Thread: Can I be ESFP in MBTI and SEI in socionics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Can I be ESFP in MBTI and SEI in socionics?

I have been typed as ESFP in MBTI and I'm pretty sure it fits me. However, the type SEE in socionics doesn't seem to fit me that much, since someone told me they tend not to worry much about the future and plan ahead, which is something I do. So I was typed as SEI, though I'm still not completely sure. Is this possible or one of them is wrong?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Idk anything is possible lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No , you can't

I've seen some say ESFP SEI is possible, but I don't think it's , I mean , just read SEI description and you can notice contradictions between it and between ESFP , some examples :

Ne as Suggestive function :
    SEIs may demonstrate stagnant or reserved lifestyles. Many SEIs are disinclined to spontaneous action, travel, or readily adopting new interests. They may go through life quietly, dutifully, and comfortably, feeling as though there are no truly novel pursuits for them to seek.
    This is totally the opposite of what extraverted perceiving function in MBTI and even Jung , Se hero are interested in trying new things and they do this automatically without needing for someone to push and encourage them to this, while SEIs need

Te as PoLR function : SEIs may have difficulty adapting themselves to tasks in which they are expected to make judgments about the efficiency or effectiveness of a process, or tasks requiring them to evaluate or assimilate a large amount of factual information. They are prone to be uninterested in synthesizing the productive, technical, or methodological details of a situation, instead preferring to focus on their own experience and the emotional environment around them. They may see individuals who are highly attuned to processing and disseminating factual information dry, harsh, or inconsiderate. They may be skeptical and hesitant if proactively engaged or asked for feedback, particularly if the project does not relate to their personal knowledge or experience. They are equally inclined to be skeptical of others' claims of knowledge or expertise if not derived from direct personal experience, but from other sources such as books and the like.

SEIs are often highly disinclined to engage in productive tasks, and may be inclined to react to "responsible" individuals or environments as overly somber, cold, or dull. They often see the hustle and bustle of working concerns to be insignificant, preferring to focus on their own comfort and friendships.
    This also contradicts ESFPs Te child , they seek to prove themselves by being productive and efficient and able to deal with data , this description would suit ISFPs more

If we considered the idea that Socionics and MBTI are two completely different systems and the type can differ between the two, ESE would be much more suitable than SEI

If we are going to consider the two systems the same thing, I recommend reading SEE's DCNH descriptions and excluding being Enneagram 3
    Souls know their way back home

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESFP is SEE. only

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both MBTI and Socionics are interpretations of Jung's theory on personality types. Hence, it's very hard to say that you have different types in the two systems. This is an ideology issue. It's like that when you are studying math, you cannot say that you prefer both Dedekind cut and Cantor's theorem. Both are interpretations of the real numbers but if you are giving a course in mathematical analysis, you have to decide which one you will choose for your course. The difference is that both Dedekind Cut and Cantor's are correct. In the Jungian typology thing, this property doesn't hold. If you believe that Socionics is the correct interpretation of Jung's text, then MBTI is incorrect. I personally believe that Model A is the best interpretation of Jung, and it's also the best supplementary material for one to learn Jung.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    This is an ideology issue.
    Not MBTI itself, but a manual given with it contains evident mistake about functions of introverted types. It's not just another view, it's wrong view.
    Some Augustinavichiute ideas have baseless contradiction to Jung too. Reinin traits, productive/acceptive functions, weakest function, parts in descrptions in 8 variants of functions, etc.

The good is in _some_ useful additions in both approaches to same typology. MBTI developers has added J/P. Socionics - complementary functions.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you're ESE. You seem to have weak valued Ti
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I be ESFP in MBTI and SEI in socionics?
    Both are abstract representations for identifying personality, based on Jungian archetypes/analytical-psychology. So depending on how you view/understand/interpret them, you can and you can't.

Or do you mean practically and logically, given that they are essentially interpretations of the same core Jungian personality archetypes? If so, then no you can't be two oppositional archetypes at once. At least not practically and logically. Of course you may argue that you are different archetypes at different times, which is or can be perfectly valid. But people like this usually aren't considered "differentiated" or, perhaps more practically speaking, stable.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So the infamous SF club compartment

When a group consists of members of this club, but without either of the two quadras having greater weight, its interactions are likely to be based on enjoying conversations over their families and personal relationships, artistic and sensorial interests such as cooking, gossip, and group social activities such as parties, dancing, travels and sportive activities. It's the stereotypical "women's group", although obviously such clubs formed only of men also exist, with common activities and interests usually focused around sports or, depending on the age structure, partying, clubbing and the like.
    This kind of group behavior, though, in terms of seeing a club as any kind of unit, is visible only as long as the group is held together by, and focuses on, discussions and activities of their common interests. Longer and deeper interactions make such a club visibly "split" into the two quadras, Alpha and Gamma.

I'd say this is the realm of interest for both.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesnt seem too implausible to me. Si in socionics is more similar to Se in mBTI than is Se. although the SI subtype is a stretch. maybe Fe subtype. Fe is also like Fi in MBTI more than Fi is. mbti Fi is ethics of emotions just like socionics Fe. or you could be ESE-si.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends who you ask.

‘Diagnostics’, in socionincs, similar to psychiatry, is like a art. And you’ll find people disagreeing in both.

personally, I think since there is no way to prove a person is X type, then one cannot say a person can be one type in one system and another in another system.

ENTp is the dual for SEI, and ILI is the dual of SEE. Which do you think you are more compatible with?

imo you’re best off to pick a system and stick with it or it can get confusing real quick.
    Last edited by Aster; 03-27-2023 at 10:16 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