Default Willy Wonka

ENXp of some sort in my view.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Which one are you referring to? The one played by Gene Wilder or Johnny Depp?
    Actually let's do both of them.

I think the Johnny Depp one was ENXp, maybe similar for the Gene Wilder one. What do you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Willy Wonka would be an ENTP.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Willy Wonka is ENTp. Anyway, for some reasons, the willy wonka portrayed by johnny depp really creeps me out.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj the film one.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-male

Willie Wonka seems ENFj to me for most of what you see in the movie, at least the older one.... I never saw the recent one since johnny deep was freaking me out. Anyways he was constantly demanding the children and people to be on their best behavior and follow his instructions on the tour. He seemed to be into the more feeling aspect of things guiding them through the factory and letting them experience it more like NF being imaginative and fanciful candy factory, instead of teaching them the break down of the factory like a T-type. Also he always is teaching the kids a lesson with his umpa-lumpa and isn't afraid to exert himself strongly like an ENFj.

However he also seems to have the ENTp aspect for the quirky inventiveness of the factory and all the ESTj aspects for keeping those umpa lumpas from calling in sick too much and rehearsing their dances.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The concept of the character is CERTAINLY ENTp: inventiveness, childishness, doing stuff "just for fun," etc. As for the character in the movie...it's been a bit too long for me to judge.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    The concept of the character is CERTAINLY ENTp: inventiveness, childishness, doing stuff "just for fun," etc. As for the character in the movie...it's been a bit too long for me to judge.
    ENTp's creative function is , and willy wonka seems anything but and being analytical

but I won't detest the childness and quirky inventiveness is ENTp which he acts alot like

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all Ti type are hyper-analytical; that = myth. Besides, he's probably the Ne sub anyways

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My problem with him being ENTp: he has a very dark edge. No entp I know has.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-male

Not all Ti type are hyper-analytical; that = myth. Besides, he's probably the Ne sub anyways
    Alright well if your going to pull out subtypes to prove your point....

thats no different than adding onto the definition of an ENTp after the fact

anyways I am not detesting the fact he has loads of ENTp in him, but the way he acts towards the kids is alot like ENFj to me also. He literally teaches them stuff which is the PoLR of ENTp.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he taught more Si stuff (What do you get when you guzzle down sweets, eating as much as an elephant eats? ). But, you know what, I can see Fi in some of it too. ENFp is a distinct possibility.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

teaching is more based in judgment which is a T/F thing, you can't teach intuition or sensing, at least thats my input.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    teaching is more based in judgment which is a T/F thing, you can't teach intuition or sensing, at least thats my input.
    What about, say, giving health tips, or warning people to "think ahead?" Those seem like S and N teachings (respectively) to me.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things stood out for me that I think characterized his motives. One is where he said:

"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted. He lived happilly ever after."

The other thing is where he said the reason he wanted to have a kid take over his factory is because adults would ruin it and take the innocence out of his vision, and basically was rejecting Se.

Both of these things seem Alpha to me, although the second thing could be somewhat Delta. What do you think?

And I think his advising people on how to be was his way of determining how they are, based on how they react, and he could get a sense of what each one of them was like and ultimately ask himself which one of the kids does he like the most to take over the factory, in other words who's a good kid and who's a brat.

One more thing (and i'm referring to the Gene Wilder movie here). At the end of the movie when the tour was over and he dismissed Charlie he was a bit standoffish, probably because he was down over the idea that there were no good kids out there (because Charlie had gone in the bubble thing). But when Charlie gave him back the piece of candy, he was elated and almost relieved that there still are good people in the world, and that his factory can continue the right way. He was happy that there are people that wouldn't want to take advantage of him in the world, and Charlie proved that, and I don't know what quadra you can attribute this to.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    He was happy that there are people that wouldn't want to take advantage of him in the world, and Charlie proved that, and I don't know what quadra you can attribute this to.
    In order to have that perspective in the first place, I think it would make sense for him to be in Delta, the most naturally mature/jaded Quadra.

NeFi it is.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

What about, say, giving health tips, or warning people to "think ahead?" Those seem like S and N teachings (respectively) to me.
    yes they do, I can see how health tips could be and how tips about how some group operates or works could be . However generally the tips are usually given in a T or F way. Like giving health tips because you want the person to feel good (the F way) or giving health tips because you want the person to be well maintained (the T way).

