Thread: Most common mistypes between types ?

Shadow
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Most common mistypes between types ?

What are the most common mistyping between types you have encountered frequently? regardless of the reasons for these mistyping

For example:ILE mistyping as IEI ( I don't know if this is common, it's just a random example )
    Souls know their way back home

Shadow
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen many LIE who thought they're SLE , this is probably the most common mistype I've seen , I see it regularly from time to time , and all of them are D Subtype in DCNH
    my first reaction when someone tells me that his type is SLE , is: you sure you're not LIE D ?

Usually, I solve the problem via temperament , with focusing on Static/Dynamic dichotomy in the temperament : Ep as static temperament reality jumps in their perception from one situation to another suddenly , while Ej are more attentive to changes in time/environment as a dynamic temperament
    Last edited by Squirrel; 06-17-2023 at 08:08 PM.

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always see ILE/LIE being typed as E8 here, etc. People typing others based on appearance instead of objective patterns of behavior, aka the data, etc. And seeing the most cursed combinations, ILE E4? An insensitive emotionally shallow socio type being the enneagram with the most emotional depth to them? What the fuck is happening on this site?

Shadow
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    I always see ILE/LIE being typed as E8 here
    LxE E8 works , it wasn't about Enneagram though

People typing others based on appearance instead of objective patterns of behavior, aka the data, etc
    I am not asking about errors in typing methods, I am asking about errors such as ILE mistyping as LIE , for example

TIM
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    LxE E8 works , it wasn't about Enneagram though
    I can see MBTI Te dominant working, but in socionics it's still unclear. I'll read that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I am not asking about errors in typing methods, I am asking about errors such as ILE mistyping as LIE , for example
    Oh, well I've seen people who are clearly ESI type themselves as LIE and ILI here. I think a lot of people have their insecurities, so they'd rather type themselves as what they want themselves to be. I realized that the millisecond I posted, I was just far too lazy to edit/change it.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-Se betwixt those 2. confrontation is Se. NOt Te (unless youre thinking MBTI). Te types prefer a more "clever" aproach. Se ego just dont got time for allat.

agree with @Virtuoso. ILI ESI are notorious mix-up. (ive fallen victim to it myself).

TIM
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherperson View Post
    Te-Se betwixt those 2. confrontation is Se. NOt Te (unless youre thinking MBTI). Te types prefer a more "clever" aproach. Se ego just dont got time for allat.

agree with @Virtuoso. ILI ESI are notorious mix-up. (ive fallen victim to it myself).
    Yeah, both of them seem gloomy as heck, very negative, and critical. Except ESI critizes people for not following their ideals, and ILI... It's just everything. ESI has a lot more emotional depth than ILI, and tends to be a lot more forceful of course.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most common of the mistypes should be those between similar types: mirror, kindred, contrary, quasi-identical, business
    F's are less often correct about their type, since it's a primarily a process of comparing the facts of one's behaviour with the functions, dichotomies, types. additionally, sometimes the facts of one's behaviour is not congruent with one's own perception (including ITR with people), and that's not always pleasant to find out, which also lessens the motivation for F's to do this. unvalued Ne & S also can lessen the interest to understand.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the land of MBTI, it's not that uncommon for a ESTP ENTJ mistype.They are both results oriented.

Or same type, but S/N difference and the idea for separation is future vs present language. N types whether Ne or Ni are future seeking and speak in terms of the idea of something vs the something.

In some instances ENTJs think they are ENFJs because Fe is still there they recognize how it operates, and they try to accommodate the circumstance and balance it, in the balance of it, not the individual, not recognizing that nuance.

Or misanthropic attitudes quell E and they substitute I for it. Thinking that E means crowd seeking.

Black & white is a shallow divide ∕∕division is the color that multiplies

The good news in knowing you are wrong is you're right

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

A little better makes better more
    ♦♦

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The most seen are dichotomies and most tests are based on them. So mainly types are identified by them. Hence mistakes to 4 types differing on 1 dichotomy should happen the most.
    Among those who uses Socionics also should be higher mistakes to mirror types, as ego functions are same.

Then go big fans of strange theories as Reinin, MBTI manual followers with wrong functions for introverts or else heretical nonsense.
    Next level are concrete people with regular practical issues by different reasons.
    Both categories are unpredictable in regular mistakes. For example, Gulenko which uses much of own fantasies seems may type anyone to EIE/LSI.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many mistypes might be brought by stereotypes and inaccurate understanding of functions. Especially those brought by MBTI and G.

