Thread: Cold hearted

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Cold hearted

Which type would appear cold hearted to an Estj?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it can be any type, especially their dual
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTR

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose I can see ILI/ILE/IEE/IEI as cold-hearted, types that are similar enough to me that it feels offensive when their behaviour bothers me..must be to do with being N plus P, a different type of idealism?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Conflictor. When ur Ni polr, an IEI's fucked up dark macabre fantasy is all too real. U don't see their compassion or heart, just their perversions. But it's not about who is right or who is wrong. It's about pow- nevermind I'm bored and won't Buffy Season 7 this.

Tbf, it's disgusting and sick when some IEIs act out on some things but still claim 'it's just fantasy' Yeah right, can't use that excuse anymore can u- u fucked up little Dahmer. Go get em LSE judges!!!! If ur 4D Ni, u should probably suck it up and accept ur thoughts are other people's reality even if it's not fair and it doesn't work in reverse if they also don't have 4D Ni.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Which type would appear cold hearted to an Estj?
    Someone judgemental with ignoring Fi probably. They'd probably see someone as EIE cold hearted, not cold-blooded since they are expressive with emotions, but cold-hearted in the sense they ignore Fi and are generally unwilling to Si, if that makes sense.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A boring answer perhaps but yes, Beta NFs. LSEs especially want stable, sincere relationships whereas Beta NFs are inclined to act fickle and play games, which the LSE is likely to perceive as betrayal.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When LSE have annoyed me, it’s more that I’ve found them petty/vindictive. Usually I ignore, but if you’re trapped, uh.. ignore, start again..

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is very hard perspective to take. If you ask me I might say appearance wise meaning first impression it is contra type or mirage type but then I have to ask why is that so and it is due to contrarian ethics. Would contrarian logic cause that perception? Anyways it means that ignoring is in the position of cold evaluation. So in terms of analysis vs action do we experience coldness in terms of heart if we take position of logic base? I have to revert back to the meaning.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    CS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEI

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

not about IR

any T is emotionally cold. especially base T
    introvertion makes more restrained
    LSI, LII - the "coolest" ones

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    not about IR

any T is emotionally cold. especially base T
    introvertion makes more restrained
    LSI, LII - the "coolest" ones
    I would think that though LSI may appear cold that they are aware of Fi and notice when people around them are crying and hug them or console them.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure...

I feel like Te leads are more likely to be frustrated or irate than find someone "cold hearted" although of course it doesn't mean it's impossible.

The primary function is intimately connected with one's sense of self and self-worth, so it makes sense to have a strong or "trigger" reaction to it. Fi leads, for example, can take something quite personally or "to heart" and we learn over time to be careful in jumping to that conclusion - well I guess I feel more comfortable speaking for EII...
    Te leads, in my experience (I have two Gamma NTs in my family - my brother and my father), become frustrated at the "stupidity" or folly, foolishness, whatever they see it as. More so my brother (LIE), while ILI is usually pretty calm but sometimes can make what probably comes across to Fe types as critical or brash comments. Anyways - my brother tends to become quite irate when his lead function output is completely ignored, misunderstood, brushed off or not 'validated.' On the surface, it doesn't necessarily seem like he is taking it "personally," but I see that anger arising from a personal, more sensitive core (Fi).

So yeah, they can become more "arrogant" or haughty sounding, may complain about "stupidity" of others, and become frustrated. I am not really close to LSEs though, but I imagine it is true to some degree for them too.

However, deep down, I think Te leads, once they calm down can be open to understanding the other person (while still holding on to their "logical" stance) and be more sensitive than these reactions might necessarily indicate.

I don't tend to pay as much attention to "tone" as Fe types, but I get when you are Te devaluing and confronted with someone with that "tone" it can be a bit grating.
    Last edited by necrosebud; 03-31-2023 at 03:24 AM.