Thread: Freud's essay explaining informational ring and spontaneous realization

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Freud's essay explaining informational ring and spontaneous realization

I have read an essay written by Freud which seems to explain, quite obviously, the meaning behind "spontaneous realization" as well as the concept of "informational rings".

It involves the conflict between the pleasure/pain principle and the ego's interaction with the environment(introvert must solve outer world problems, extravert must solve inner problems). The Ego contains its active side, the program, which is the most pleased and stimulated function. The Program function is competing with the role function, and must used to "creative" second function as a means towards overcoming this conflict creatively by appeasing the wishes of the first function. Once this occurs the "role" is set and established, although dominated by the first and second. It is conquered. So the ring, from there may continue down a path towards self actualization. But since the third is weak, it cannot really gain enough confidence to give a strong signal/stimulation to the 4th, and leads to "diffidence". The second function also seems to be supporting the creativie efforts of the 3rd, and if energy is taken away from this function, well, then you lose control over the 3rd and the very act is rendered a diffidence.

But this explains why, for example, an ENTp will need "justification" to "lead", whereas an INTj has a strong sense of "justice" due to their rationalized ethics.

Basically, it is the Ego functions attempting to justify themselves to the Super-Ego. This further structuralizes Freud's theory.

So you have a ring: =>Program/pleasure=>Creative/Pain=>Role/pleasure=>Diffidence/Pain=>

The similarity to Maslow's hierarchy of needs is also apparent although indirect(self actualization rests at the end of the line, each creative act is self actualizing). You have a gaining of information, some people are bigger "acceptors" than they are "producers"... We all know who is more likely to make it in this world- the ones that dont sit in front of the TV all day.

The faster this ring oscillates, the greater the likelihood towards self actualization.

So with this information in mind, I think it is clear that the puzzle is nearly solved.

When thinking in terms of pleasure and pain we can have a better understanding of intertype relationships, since we have a more descriptive basis of understanding. So the creative function is somewhat painful, since it involves using energy, but it is also strong, so once you get it moving you begin to realize that the pain is easy to overcome.

Really though, there is no coincidence here, this is definitely a link that I have found between Freud and Socionics.

If you are curious the essay was written by Freud in 1911 and is entitled "Two Principles in Mental Functioning".

It seems obvious, but if you have thought this before you can stick with that thought because it seems to be right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems to support my theory that the thrid function is blocked out by the first function b/c they are in the same part of the brain (and you have to choose one over the other). Also, that your second and fourth functions are in the "optionary" brain, with the ability to use your second function well.

ENTP

Left||Right
    | Fe || Ne | Front
    | Te || Se | Brain

| Ti || Si | Back
    | Fi || Ni | Brain

Dominant
    Creative
    Dual-Seeking
    Hidden Agenda

ENTP= front and right brain dominant, back and left brain creative.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, its weird. I randomly was skimming through a Freud book today while at the park and found a short essay. If i wasn't as focused I could very well have not even made the connection. It's a big part of his theory but freud is something you have to read ALOT of to really fully get, since it all intertwines and is a tad eccentric.

It is interesting now how everything just fits together so well. The ideas behind the structure of the mind, and the structure of the theory. Truly amazing what a trained eye could uncover a hundred years back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, @ Rocky, check the 16types main page for these if you haven't already:

Active will
    Authority
    Phobia
    Neuroses

They relate to the functions and you might find them useful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to add a little bit about distance aspects. The "negativity" associated with producing aspects is probably due to the cloudiness caused by the power of the first function, as well as the sense of hopelessness that can be attributed to very daunting creative acts.

Not only this, but the program function/active will in many ways probably don't really want to create at all since it involves effort. The very act of creating is competing with the desire to live a pleasing lifestyle. Once the "reality principle" kicks in when the person matures, if it does at all, a person will be motivated to create more and more, and each creative act will be more positive, I assume.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

active will - the first and fifth functions
    authority - the second and sixth functions
    neurosis - the third and seventh functions
    phobia - the fourth and eighth functions

... so if I try to use this, then the active will are the functions you can easily use on your dominant brain and your neurosis functions are the ones overshadowed by the active will.

Then your authority functions are the stronger ones in your optional brain with your phobia being covered up by those.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.