Thread: "Jeder Affekt ist über jede aufgezwungene Vernunft erhaben." ~ Nietzsche

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question "Jeder Affekt ist über jede aufgezwungene Vernunft erhaben." ~ Nietzsche

Indeed, "Every affect is above any imposed reason." was a powerful idea in F. Nietzsche's philosophy. He subjugated reason to the sentimental interpretation of the reality. "My feelings are more important than your bold reasoning".

This idea, although at times good, is very dangerous and obscurantist. It can easily degenerate every system. Let's take as an example the education: those teachers who read Nietzsche, and are persuaded by this idea, most likely feelers with an humanitarian orientation (for example, EIEs, like himself), will focus on abstract interpretations of the self instead of focusing on a gnoseological teaching approach (a critical examination of what we are learning, reason being placed on the top of the pyramid).

This doesn't mean that teaching should be a cold, robotic and boring "place", but that feelings should never lead reason there in particular. Because understanding one's feeling implies the usage of reason in the first place, so you can set boundaries between the plausible and the delusion. Because when you simply accept with the premise of "that's how he feels" the fact that a 10-15 year old children told you that he feels that he's a girl while being a boy, or vice versa, that leads to a 40% attempted-suicide rate and high depression rates (a study from 2016 from "The Lancet" indicates 62% clinical depression patients among transgender people vs 4,9% in general people). Is this a real choice of an imposition of the metaphysical idea of "whatever you feel, is the truth".

Or when you make your students to play games, to be inclusive, to be dreamy and place them in a fairy tail, that leads to almost the highest rates of youth depression and suicide in all Europe (Finland).

And you may be thinking "But, all those results have more causes!". And you're not wrong. But only a fool will ignore what was exposed on the text before. We need to look at the roots of the problem.

Subjugating reason to feelings and understanding the world that way, will lead you to failure when the real world and reality hits you hard. Taking all statements of "that's how he feels" as right and valid will not create a risk perception and anticipation in you.

At this point, a thought might be wondering in your mind: "But if we talk from the Socionics POV, there are personality types which have Feeling as their EGO and that means that reason is subjugated to feeling".

This is a very nice thought. But let's make things clear: just as every cognitive function (or informational element, call it as you like) accomplishes a particular "function" (redundantly), each personality type will perform better in X or Y orientation.

In the social-communicative field or humanitarian-artistic field, you CAN'T subjugate feelings to reason, or you will end up in even worse results than the above mentioned. How would you "feel" if we had to stop social interactions and start interacting with people via social media, only chatting? Or how would you "feel" when no boundaries were set, for example, when it comes to the working conditions?(watch "Modern Times" movie).
    Socionics is a tool that, among other things, helps us to understand how society shall be managed, and orientates us to know the places in society in which we perform the best. The objective is the balance between reason, logic and critical thinking, and feelings: to understand one's self and to have ethics: with the leading of one or another (reason or feeling) depending on the field of work and study. Not only in the individual (depending on the EGO), but in the field itself.

Every field of work/study/knowledge should have clearly set its approach. And from there, with that leading approach must collaborate the other approaches. Only then the balance will be accomplished and no major problems shall take place.

Before ending, just in case you came here to discuss Nietzsche's type, I'll just quote a few things here. And from the Model G approach you will be able to build and conclude with his type:EIE - Normalizing subtype.

"Nietzsche was a highly influential writer, and his writing style is often characterized by its poetic and provocative nature. His works are full of metaphors, striking images, and wordplay that often defy direct interpretation. (...) Nietzsche often used exaggeration and provocation to challenge conventional ideas and capture the attention of his readers"
    " (...) These slogans or maxims were often provocative and designed to challenge the reader's assumptions and beliefs. Nietzsche believed that the use of aphorisms allowed him to express complex ideas in a way that was accessible to a wider audience, and also allowed him to capture the reader's attention and provoke their thoughts. "
    " In a nutshell, Nietzsche wrote about a wide range of philosophical, cultural, and social issues, including the nature of truth, morality, religion, the will to power, and the human condition. (...) He argued that the highest human goal was the affirmation of life, and that this required the development of the individual will and the overcoming of all obstacles to personal growth and self-realization. "

IMPORTANT NOTE: When I'm talking about Socionics, I mainly refer to the Model G approach.

this is a brief post, sharing some thoughts. The ideas in this post are very primitive. A more detailed post is needed to go more in depth in the topic.
    Last edited by Reaktor; 02-15-2023 at 11:16 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My solitude doesn’t depend on the presence or absence of people; on the contrary, I hate who steals my solitude without, in exchange, offering me true company.

Nietzsche was an introvert
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking LugiaForce's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    My solitude doesn’t depend on the presence or absence of people; on the contrary, I hate who steals my solitude without, in exchange, offering me true company.

Nietzsche was an introvert
    Agreed, very string like and conceptual, transformative, immersive. His Zarathustra is about self empowerment and higher belief in transcendent big picture themes aimed at insight and extreme reflection.
    Systems master Wes came to completely understand Marius Florin, stars reflecting infinite gold and glow to avatars flutter pens timer clockwork psychic questing polarizing Zen Milky Way cafe climax fountains animating ocean druids collecting battle tower fusion raiment installing peace and remedies to journals of essence and yarn to danger wishing sandstorm buffet
    Kobe = Philosopher King
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Alive and @PikaSciFiSagas

Discussing Nietzsche's type is really interesting. It's very clear his ideological apporach is very Beta-Quadra like. He's clearly Ascending over Descending. You could make a detailed post analizing each dychotomy. Someday when you're bored or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"When I'm talking about Socionics, I mainly refer to the Model G approach"

"model G" is not Socionics. you are not talking about Socionics when refer to model G

for Gulenko's astrology exists Viewpoints section

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    "When I'm talking about Socionics, I mainly refer to the Model G approach"

"model G" is not Socionics. you are not talking about Socionics when refer to model G

for Gulenko's astrology exists Viewpoints section
    Why don't you stop crying and getting jealous reading every one of my posts and make a well written post expounding every point and argument as to why Model G is not socionics.