Thread: How do I learn to value myself unconditionally?

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do I learn to value myself unconditionally?

I genuinely don't care about securing a future for myself, taking care of my health, or doing anything positive for myself if it's not a means of eventually getting a woman's approval. I'm like the worst case of codependency and E9ness imaginable. I have zero self-respect and think of myself as this annoying stranger that I desperately want to escape from

Recently an attractive woman that I was involved with completely disrespected me due to my perceived financial status and revealed herself to be a terrible person, and yet I continue to follow her on social media and like her photos because I feel validated by the fact that this superior being was infatuated with me for a brief moment
    Last edited by Averroes; 03-13-2023 at 12:11 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Women only tend to value males who value themselves and their own opinions over that of females, and pretty much everybody else that's not himself. So yeah if woman's approval is what you seek you are going about it backwards anyway.

I don't have a good answer to this, as I'm a big believer in genetics and born this way-isms, not just with the gay thing but with pretty much everything. Everybody else wants other people to change but can't change themselves. If we want to make the world a better place, we have to look at ourselves and make the change. Hehe. Sing it, IEI Michael Jackson.

I learned something interesting about my dad today. I sorta had previously viewed him more as a beta male cuck compared to other guys but in truth my mom told me he stood up to her all the time and told her that he was the boss and she was turned on by that LMAO and didn't overly people please her. My dad was a Chad.

It's not about being too harsh or overly disrespectful of women, because that's insecure bullying and two sides of the same coin as the 'Nice Guy' - sure some masochistic women will be unhealthily into that but I don't think either heterosexual wants that long-term - it's just valuing your opinion and final say over everybody else's. I'm sure you can think of some situations in life where you did this naturally without even trying. Maybe just build on that idk.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are common problems for Enneagram 9: forgetting oneself, and looking for love outside of oneself

Always remember that no one will give you the love you are looking for unless you start loving yourself first

Start writing down every good thing you did today or in the past even if it is trivial or insignificant in your opinion , and be sure to reward yourself for it ( for example: go out and buy something delicious as a reward ).

That's what I have right now

If I remember any other ideas I will write them later
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a dog!

Also, it might be good practice to splurge on yourself. If your financial situation isn't dire, take a day to indulge in complete hedonism. Go out to a place you like to eat, do what you like to do, maybe buy yourself some nice alcohol. If you feel guilt, shoot it down. "This is what I've decided to do. Who is this who's decided to judge me? On what ground? This is my life to live as I please!" Then try to carry that mindset forward into the future, even when you aren't splurging your money. Maybe you can do something like this once a month or something. It'll even help you have something to ground yourself with if you ever catch yourself caring about a woman's opinion -- "why am I caring about a woman's opinion, of all things??"
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 03-13-2023 at 03:42 AM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    I genuinely don't care about securing a future for myself, taking care of my health, or doing anything positive for myself if it's not a means of eventually getting a woman's approval. I'm like the worst case of codependency and E9ness imaginable. I have zero self-respect and think of myself as this annoying stranger that I desperately want to escape from

Recently an attractive woman that I was involved with completely disrespected me due to my perceived financial status and revealed herself to be a terrible person, and yet I continue to follow her on social media and like her photos because I feel validated by the fact that this superior being was infatuated with me for a brief moment
    I don't want to sound like a Freudian but why do you think you behave that way ?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ngl, some of the advice in this thread is also helping me a bit, so thank you all

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I don't want to sound like a Freudian but why do you think you behave that way ?
    Biology and a belief that I’m worthless as a man if women don’t find me attractive. I could be rich, talented and praised for other reasons and it wouldn't matter to me. I’ve never looked at a frumpy, middle aged billionaire or executive and thought “wow, what an inspiration. That’s who I want to be”
    Last edited by Averroes; 03-13-2023 at 01:01 PM.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you want to escape from yourself > u have taken on how other females treat you
    u also prolly repulse them by acting like soemone who they should need to escape from which validates ur self image and u keep doing this
    maybe u dont love urself but u dont love anyone else too
    you are chasing them because you feel like u have to or desire but not love and understanding
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    you want to escape from yourself > u have taken on how other females treat you
    u also prolly repulse them by acting like soemone who they should need to escape from which validates ur self image and u keep doing this
    maybe u dont love urself but u dont love anyone else too
    you are chasing them because you feel like u have to or desire but not love and understanding
    This is good advice in principle, but I see so many narcissistic, chauvinistic men who are successful for superficial reasons. Who knows what they’d be like if women weren’t attracted to them. I’d feel like I’d get further by having a six pack or getting plastic surgery
    Last edited by Averroes; 03-13-2023 at 01:37 PM.

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is good advice in principle, but I see so many narcissistic, chauvinistic men who are successful for superficial reasons. I’d feel like I’d get further by having a six pack or getting plastic surgery
    the women they are successful with are also superficial or stupid its not love. inferior men like them get inferior women (hypothetically if the woman isnt just temporarily stupid and learns better).

by the way i dont believe someone should be valued unconditionally like if they are remorseless in UNFAIR attrocities they commit without intent to improve or change they should be attrocified too, and a lot of ppl who claim they want to improve dont MEAN it.

I want to care

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treat yourself with respect, and fake it until you make it.
    It's all about giving positive self treatment for a long time. Make yourself belief everything you want to believe. Repeat to yourself all the amazing things about you.
    Make a list of all the things you are grateful for, and all the things you value in yourself (30 items minimum) and then put it on a place you can see often.
    Also select a few positive affirmations and repeat them as often as possible.
    In my case for example, I always repeat to myself "I'm perfect, complete, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious, and happy".
    Set some attainable goals for yourself and accomplish them. Then increase the difficulty.
    You'll feel and appear better, more appealing, more confident over time doing all this.

