Thread: which type have you most enjoyed dancing with?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default which type have you most enjoyed dancing with?

up close or just having fun with..

IEE-ne are my dance partner to go out and dance with. I guess I enjoy watching the moves they make. I don't dance closely with them but it feels sort of intimate anyway.

I remember having a date with an ILI-ni and enjoyed dancing with him. (I am IEI-ni) This was more intimate. lol.

I can picture enjoying dancing with ILE-ne..

curious if anyone has a preference..
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 04-29-2023 at 09:19 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanna dance with somebody..

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't use socionics because Jung himself would have disapproved, and I also don't like going to dances anyway, but dancing itself feels pretty good, so, dancing with myself.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This gay bitchy twink SEI that wore horribly ugly shoes. He was a bitch that insulted me and other ppl alot under the guise of 'I can get away with it because I'm cute and gay'. @Asleesha We tried to date once and it was soooo awkward because we had no chemistry at all, but he was fun to dance with.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE ne (maybe ti too I don’t know) have this sort of floaty, jerky accidentally sexy thing going on. Lucky SEIs.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-20-2023 at 02:43 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm yet to dance with anybody.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack is the Muse of all Poets

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi creative
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Soapy Water View Post
    This gay bitchy twink SEI that wore horribly ugly shoes. He was a bitch that insulted me and other ppl alot under the guise of 'I can get away with it because I'm cute and gay'. @Asleesha We tried to date once and it was soooo awkward because we had no chemistry at all, but he was fun to dance with.
    @ashlesha !

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanyclaire View Post
    I just wanna dance with somebody..
    Yeah, I like dancing, but it seems young people don't like to dance anymore, lol. At least not where I live.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was his shoes THAT bad? I gotta see them
    Eat my ass

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie Soiree View Post
    Was his shoes THAT bad? I gotta see them
    Damn gurl it was a long a time ago but I think they looked something like this ((maybe they weren't that ugly but they were so bright it hurt your eyes and they were these ugly green color that made him look special needs when he was more of like a preppy normie type lol)):

he was kinda cute tho, kind of like a gay leprechaun. Like how I imagine @DEAD to be... they are both Irish.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn gurl it was a long a time ago but I think they looked something like this ((maybe they weren't that ugly but they were so bright it hurt your eyes and they were these ugly green color that made him look special needs when he was more of like a preppy normie type lol)):

he was kinda cute tho, kind of like a gay leprechaun. Like how I imagine @DEAD to be... they are both Irish.
    How does someone's dick get "wet" looking at that. I'm not into shoes but got damn. Those are worse than the buckle shoes pilgrims wore... wtf man. Lemon pepper steppers
    Eat my ass

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah...I feel so boring around Irish people.

Lol at the shoes

I remember fixating on someone’s shoes once..he was ESI..hot but cuddly..

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Yeah, I like dancing, but it seems young people don't like to dance anymore, lol. At least not where I live.
    I have to find the one place I like..and then some random other stuff. Some people seem to find one event they like..and then find others similar.

I always like dance scenes in movies too- period dramas with ball room dancing of barn dances or whatever you call them.

maybe country dancing, when it looks really wild and freeing and merry

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How does someone's dick get "wet" looking at that. I'm not into shoes but got damn. Those are worse than the buckle shoes pilgrims wore... wtf man. Lemon pepper steppers
    Yeah I mean he had a cute face. With a few changes, he would be quite 'fuckable' and a Lucky Charms magical treat lawl so he wasn't completely hideous or anything. And he was really an empathetic nice guy. But he insulted ppl too much 'trying to be funny' and that with the bad shoes is the reason he had relationship difficulties. Plus he also met too many ppl and kinda tried to be everybody's friend in a Fe way instead of focusing on relationships in a Fi way. We weren't that compatible to begin with though.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go to dance events quite often. It's social dancing, "ball room" I guess. They often play a mix of fox trot, rock, latin dances, like salsa and chacha, and a few walzes here and there during the evening. Sometimes there is a band, and sometimes there's a dj. The events are not all the same, I just follow on facebook were an event is coming up and then I go there. Many of these events have been going on for many years. Sometimes at a restaurant, sometimes in real dance place, sometimes in just some random place that the organizers could rent or outdoors. Some events are commercial, others just organized by a group of people on a hobby basis.

I can tell differences between the types, but it's almost impossible for me to say which type I enjoy dancing with the most. 3 weeks ago I danced with an SLE harmonizing sub woman, and it was really nice, we had a good flow and dancing chemistry. But other SLEs I've danced with have been horrible in the past. Often the women are too aggressive. I guess that's why I enjoyed this SLE because she was probably harmonizing.

Women often tell me that I have a soft touch when dancing, I lead with only small movements. I guess that is in line with my type.

Some Ni bases are scary good at following. I then feel that they are almost following too well, like I could do anything and they would still follow even in the wrong rhytm.

