Thread: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

i have a tendency to want to think ESFj/ISFp if only because bollywood seems ESFj, but really, i don't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aishwarya_ray

anyhow, hello attractive indian woman.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj sounds right. In her Hindi interviews, she's considerably less of an airhead than she comes across in English. And, yeah, all of Bollywood is ridiculously ESFj nowadays, which basically explains why watching that stuff makes me very ashamed on behalf of all of India.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love you, auvi.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj imo.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumped for "Alpha Gallery"

ESE confirmed?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z6sr9MZdTsI[/youtube]

"The most beautiful women in the world" ?

She is acting really saucy here.... I
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7gotn8DGRXk[/youtube]
    I sense a lot of pressure there. What do you think? (see another description below).
    Perhaps the clip from her flim is rather fitting.

Hmm
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4gCMfvYjufA[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=p3mHAcYOfwE[/youtube]
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I could see the Dave interview as having Rai being offended in regard to her culture. Dave sort of comes across as asking some really unintelligent or simplistic questions. Maybe it is just me, because I know about asian culture perhaps a little bit more than the average american pickup truck kind of guy. I could see her ballsiness related to that, especially combined with her mega-star status.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=StiKOZ8Z_Cg[/youtube]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most beautiful women ever. Ever.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part 2 of the above interview
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=-LGQlVTD0X0[/youtube]
    BAM! motivation revealed............
    I sense a lot of from her ENFj or ESFj?

Oh man, this interviewer completely blew it -- he said to "I don't think this is me..." disrespecting Fe, her culture (which is obviously very important to her) bad move. Way to blow off someone's culture. Go to 3:41... Hmm... Maybe that exchange points to ESE> EIE?

[spoil:a6977363c9]((From a purely subjective standpoint, what she was trying to do almost exactly coincides with the LII profile - "The only aspect where he willingly concedes to his partner is the issue of dressing, taste and routine chores.". And listen to her voice when she made that suggestion - "I've got something for you to try on!" (3:47) does that sound like ?))

And also, when she was getting upset at the end of that exchange "It is not about caring it is about trying" --- that style of enunciation exactly was used by an Indian ESE at my college when she was reacting to someone's comment. It could just be in general, though.[/spoil:a6977363c9]

It seems like the US media wants to write her off as a sex symbol, that is a vibe I got from some US interviews (unfortunately)

PS: "aishwarya ray" is spelled "Rai"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny that i would do fine with "aishwarya" and then misspell "rai." i must have been basing my spelling off of the wikipedia article above?

she reminds me of anne hathaway or nigella lawson now (after seeing the interviews.) they're... ESFj-ish? she's so hyper-feminine! i've honestly only seen her perform up until now. anyhow, i see the "wow, what an airhead." thing in english but like auvi, i do think some people have a tendency to come off as not as confident/different when speaking something other than their mother tongue.

the dave letterman interview sort of makes me want to reconsider her type? like she's getting all -snippy and it's cool.

p.s. auvi - bollywood is reminding me of disney movies lately.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    she reminds me of anne hathaway or nigella lawson now (after seeing the interviews.) they're... ESFj-ish? she's so hyper-feminine! i've honestly only seen her perform up until now. anyhow, i see the "wow, what an airhead." thing in english but like auvi, i do think some people have a tendency to come off as not as confident/different when speaking something other than their mother tongue.
    I did not see her as an airhead. Although this may be related to both being attracted to feminine girls and ESEs - but I say that without sacrificing all of my objectivity, it is just the truth. She did not strike me as someone who is unintelligent or foolish.

She handled all her own contracts, pushed herself to do well in school, wanted to represent her country well in the world, made a very delicate balance of Indian traditionalism and expanding herself culturally, and so on.

I am still getting used to Indian / Hindi culture and the likes, but it comes as rather refreshing. Especially to find people who feel legitimate about making movies like that.

Go to 2:11, and listen to what they say about the responsibility of the movie-makers.
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GsWg-SZqfxA[/youtube]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Go to 2:11, and listen to what they say about the responsibility of the movie-makers.
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GsWg-SZqfxA[/youtube]
    people who are willing to go all out and be sort of goofy/over-the-top? i find bollywood to be really dramatic sometimes, yet i also agree with you that there is something "refreshing" in its cheesiness and all the massive choreography work that goes into it. it was quite cool to hear what he says about his responsibility to make people happy.

i like how she said the bit about how she didn't want to speak much tamil because she didn't feel confident enough in the language to speak it without messing up and offending people.

you can always type her husband as well - - http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2 he gives me some sort of jeff goldblum vibe.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you still agree with the ESE typing?

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see that. Something about the unjaded, idyllic, happy-go-lucky, outlandish, campy, family-friendly sort of entertainment. Somewhere along the line in the late 80s-early 90s, Bollywood made a complete 180 from bloody, violent, disturbing realism to this stuff.

Aishwarya does still strike me as ESFj... I see a little more Fe in her, actually than before.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i do. even if i didn't, what does my opinion matter? i think her v.i. is something like benchmark ESE, honestly.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i do. even if i didn't, what does my opinion matter? i think her v.i. is something like benchmark ESE, honestly.
    I am asking to see if there is a consensus agreement. You are one of those very special individuals that makes up the consensus, Maria.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am asking to see if there is a consensus agreement. You are one of those very special individuals that makes up the consensus, Maria.
    thank you, ewey.

i think the letterman interview was maybe a little more like an ISFj or something -- reminds me of meg ryan? other than that i see no reason why she isn't ESFj.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seemed like there was a lot of tension on that Dave Letterman interview. Maybe she was nervous (though that seems unlikely), or maybe she did not like how her culture was portrayed. A lot of interactions and exchanges could have gone either way. She does not appear to be a frequent guest on DL (?).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now i'd prefer that this thread focus on the type of aishwarya rai, who i believe is ESFj. she is in no way similar to hillary clinton at all, completely unique, yet i still maintain that she's most likely ESFj unless i find some evidence that points to something entirely different.
    Indeed; we need more clips of Aishwarya...