Also what works for me is having moments in my day to focus on "developing" my inferior function (which is the one who makes you feel most lacking in life if repressed)
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the women they are successful with are also superficial or stupid its not love. inferior men like them get inferior women (hypothetically if the woman isnt just temporarily stupid and learns better).

by the way i dont believe someone should be valued unconditionally like if they are remorseless in UNFAIR attrocities they commit without intent to improve or change they should be attrocified too, and a lot of ppl who claim they want to improve dont MEAN it.
    that still doesn’t make me feel better about my situation. I’m shallow and want to be successful by my own shallow metrics that I might not be able to live up to. How do I unlearn that?

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that still doesn’t make me feel better about my situation. I’m shallow and want to be successful by my own shallow metrics
    then u cant value urself unconditionally bc u are conditioning it

I want to care

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then u cant value urself unconditionally bc u are conditioning it

I guess it’s just a conscious choice that I can make for no other reason than to not be miserable. There’s no inherent reason why I should love myself, I don’t have to, but it makes life more bearable.

I have empathy for others and love my parents but it's hard for me to extend that to myself
    Last edited by Averroes; 03-13-2023 at 04:46 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> I have zero self-respect

It's impossibly. Something you like or think acceptable in your traits and actions.

If you'll do more of what you think as positive or pleasant - the better you'll think about yourself. Much of this relates to communication and cooperation with other people. Try improve with who and how you do this.

Try to do more of new in life.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That’s really a hard one
    Have you checked your attachment style
    You can do a free test online to see if it’s something from your childhood that you are dealing with. An insecure attachment style might be at the root of the problem.

Also, keep in mind some truths of good relationships
    Someone who cares about you wants the best for you. So use that as your compass and find some good people who will be a good friend
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not even sure that u have to really like urself, just pretend that u do. It's called CONfidence for a reason. ur conning people but it's still benefiting you lol. U con ppl, tease and charm them, act like an arrogant and manipulative charming dark triad alpha male and they like u. inside u can still be the real u.

but I'm kinda just talking shit, like I said I have compassion for this kind of thing cuz I think a lot of it is just genetic, it's so easy for arrogant males to be arrogant & sexually attractive to females because they have the arrogant gene. It's a lot more complicated than just liking urself, they "blue-pill" males by telling us that but there's more to the story. A lot of conservative str8 woman like trump for example and deep down he says he was disgusted by his own body - but they like the showboating and the over the top confident persona. But I mean I've probably manipulated ppl/got them to like me more by being CONfident too. I kinda hate it though, I wish we lived in a world where people could just be shy and awkward and real.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    What's his type?
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    What's his type?
    LSI sp/sx
    Last edited by persimmonism; 03-18-2023 at 05:08 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that still doesn’t make me feel better about my situation. I’m shallow and want to be successful by my own shallow metrics that I might not be able to live up to. How do I unlearn that?
    Why is it necessary to unlearn that? Why not just embrace it instead of fighting it?

I know you wont answer, given in all the years I've responded you have never answered. But I wanted to point out anyway because I'm can't help myself.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Why is it necessary to unlearn that? Why not just embrace it instead of fighting it?

I know you wont answer, given in all the years I've responded you have never answered. But I wanted to point out anyway because I'm can't help myself.
    It's not serving me and I can't win. I'd be happier if I had more modest ambitions/desires

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i am not disciplined around food. but I am slightly more disciplined when around people whose opinions I care about. (watched the vid..first part)
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 03-16-2023 at 03:10 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Averroes I like to look back at life in terms of chunks or 'years', and think about things I achieved within a few years. You may have changed more than you think(?) Or maybe it's only just starting but it does take a few years for change to happen- think of it like doing a degree in self-development lol

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In any sort of sexual/relationship you're going to be emotionally compromised in some way or the other, leading to seemingly non-self respecting behaviour.

I would say you just need to learn to make better choices (choose better women) in terms of where to risk being compromised.

So if she is definitely going to turn you into a toxic weirdo, avoid her.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    he speaks my language. It’s nice to hear a perspective like this from someone who isn’t “red pilled”

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know how to answer that… except that it has to come from within I suppose. My rationalization was if I were really good enough reality would mirror that or provide some sort of evidence for that. But as for treating yourself well and setting boundaries you need (in this case, perhaps unfollowing her so that that wound doesn’t get exposed again and again)… well, why should you NOT do it? For me, I thought I didn’t deserve it… I couldnt say exactly why

but yeah to put it briefly that desire has to come from within. Also (I’m not saying this is the case for you) when bullying or abuse is involved it makes it even harder, bc ppl can be conditioned to believe they deserve that kind of treatment. But in moments of lucidity that doesn’t make sense to me.

radical acceptance is something else you might want to look into. I would say just go ahead and try to ‘treat yourself kindly’ and see how that feels.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accept that you are shit and be cool with it. Not a big deal. Then you can start from there.

I think you begin to do that already.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Telling yourself you are great” kind of tricks would not work well on him I guess, since he already knows what he is.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude you are so pathetic.

Not even in a red pill sort of way. Just a Weiner.

Plus I think you say the opposite of what you really feel.

Ugh why Am I wasting my breath anyway.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are really being dismissed over your financial status alone then you are simply dealing with shit people that aren't worth chasing after, gender is irrelevant. If you truly believe these traits about yourself are innate then your best bet is to try learn to appreciate and develop a taste for less narcissistic personalities.