ILE can be good dancers and they learn all the details, but sometimes they are too critical. I've had nice experience with ILE-H women, they can be very playful on the dancefloor.

On Friday I was at an event and there was a blind woman who had come there (assisted by her assistant) to dance. I think she was SEI. She was mediocre, but I think it's brave of her to go dancing when blind. I danced with her many times, because some of the other guys are assholes and won't ask a blind woman to dance. Anyway, she's very nice.

EIE is probably the best dancer in general. I don't always enjoy dancing with them, because I feel that they predict too much what is happening, they also have a tendency to correct my mistakes too much, like if a certain movement is not entirely in accordance with the rhytm.

ILI can also be crazy good dancers.

LIIs can be good or bad. SEIs are nice to dance with if they have bothered learning the steps, otherwise not so much. LIE can be very good, but sometimes too much Si polr neurotism / overly critical of body sensations.

Anyway, all types can be nice to dance with. There are some tendencies, but they are not that strong.

I hope for many nice dance experiences this summer.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandparents ESE and SLI met at a ball. He went to the military, and upon returning, found her there again, and asked for her hand in marriage. How romantic.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Shut up. Those abominations are out of my price range. They look like the Caterpillar from A Bug's Life.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EPs>IPs. Ijs are unapproachable-looking and stiff and Ejs have no rhythm

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehh...those aren't that bad. You just have to have the eye for pairing them with the right outfit. You'd be surprised at the shit you can make look good by putting it with certain other things. It's kind of like Macklemore's song Thrift Shop. Taking Grandma's fashion and making it look good. These shoes are pretty difficult, though...if they were some other color and had green accents, they'd be easy if they just had green accents.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    and Ejs have no rhythm
    not even EIE?

I've met LIE and EIE who are very good with rhythm.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an Immortal EIE with a perfectly singular sense of rhythm !

Last edited by godslave; 05-26-2023 at 02:51 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sei be like

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally don't type people upon first meeting, though I can sometimes settle on a general feel. So I'm not going to be super helpful with answering this question, despite having done a small amount of social dancing.

Of the people I have typed, ESE stands out to me as being my favorite. They generally pay attention to my comfort and enjoyment and can be very encouraging (I am self-conscious in these environments). LSE second to that, for similar reasons, but they are not quite as... fun-making.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    On Friday I was at an event and there was a blind woman who had come there (assisted by her assistant) to dance. I think she was SEI. She was mediocre, but I think it's brave of her to go dancing when blind. I danced with her many times, because some of the other guys are assholes and won't ask a blind woman to dance. Anyway, she's very nice.
    You are a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I hope for many nice dance experiences this summer.
    I hope you have lots and lots and make very good memories!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I generally don't type people upon first meeting, though I can sometimes settle on a general feel. So I'm not going to be super helpful with answering this question, despite having done a small amount of social dancing.

Of the people I have typed, ESE stands out to me as being my favorite. They generally pay attention to my comfort and enjoyment and can be very encouraging (I am self-conscious in these environments). LSE second to that, for similar reasons, but they are not quite as... fun-making.

You are a gem.

I hope you have lots and lots and make very good memories!
    It's often democratic and accepting at these dance events. You dance with anybody, old and young, regardless of looks. The only thing that really bothers me is if the woman is drunk. But at the same time I always try to scan for some interesting people to get to know. On the other hand there are always people who know each other from before and form cliques - only dancing with each other. I try to scan for girls who are standing on the side, whom nobody is dancing with, not just because I want to be nice, but also because I see a possiblity to be able to get to know her without competition.

All these small observations and "games" are a part of what makes dancing enjoyable.

This was the second time I met this blind woman at the dance. She goes there quite often, I've heard. I think people are insecure how they ought to approach her. Like how do you get her attention. I know I was a bit insecure, the first time I met her I had to ask her if she really is blind, because I wasn't sure. Now I decided it was best to touch her gently on the arm when I asked her to dance, so that she knows I'm talking to her. But the dancing itself is no problem if the follower is blind. As long as you dance in close contact. Some other guys also danced with her, but not that many. I'm slowly starting to understand how difficult it must be for her. The whole social part of not knowing where people are, not being able to walk up to somebody and start a conversation or even say hi. I feel a bit bad about this now, I should have talked to her some more after the dance.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo what sort of dance do you do? is it a particular style like swing?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    @Tallmo what sort of dance do you do? is it a particular style like swing?
    They usually play many dances during the evening. I can dance waltz, foxtrot, finnish tango (same as foxtrot), some jive, some salsa, some chachacha. Plus some folk dances: mazurka, jenkka/ schottis.

Very common is a simplified version of jive.

It's not that advanced. I've learned the steps and some turns and moves. But I've practised quite a lot over the years.

There are events where people dance only swing, but I've never learned that.

(Jung on Si)