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lAPZZcYd5cs[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=B2fvvacgu1s[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lfWqtFA9F3c[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VtQxdZfdh8Y[/youtube]

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z6sr9MZdTsI[/youtube]

"The most beautiful women in the world" ?

She is acting really saucy here.... I
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7gotn8DGRXk[/youtube]
    I sense a lot of pressure there. What do you think? (see another description below).
    ESFj-INTp conflict.

The INTp asks a lot of stupid questions, and the ESFj gets kind of pissy.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like another case where a fair maiden was in peril, from an ethical wrong doer. If only I had my Batman costume -- I mean, if only a true LII was there... things would have been different.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the Letterman interview: Aishwarya's a household name in metropoles all around the world, with the exception of the U.S. (Bollywood gets better worldwide distribution than Hollywood, believe it or not.) Letterman panders to the lowest common denominator, assuming his audience has never heard of Aishwarya before. Most probably haven't, but its demeaning to both the guest and the audience's intelligence to dumb it down as far as he did. He seems completely unprepared for this interview - non-sequitors, stupid questions, going so far as to quiz the woman about elementary Indian history. It's just condescending. These are the sort of questions he should have saved for his prompt crew. It would be like someone saying to Madonna - "So, you sing a style of music called 'pop', is that right? Did I get that right?" But, overall, the interview is just condescending as hell.

She's actually more eloquent in that interview these interviews than I've seen from her before. I'm not sure how much preparation she does beforehand, though.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    dioklecian-curioussoulian socionics - ISTj
    I just felt I must clarify this:

There is no such thing as dioklecian-curiussoulian socionics!

I only said that he could be right.
    In my experience the most reliable way to type someone is to type the people who are very similar to them.
    Presuming Dioklecian has done his homework and is not just talking out of his backside, hís opinion might be worth listening to.
    I have often found him insightful.
    I am, however, not personally qualified to make any claims regarding the type of implied.
    According to curioussoulian socionics you remain typeless.

Please do not take my name in vain. :wink:
    it's done. i found the typing really interesting, however, i admit. (; it was worth a quote in my sigline. i do think, however, that it's at least partially true that he spends a good deal of the time talking out of his ass!

now i'd prefer that this thread focus on the type of aishwarya rai, who i believe is ESFj. she is in no way similar to at all, completely unique, yet i still maintain that she's most likely ESFj unless i find some evidence that points to something entirely different. what's your take on this, CS?
    My ass is a hot topic apparently, I am flattered
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny how her accent changes in the two videos.
    asd

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The woman is ENFP IMO.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    On the Letterman interview: Aishwarya's a household name in metropoles all around the world, with the exception of the U.S. (Bollywood gets better worldwide distribution than Hollywood, believe it or not.) Letterman panders to the lowest common denominator, assuming his audience has never heard of Aishwarya before. Most probably haven't, but its demeaning to both the guest and the audience's intelligence to dumb it down as far as he did. He seems completely unprepared for this interview - non-sequitors, stupid questions, going so far as to quiz the woman about elementary Indian history. It's just condescending. These are the sort of questions he should have saved for his prompt crew. It would be like someone saying to Madonna - "So, you sing a style of music called 'pop', is that right? Did I get that right?"
    My thoughts exactly. I wonder how intentional it was on his part, or of that is just the card he was dealt to play (even though it is "his show"). Who knows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the Letterman interview: Aishwarya's a household name in metropoles all around the world, with the exception of the U.S. (Bollywood gets better worldwide distribution than Hollywood, believe it or not.) Letterman panders to the lowest common denominator, assuming his audience has never heard of Aishwarya before. Most probably haven't, but its demeaning to both the guest and the audience's intelligence to dumb it down as far as he did. He seems completely unprepared for this interview - non-sequitors, stupid questions, going so far as to quiz the woman about elementary Indian history. It's just condescending. These are the sort of questions he should have saved for his prompt crew. It would be like someone saying to Madonna - "So, you sing a style of music called 'pop', is that right? Did I get that right?" But, overall, the interview is just condescending as hell.

She's actually more eloquent in that interview these interviews than I've seen from her before. I'm not sure how much preparation she does beforehand, though.
    yeah. But if you don't know anything about indian history or this bitch then that's gud right

bwahaha time to go do something!
    asd

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts exactly. I wonder how intentional it was on his part, or of that is just the card he was dealt to play (even though it is "his show"). Who knows.
    Letterman's consistantly had some of the crappiest interviews I've ever seen on television, so it might just be his schtick. I can't watch his show anymore. He was awesome when I was in fourth grade, though.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Letterman's consistantly had some of the crappiest interviews I've ever seen on television, so it might just be his schtick. I can't watch his show anymore. He was awesome when I was in fourth grade, though.
    Yeah, he is really awkward now, but I watched him in an old interview of Madonna (ESTp?) and he seemed a lot more chill and comfortable.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    letterman INTJ

the orchestra guy in funky glasses INTP (poor man)
    so you think they are duals?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(maybe you should realize you don't know for certain yourself, before you say anything)