Thread: ESI 4w3 sp/sx career ideas

Default ESI 4w3 sp/sx career ideas

I'm a 20 year old guy and I need career ideas, I keep changing my mind and I don't know what to do. Give me some ideas, my subtype is probably se subtype and creative subtype

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly fuck careers start your own business online if you can even if it's just a side hustle Traditional jobs are becoming less and less appealing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's ideas and what you can actually do. I'm not saying you're not capable of anything, the world is oyster man, but some of these "cool" jobs are actual shit in hindsight. Poor working conditions, bad prospects, & taxing on the body and mind.

I like how you said career and not jobs but still. You'll need to work anyway to earn an income before you get the degree/certifications you want.

My best advice is that a career ideally is something you enjoy doing while getting paid, a job is something you have to do regardless.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any profession you can challenge the difficulties in it would be suitable for your Enneagram Subtypes
    Souls know their way back home

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    Honestly fuck careers start your own business online if you can even if it's just a side hustle Traditional jobs are becoming less and less appealing.
    I can count about a dozen SLI IEE combos who live self employed lives.

Some successful, some doing not much better than poverty level. That "tinkering hustle life"

"Yeah I do mechanical stuff, what-ja need?"

I jest, Im also a self employed contractor. And no I don't think this is my dyad. I've just seen it, a lot lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At OP.

Chase your dreams, kid. Even to the exclusion of everything else.

Charles Bukowski "if you are going to try, go all the way, otherwise don't even start".

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    I can count about a dozen SLI IEE combos who live self employed lives.

Some successful, some doing not much better than poverty level. That "tinkering hustle life"

"Yeah I do mechanical stuff, what-ja need?"

I jest, Im also a self employed contractor. And no I don't think this is my dyad. I've just seen it, a lot lol.
    Yeah I can totally see that, problem is most buisnesses fail theres that initial risk involoved but I definitely see online entrepreneurs on the rise in 2023.I think people are just sick of a moronic boss telling them what to do.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I can totally see that, problem is most buisnesses fail theres that initial risk involoved
    Absolutely. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sometimes its about knowing what there is to gain that makes the venture worth it. You got to do a proper risk assessment.

How are you going to mitigate those risks? What are you going to do if x,y,z? happens? And finding out what x,y,z in the merger of Ne + Te is all about brain storming, so this speaks to one of IEE greatest strengths im the dyad and its something that always impresses me about them. Once you make the choice, hit and hit it hard. I can respect that.

Not every business needs to fail and usually there are reasons they do and its not just because ideas are bad ideas. Sometimes its about execution. Its in execution that SLI brings his/her strengths to the dyad.

And then there is the little matter of follow through... the Ep/Ip kryptonite. But if they can develop discipline in the dailys they can go far.

So not to totally commandeer this thread with this idea, I should say that IEE and SLI are known as the frontiersmen. People who have cast of the larger society for their own vision of what can and could and should be done in life. You get a lot of pioneer type people. Artisans mixed with craftsmen inventor types. "Why pay for something you can do yourself?"

but I definitely see online entrepreneurs on the rise in 2023.
    I think its been on the rise for a long time, but I also think its a bit of a... actually I won't talk about it out of respect. Let's just say its not as easy money as a tic toc video claims. You have to put in the work.

I think people are just sick of a moronic boss telling them what to do.
    Is this a new thing though? I don't think so. I'm a millennial, my thoughts on the matter are centralist. I don't think you should be payed well for a half ass effort and I think adjusting expectations is a part of growing up. On the other hand, I think gen z could also have something useful to say about the structure of the work place, and since they are the one's inheriting the future, why not make it into their image, in whatever form that takes? If you want to get young people engage in industry, then change the way the industry operates. Its not rocket science.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a type based career...

Something that allows you to help people with their inner emotions, their thoughts, and their relationships with others (platonic, romantic, any kind), using psychological mapping and mentally placing yourself into people's shoes (Fi), while still giving them space for individual differences (Gamma). Then, inspiring/motivating them to grow from that place (Se).

Psychology. It's got Fi-Se all over it.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sometimes its about knowing what there is to gain that makes the venture worth it. You got to do a proper risk assessment.

How are you going to mitigate those risks? What are you going to do if x,y,z? happens? And finding out what x,y,z in the merger of Ne + Te is all about brain storming, so this speaks to one of IEE greatest strengths im the dyad and its something that always impresses me about them. Once you make the choice, hit and hit it hard. I can respect that.

Not every business needs to fail and usually there are reasons they do and its not just because ideas are bad ideas. Sometimes its about execution. Its in execution that SLI brings his/her strengths to the dyad.

And then there is the little matter of follow through... the Ep/Ip kryptonite. But if they can develop discipline in the dailys they can go far.

So not to totally commandeer this thread with this idea, I should say that IEE and SLI are known as the frontiersmen. People who have cast of the larger society for their own vision of what can and could and should be done in life. You get a lot of pioneer type people. Artisans mixed with craftsmen inventor types. "Why pay for something you can do yourself?"
    Funny thing is I'm doing a music/band project with an IEE and he comes up with cool ideas and I tend to follow up on those ideas and make them come to life in some way. I seem to be motivated by an end goal or vision that looks practical and attainable.

I think its been on the rise for a long time, but I also think its a bit of a... actually I won't talk about it out of respect. Let's just say its not as easy money as a tic toc video claims. You have to put in the work.

Is this a new thing though? I don't think so. I'm a millennial, my thoughts on the matter are centralist. I don't think you should be payed well for a half ass effort and I think adjusting expectations is a part of growing up. On the other hand, I think gen z could also have something useful to say about the structure of the work place, and since they are the one's inheriting the future, why not make it into their image, in whatever form that takes? If you want to get young people engage in industry, then change the way the industry operates. Its not rocket science.
    Yeah I'm glad more people are waking up and becoming entrepreneurs the world definitely needs more of it. My experience working for big corporations is that it's demoralizing depressing and abusive. We should be at a point technologically where a lot of barriers for basic necessities will go away. I think I rather make 40k working on my own than 80k for a big company.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is I'm doing a music/band project with an IEE and he comes up with cool ideas and I tend to follow up on those ideas and make them come to life in some way. I seem to be motivated by an end goal or vision that looks practical and attainable.

Yeah I'm glad more people are waking up and becoming entrepreneurs the world definitely needs more of it. My experience working for big corporations is that it's demoralizing depressing and abusive. We should be at a point technologically where a lot of barriers for basic necessities will go away. I think I rather make 40k working on my own than 80k for a big company.
    It depends on the goals and what one wants. Self employment has its own lost of cons. You will need to pay both employer and employee deductions, for one. And have your own health insurance. You also need to contribute to your own retirement, and keep yourself healthy. In short, it's way more difficult and expense to be self employed.