Thread: Your sleep habits

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your sleep habits

How many hrs. a night do you need, and how many hrs do you really get? I'm 11:30 to 5, and maybe a 1/2 hr. nap in late afternoon. I can't do any more time at one setting. I'll prob. go 4 days and then burnout and crash.

My mother was the same way. EIE.

You?

Do you need supplements for insomnia?

I used to take cherry juice to induce sleep, but somehow i got over it. Melatonin before that.

So how do the 16 types sleep?

I could have posted this in the main forum, but it's casual mostly.

zzzzzzzzzz.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea how many hours I really should get per night. I don't think I've ever had a nice regular sleep schedule.

Last week I had been sleeping a bit less than six hours per night, but when it got to friday I was destroyed. Last night I slept for 16 hours. I'm not getting into a decent schedule again until wednesday due to college tests.

I've tried melatonin before but I usually have a hard time falling asleep because my mind just won't shut up. It didn't help that much with it. At the end of the day I just have to be patient and wait.

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sleep habit is to stay up as long as my body physically allows me to and spend the day in suffering and pain.

I thought I'd commit to melatonin tea but I have only used it a couple of times. Most of the time I stay up late and wake up begrudgingly in the morning

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nairumel View Post
    My sleep habit is to stay up as long as my body physically allows me to and spend the day in suffering and pain.
    @FreelancePoliceman has the exact same sleeping habit. Except he actually has responsibilities to suffer through the next day lol.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to go float around the Dreamscape, haven't been contacted by Yog-Sothoth yet, but at least I haven't been attacked by a Gug or been body-swapped with a Yaddithian. People who don't sleep at all are zombies from Hy Brisal. Even thinking about what happened on the plane of Orichi back then makes me shudder. Dreams are love and life.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sleep when I'm feeling like doing it. Thinking about doing polyphasic sleep, but I'm afraid I might get physically ill
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sleep 8-10hrs straight every night, and feel irritable, lethargic if I get any less. Luckily, I haven't had any issues with sleep.

TIM
    SCS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sleep during school tends to be very poor since I am a light sleeper, and I tend to react to most disturbances. Usually 2-4 hours per night from October to late May. 12 hours on holidays and when I have nothing to do.

I just recently developed insomnia, especially after my finals. But I refuse to use supplements because I don't want to be unnecessarily reliant on drugs, I just have to run 1-2 miles, then drink hot milk and I'll be good.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i sleep at lewast 9 hours when theirs not school. but i eake up and feel not well rested (frequent weird dreams and nightmares). it takes aobut an hour for me to fall asleep. i go to be no much later than 11. when i have school i sleep 10 pm and wake up 6 am. somehow even with plentiful sleep, i wake up unsatisfied.

TIM
    SCS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherperson View Post
    i sleep at lewast 9 hours when theirs not school. but i eake up and feel not well rested (frequent weird dreams and nightmares). it takes aobut an hour for me to fall asleep. i go to be no much later than 11. when i have school i sleep 10 pm and wake up 6 am. somehow even with plentiful sleep, i wake up unsatisfied.
    Least* wake* about*

My body is pretty much always tense, I just feel too impatient to just relax sometimes, like I take things too seriously.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    Least* wake* about*

My body is pretty much always tense, I just feel too impatient to just relax sometimes, like I take things too seriously.
    i agree. its always like your somsone braced for impact, the apocalpse right off the hirizon. its rather frustrating in times to "wind down". just have to be go-go-go all day all night and between. you appear not to know your TIM. maybe consider Se in one of the more prelavent spots. if you were Si focus you would be relaxed 90 percent of the time. that has to get off at least half the types.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaticGirlfriend View Post
    I sleep when I'm feeling like doing it. Thinking about doing polyphasic sleep, but I'm afraid I might get physically ill
    If you can strictly follow the schedule you pick and you don't regularly engage in physically demanding activities, go for it. I've tried a schedule in the past and it was really worth it. Sadly my current demands don't allow me to do it at the moment.