Thread: David Blaine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ........

quotes:

As a kid I used to hold my breath longer than anybody else, and then I heard stories about people accidentally underwater for 45 minutes - how do you recover from that? It's not a miracle. Something allows us to survive.

I remember finding a Houdini book at the library and seeing an image of him chained on the side of a building. He looked so intense and scary, and I couldn't get that image out of my head. That started building up my love of magic.

I think everything I do is normal, not paranormal but normal. It's using the power of the mind to achieve whatever we can endure.

To most magicians, cards themselves are marvels...For one thing, they feel special in your hand. Touching them, holding them, shuffling - the whole process is almost poetic. If you're in a room full of magicians and someone just mentions the word cards, within seconds, everyone is digging into their pockets and pulling out a deck of cards. It's one of the most amazing feelings ever.

I think magic, whether I'm holding my breath or shuffling a deck of cards, is pretty simple. It's practice, it's training, and it's - It's practice, it's training and experimenting, while pushing through the pain to be the best that I can be.

Magic's an art where you use slight of hand or illusion to create wonder. And I was just intrigued with that idea.

In truth, the only restrictions on our capacity to astonish ourselves and each other are imposed by our own minds.

But as they say about sharks, it's not the ones you see that you have to worry about, it's the ones you don't see.

We are all capable of infinitely more than we believe.

I think that, when you die, you go back to where you came from before you were born. So I don't think death is a bad thing.

Last edited by silke; 03-06-2016 at 03:27 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first guess is LIE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visual association. But it also seems to fit his daringness and love of extreme situations. Do you know of any videos of him on the web?

Creepy-male

Hmm I always thought he was kind of ESFp since he loves to show off his performances and get the audience involved in a more suspencful way.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lawl intj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Rick on this one. LIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

bump

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sensory type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta ST