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm...being well-maintained seems to me. The differentiation would come in why you want the person to be healthy/well-maintained: so they can be in a good mood, or so they can be productive. Alpha SF vs Delta ST, in other words.

So elements of both S/N and T/F can be at work in advice.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

but usually the impact and motivation of the advice is T or F, while the way it is presented is usually N or S.

For example, someone may give health advice which is concerning (physical sensation), however like you said they can present it with the motivation of keeping a person well-maintained, efficent, and productive (T) or with the motivation of keeping a person feeling well, in good spirits, and energized (F).

Also if you really break it down an N-type could even give health advice, except a type would give it more based in terms of potentials and possibilities, with the motivation of being health enables a person to do more and healthy people have more possibilities in life and are less limited physically. While an would be more interested in health purely for the physical sensation of being healthy.

So really if you break it down all the functions could play into teaching a person or giving them advice.... however in general J-types tend to be more oriented towards giving people advice and taking it upon themselves to teach people.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charlie: INFp
    Veruca: ESFp
    Augustus: ESFp
    Mike: ESTp
    Violet ESTp

i think.

@ Starfall: where do u get those cool avatars which look like one another

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but usually the impact and motivation of the advice is T or F, while the way it is presented is usually N or S.
    ...this is the exact opposite of what you said in your last post

I would say that advice is given with S or N content, hoping to produce a T or F effect.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve, the OP, was right on the money. Gene Wilder, and his portrayal of Willy Wonka, are both ENTP. So much flair, charisma, and likeability combined with an eccentric imagination. These are trademark ENTP qualities.
    Mr. Crumbles
    INTJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Willy Wonka

my kids have been down with a bug the past couple of days and we've been overdosing on movies as they rest. right now, we're watching Willy Wonka. the older one with Gene Wilder.

whatcha think about this movie and characters?

Willy: IEI or EIE?
    Charlie: ?
    Grandpa Joe: ?
    Slugworth: ?
    Oompa Loompas: LSI?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Willy: ILE
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    that was one of my thoughts. thanks. so, that kind of imagination is ILE huh?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    that was one of my thoughts. thanks. so, that kind of imagination is ILE huh?
    it's beginning to gel.....

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It was really messed up when WW threw his hissy fit in the film - that scene perhaps makes him seem more tempermental and stern than he is in the book.

I think ENTp is likely based on how he is in the book.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    It was really messed up when WW threw his hissy fit in the film - that scene perhaps makes him seem more tempermental and stern than he is in the book.

I think ENTp is likely based on how he is in the book.
    i was going by the movie since we were just watching it. i haven't read the book since a kid. and i'm not a fiction reader, so, i didn't take it in well then.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i was going by the movie since we were just watching it. i haven't read the book since a kid. and i'm not a fiction reader, so, i didn't take it in well then.
    Well OK then - but Roald Dahl wasn't happy about the film, and it was probably because of that scene in particular.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Yes.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Well OK then - but Roald Dahl wasn't happy about the film, and it was probably because of that scene in particular.
    yeah, that kind of thing happens a lot when the rights to the movie leave the hands of the original author....

my husband writes screenplays and although he hasn't had one turned into a movie, yet, that's one aspect he has had to "let go of."

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMPILICIOUS

Come ladies and gents! See what socionics wonders you have been missing. Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka - now that's your ILE ENTp! What amazing wonders socionics can learn!!

And what will tomorrow bring? My crystal ball predicts, as it does so convincingly, ENTp type cast back onto myth - so unfortunately, every type become ENTp! So unfortunately, the laughing smiles hiding behind the curtains, rarely seen, much preferred.

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonka is ILE, polr Fi doesn't give a fuck about the kids he just wants an heir, seems like Ne lead working with possibilities for his products caring too much about the originality of such but not concerned with the monetary aspect and always wanting to bring joy to people even if it's corny (Fe). Conflict with his ESI dentist dad.
    Charlie - IEI, polr Te is convinced easily to sell the ticket at first lol
    Mike Teevee seems like a ISTP caricature. Too much of a know it all to be SLI imo. More concerned with the truth than facts too.
    Augustus SEI
    Veruca Salt yeah SEE Fi seems to fit
    Violet SLE-Ti, Annasophia Robb could be as well she VIs as the type
    Veruca's dad LIE, can't say no to his activator
    Charlie uncle, probably SLI
    Wilbur Wonka ESI played by an ESI