Thread: Music to dance to?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Music to dance to?

Do you people have any advice? Not for a party, mind you, just dancing.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of dancing?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    What kind of dancing?
    funky/modern if we have to classify.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

artist- song
    q and not u - soft pyramids
    chromeo - you're so gangsta
    the rapture - don gon do it

those are a few cool songs.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, that's what I was looking for. Dancing really isn't my thing. But it's got a good rythem -- keeps you going when you're doing work you're not so psyched about.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea. I never had this "urge" to dance because of the music I was listening to. I haven't danced at all for at least 18 months. Dancing is something I do to "fit in" or to please my partner. It's something I do if I "have" to, never to amuse myself, because it doesn't. And I've always been like that, so nothing to do with age before anyone asks.

It was the major argument in the case made by an ESFp woman that I wasn't "normal" and needed "professional help".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    I generally dislike the whole clubbing atmosphere all together. It can be fun sometimes, but I think I'm too much of an introvert for all that. I do enjoy dancing though... sometimes you hear a hot beat, and you just cant help it.

........ this is precisely what turned me off from dancing....

seeing people react to it and just start going, even more so because it was "socially encouraged". My reaction was: Fuck that. Put on music and people start dancing or nodding because its the cool thing to do - forget it.

It still disturbs me sometimes to see huge crowds of people clapping, especially at presidential nominations. It's like watching a fucking monkey clap, or a dog doing a damn trick to get some food. Utterly pathetic.

The more I am supposed to dance in a situation the less appealing it becomes. (Idiosyncratic somewhat). This also may be why it is appealing to dance in awkward situations, or out of the blue. But in a situation where other people are doing it, or it's a song I'm supposed to dance to because others are... not appealing at all.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    I generally dislike the whole clubbing atmosphere all together. It can be fun sometimes, but I think I'm too much of an introvert for all that. I do enjoy dancing though... sometimes you hear a hot beat, and you just cant help it.

........ this is precisely what turned me off from dancing....

seeing people react to it and just start going, even more so because it was "socially encouraged". My reaction was: Fuck that. Put on music and people start dancing or nodding because its the cool thing to do - forget it.

It still disturbs me sometimes to see huge crowds of people clapping, especially at presidential nominations. It's like watching a fucking monkey clap, or a dog doing a damn trick to get some food. Utterly pathetic.

The more I am supposed to dance in a situation the less appealing it becomes. (Idiosyncratic somewhat). This also may be why it is appealing to dance in awkward situations, or out of the blue. But in a situation where other people are doing it, or it's a song I'm supposed to dance to because others are... not appealing at all.
    seriously, wtf?!?

people don't just dance because "it's the cool thing to do" some people dance because they actually like doing it. I am not one to dance unless a girl I am with asks me to do so...then I do it because I actually feel like doing it, or i'm just drunk enough to...lol

as far as a person nodding your head when a song comes on with a good beat... I do it because it just happens...it doesn't take me seeing others to make me think, oh it's ok to start bobbing my head because those people are doing it.

the paragraph you wrote about clapping... Have you ever had a few hundred people clap for you? It's a way to show appreciation for something that a person's done. Imagine going to a rock concert and everyone had the same view on clapping and yelling as you do... The band gets done and the whole place is quiet...that my friend, would be utterly pathetic.
    I'm sorry if I come off as a dick, your view on this just baffles me. Although, it could just be that you listen to a totally different type of music too, there's a lot of music that I couldn't dance to and most likely never would.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    off-topic (forgive my parasitism today):

An INTj once raised this question when we did a topic on conformity: "Aren't people also trying to conform to an alternate norm when they try to be as unique and individualistic as possible?"
    Of course "I want to be different like everyone else" is still group behavior. Humans are social creatures, even the lone wolves have to contend with that.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

./..

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out The New Deal and Cosma.

Oh, and ask Krasen

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you stupid, but really stupid? This fucking topic proves you wrong. I can't even begin to mention how wrong you are in your attempt at justifying you being uptight by the mere fact that you think people dance to "be accepted" or shit like that. Ever thought that it might just be pleasurable? Moron, stupid, asshole, cretin, ignorant.

Expat: lol, I know what you mean, esfps are a bit pushy with this stuff; in fact sometimes i like not to dance around them just because I want them to think that im a nerd because they can't reconcile the two different images otherwise.

Starfall: Thanks for the tip, the music is very cool

Gilly: I alredy know ehehe, I was just asking the whole forum for tips, before UDP ruined everything with his utter stupidity.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your perspective is abominably limited and short-sighted.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, at least I'm an INFp, right Gilligan?

You know, I can really begin to see the AND coming through now! It was only a matter of time, I tell you! Only a matter of time.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    the paragraph you wrote about clapping... Have you ever had a few hundred people clap for you? It's a way to show appreciation for something that a person's done. Imagine going to a rock concert and everyone had the same view on clapping and yelling as you do... The band gets done and the whole place is quiet...that my friend, would be utterly pathetic.
    ... well, let's re-read what I wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    My issue is that it seems incredibly stupid to me --- in a disproportionate sense. Meaning, I think clapping after a concert, or at a sports game in a stadium --- that's fine and all. But only so much. When it's election time, and the debates are on TV --- I find it rather pathetic that people clap after everything someone says. There is something remarkably pathetic to me about 'formal' situations where people are supposed to clap just because. It's conjures cavemen making noises with their hands to show approval.

Now I don't really mind a well deserved round of applause.... I guess. It just seems ... primitive at times. Like animals. But I guess that is just an image I'm going to have to deal with.

