345 hobbies each year), in some cases it's a sport(even a team one) or even something artistic.
    Again, you shouldn't be worried because in most SLI-IEE dual pairs it's the SLI who found the IEE

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI is ISTJ in MBTI terms and according to MBTI stats every 1 in 6 males is SLI. But to me it's not always easy to tell them apart from LSI.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are quite common in a variety of guises, gym junkies, tech people, tradesmen, music/actor/photographers, there'a a lot of variety. For me the problem is more how to start a conversation and how to date them, they are pretty shy mostly and I get the sense they run away if you're casually dating more than one so it's slow to check them out properly.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a few SLIs. They just seem to have a calm, logical, and grounded aura to them. They tend to not express much emotion due to their Fe PoLR.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345