1) Successful people might be mistyped as decisive types. IMO, successful Si egos could easily be mistyped as Ni ego. Meanwhile, successful Ne egos could be mistyped as Se egos. For instance G typed Newton, Gates and Darwin as Gamma NTs but I don't see strong clues that they arn't Delta STs. Bill Gates's book, if written by himself, seems to be process, negativist, and asking, which is more inline with LSE instead of LIE.

2) EIE is probably the type that usually being misyped into. People tend to type anyone with a strong political or moral belief and anyone who's a good teacher to be EIE. I even see people type Putin as EIE. On G's EIE typings the following seem to be suspicious: Nietzsche, Lenin, Robespierre, Confucius, Marx. Also many politicians being typed as EIE doesn't seem to be intuitive. I'm not very familiar with them but I just don't find EIE to be very convincing.

3) ILEs are easily mistyped as LIIs for those with MBTI background. Ti/Te egos could easily be mistyped.

TIM
    IEI sp/sx 6w5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, and just from what I have seen, the most common mistypes are between the Betas. SLEs tend to get typed as LSIs and EIE / IEI are mistaken for each other.
    𝐃𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐜𝐞
    𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬
    𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨,
    𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI as ESI. LSI as LIE. EIE as LIE. SLE as SEE. LII as ILI.

SLI as LSI. LSI as SLI. SLI as ILI. SLE as IEE. iEE as IEI. LSI as EII.

These are some that I think I've noticed.
    Last edited by lavos; 06-21-2023 at 06:14 AM.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

TIM
    Ni-EIE-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    Many mistypes might be brought by stereotypes and inaccurate understanding of functions. Especially those brought by MBTI and G.

1) Successful people might be mistyped as decisive types. IMO, successful Si egos could easily be mistyped as Ni ego. Meanwhile, successful Ne egos could be mistyped as Se egos. For instance G typed Newton, Gates and Darwin as Gamma NTs but I don't see strong clues that they arn't Delta STs. Bill Gates's book, if written by himself, seems to be process, negativist, and asking, which is more inline with LSE instead of LIE.

2) EIE is probably the type that usually being misyped into. People tend to type anyone with a strong political or moral belief and anyone who's a good teacher to be EIE. I even see people type Putin as EIE. On G's EIE typings the following seem to be suspicious: Nietzsche, Lenin, Robespierre, Confucius, Marx. Also many politicians being typed as EIE doesn't seem to be intuitive. I'm not very familiar with them but I just don't find EIE to be very convincing.

3) ILEs are easily mistyped as LIIs for those with MBTI background. Ti/Te egos could easily be mistyped.
    I agree with all of them except Nietzsche.

To add, there are EIIs that self-type EIE by being affected by too many DCNHs.Even the EIE description found in the EIE Domain on Wikisocion looks like EII.

https://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php/EIE_domain

There are many people who are confused with the fp1 and fp2 states of Irrational/Rational, who have SLI but type LSI, who have SLE who type LSE, and who have ILE who type LIE.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we talking mistypings by random people or people who know the theory?

These are some of the most similar types and most difficult to distinguish in my experience:

very similar

LII-IEI#
    EIE-SLE
    EIE-SEE
    SLE-SEE
    EIE-IEI#

fairly similar
    SEI-IEI
    ILE-IEE
    LSI-ESI
    ESE-EIE
    SEE-ESI
    LSE-SLI
    ILE-EIE
    ESI-SLI
    LSI-IEI#
    SEI-EII

# - more online
    Last edited by Exodus; 06-21-2023 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on people.
    Some people mix certain types more than others.
    Some, idk, IEIs are more clearly intuitive, others clearly Ip, others clearly Fe valuing... so that changes most likely mistypes.
    Some people also want people they like as a type they like or people they don't like as a type they don't like.
    Some people focus on certain aspects - a dumb exemple is someone I knew typing a guy an Se ego because he was alcoholic, that's a terrible way to type - and fail the see the whole picture.
    Stuff.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought I'd already answered this, so either the forum ate the post or there's a similar thread.

I think rationality\irrationality is the dichotomy people find most difficult to determine in Socionics, partly because Socionics muddles it, but also because Socionics even muddles up the dichotomy of extroversion/introversion which is generally well understood by the general population, but in Socionics people are always wondering whether they might be the extroverted side of a mirror pair despite being clear introverts as commonly understood.

The community is generally strongly INXX, so most mistypes should be the result of rational\irrational and logic\ethics dichotomies.