I'm sorry if I come off as a dick, your view on this just baffles me. Although, it could just be that you listen to a totally different type of music too, there's a lot of music that I couldn't dance to and most likely never would.
    It's nothing.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Are you stupid, but really stupid? This fucking topic proves you wrong. I can't even begin to mention how wrong you are in your attempt at justifying you being uptight by the mere fact that you think people dance to "be accepted" or shit like that. Ever thought that it might just be pleasurable? Moron, stupid, asshole, cretin, ignorant.
    Yes, it's a shame, isn't it. Woe is me.

Let us again re-read what I wrote:
    (notice -- this was the conclusion of my post, closing remark---)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dancing is gay
    lol

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xiuxiu
    dancing is gay
    tru, i just wanted to make an outing with this topic

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, at least I'm an INFp, right Gilligan?

You know, I can really begin to see the AND coming through now! It was only a matter of time, I tell you! Only a matter of time.
    Are you really trying to pick a fight with me? What are you on?

I already rescinded the idea that you are INFp in favor of INFj, and you know that, so don't even bother trying to provoke me because of my past opinions. If you want to travel back in time a week or so and argue with me then, by all means, invent a goddamn time machine. Until then, accept the fact that you clearly have a limited perspective that, for some reason, encompasses not gaining pleasure out of physical activity, and were just plain wrong to assert that everyone must be the same as you in that regard. Dancing is stressful physical activity, and releases endorphines, which make you happy, so scientifically, yes, people should be made happy by dancing. You, on the other hand, let your social insecurities override those positive feelings, letting the only thing worth risking embarassment be social approval (which, for some reason, you apparently value above positive emotions), and feel the need to apply these insecurities to everyone around you.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I don't really mind a well deserved round of applause.... I guess. It just seems ... primitive at times. Like animals. But I guess that is just an image I'm going to have to deal with.
    i was at a bar once with friends watching a tight hockey game between the hometown favourites and the Flyers. our team scored in the last few minutes and the whole crowd got up all at once like a surge and applauded, shouted, just enjoyed. at that very moment i felt like a huge wave of emotion and just plain human electricity entered my body: it felt like a fuckin orgasm. i don't know if you've ever had this feeling but reading your posts i doubt it. man, you don't know what you're missing. it's not about fitting in: it's about releasing the pent-up energy built up after a dreadful week at the job or whatever. it's about rejoicing at a beautiful moment. it's about letting go of your inhibitions.

dancing is similar. the difference is that your chances of getting laid are multiplied by the number of songs you dance with the same girl.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by xiuxiu
    dancing is gay
    tru, i just wanted to make an outing with this topic

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio

dancing is similar. the difference is that your chances of getting laid are multiplied by the number of songs you dance with the same girl.
    oh this is messed up but you may be on to something...
    insert here
    Next time I'm out with a chick, right from the start i'm gonna ask her what the chances are of me getting laid... then we'll dance and i'll tell her to rework the math till i'm sure i'm gonna hit it. I'll tell her I learned this theory in socionics from mustachio and she'll be absolutely dumbfuckled by it and say, "well I can't argue with math, let's go."

I figure if I add a few drinks to the mix the equation can come out to infinity and it'll happen no matter what. sweet. hahaha, well, i'm not sure if i'm one to make this work but i shall see in the near future. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice!
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Creepy-bg

I never dance... is that why I only average the sex twice a year? Or is it because I never leave the house and fall in love with girls who are in jail

Creepy-bg

honestly though the only times I've been able to dance were at Dead shows. Otherwise I'm just way to self-conscious about it... interrestingly it does kinda correspond to how I am with sex, while in the act that is. I can talk a bunch of shit otherwise and make inuendos all day long (as long I'm not interrested, as weird as that seems) . But get me in the act and I'm a totally different person.

I did have alot of fun doing roller-disco with this hot blonde I once knew. But then that was fun because it was cheesy retro shit and like I said before she was quite the hottie. A hot girl can make anything fun

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only dance when I'm in a very goofy mood, one which luckily doesn't strike me very often-I'm sure it's hard to watch

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    I only dance when I'm in a very goofy mood, one which luckily doesn't strike me very often-I'm sure it's hard to watch
    I feel the same way, anytime I dance (which is never) I'm very aware of how much of an idiot I look like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    Quote Originally Posted by mustachio

oh this is messed up but you may be on to something...
    insert here
    Next time I'm out with a chick, right from the start i'm gonna ask her what the chances are of me getting laid... then we'll dance and i'll tell her to rework the math till i'm sure i'm gonna hit it. I'll tell her I learned this theory in socionics from mustachio and she'll be absolutely dumbfuckled by it and say, "well I can't argue with math, let's go."

I figure if I add a few drinks to the mix the equation can come out to infinity and it'll happen no matter what. sweet. hahaha, well, i'm not sure if i'm one to make this work but i shall see in the near future. :wink:
    rotfl, do it!

mustachio: that must be why girls never want to dance with guys at lest here eheheh. Btw, dirty dancing <3 I always kinda cry when I watch that movie

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Ptfff, I know an INTj girl that thinks the same way, but she is actually good, she just can't autoreiceive feedback due to her lack of Se.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. no trust me, I have no rhythm

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

er, there's lots of good stuff to dance to (even if i look like elaine, ha) but a personal fave is 70's disco. care to "do a little dance"?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    er, there's lots of good stuff to dance to (even if i look like elaine, ha) but a personal fave is 70's disco. care to "do a little dance"?
    I'm more for the "make a li'l love" part of that song...lol

but I do agree that when it comes right down to it 70's is by far the easiest stuff to just dance crazy to...lol I've known people that don't ever dance to develop sudden cases of epilepsy and gettin crazy on the dance floor when listening to this type of music.