Thread: Body shaming

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe keep track of what you are eating throughout your day for a couple of weeks. We are often a bit ignorant to how much we exactly eat.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Joe Rogan also has something to add to this thread as this article discusses.

Philip DeFranco also discusses Joe Rogan's claims about obesity, as well as Dr. Fatima Cody Stanford's claims, in the first 5 minutes of this video:

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Eating isn't fun for you?
    It's just not a priority for me, so I can forget to eat very easily.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fjoerd View Post
    Same. Eating has always been a chore. I'm over 30 but I'm still around 130 lbs. "Luckily," I'm also shorter than an average male and I can at least find slim clothes in the women section and pick stuff that are more unisex in style, lol.
    My brother is around 5'6, slim, and has the same problem. Even size small doesn't really fit him, as most clothes nowadays are designed around overweight people. For this reason he doesn't like shopping for clothes at all. I also dislike shopping so I mainly order them online but at least I don't have the problem of clothes not fitting me

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could have had way worse weight gain. Look up Zyprexa/olanzapine weight gain, for those that want to see how bad people have gained weight from this med. I read that it can cause on average a ten lbs weight gain, and still thought, ‘not me.’ Well, it’s real. My doc said he knew people that had gained 60lbs in 2 months. I gained 10lbs in 2 months. The other 10lbs was from other similar meds. I went from 115 to 135lbs and now I’m scratching my head, like oh shit, you better go on a serious diet, then I’m starving and eating chocolate cake with a fork out of the fridge. I’m really sympathizing with over weight people hard now.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confession…. I did gain 20 pounds over Covid and maintained it for two years. People who have met me over the past couple of years say that I am “small” but people who knew me before have commented that I have gotten “chunky”. 92 to 112. So I can mildly understand weight issues. I am now down to around 104 and working towards losing 9-12 more more pounds.

I significantly cut back on non-water drinks, take out, and conditioned stress snacking.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H View Post
    Confession…. I did gain 20 pounds over Covid and maintained it for two years. People who have met me over the past couple of years say that I am “small” but people who knew me before have commented that I have gotten “chunky”. 92 to 112. So I can mildly understand weight issues. I am now down to around 104 and working towards losing 9-12 more more pounds.

I significantly cut back on non-water drinks, take out, and conditioned stress snacking.
    LOL my dad told me my face looked ‘swollen’ and seemed really concerned…

Some people are so blunt on external stuff. “No dad, I just got fat! But thanks”.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    LOL my dad told me my face looked ‘swollen’ and seemed really concerned…

Some people are so blunt on external stuff. “No dad, I just got fat! But thanks”.
    Hahahaha I feel your pain. Both my parents have commented on how I was getting too heavy at 112 lbs. It sucks being petite, eh?

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kuno: My former fwb was legit 6’1 and 135-140 lbs (mid-30s). He just sometimes didn’t “feel” like eating even when he felt hunger pains. It seems like some people just aren’t super driven by food. I felt like a “whale” compared to him, because he was just 25+ lbs heavier while being 14 inches taller than me.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kuno: My former fwb was legit 6’1 and 135-140 lbs (mid-30s). He just sometimes didn’t “feel” like eating even when he felt hunger pains. It seems like some people just aren’t super driven by food. I felt like a “whale” compared to him, because he was just 25+ lbs heavier while being 14 inches taller than me.
    That's crazy!! I know when I was in college, I felt so stretched thin by my constant obligations that sometimes I would barely eat, but this was a torturous ordeal for me. I often don't look back on college with much fondness for reasons like this. I don't overeat, but I also can't imagine not eating just cuz I don't feel like it.

I imagine that people who don't value Si are more prone to ignore hunger pangs.

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuno View Post
    That's crazy!! I know when I was in college, I felt so stretched thin by my constant obligations that sometimes I would barely eat, but this was a torturous ordeal for me. I often don't look back on college with much fondness for reasons like this. I don't overeat, but I also can't imagine not eating just cuz I don't feel like it.

I imagine that people who don't value Si are more prone to ignore hunger pangs.
    whoa that sounds kinda rough… like a bit destabilizing.

Lol yea, he is LSI-Se C. He really enjoys cooking but he’s very inconsistent with eating.

I personally tend to overeat or undereat and have always had a weird relationship with food. I admire how a lot of Si leads are usually so in tune with their body. Most of the time, I am oblivious to my body cues, tensions, and exhaustion levels.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa that sounds kinda rough… like a bit destabilizing.

Lol yea, he is LSI-Se C. He really enjoys cooking but he’s very inconsistent with eating.

I personally tend to overeat or undereat and have always had a weird relationship with food. I admire how a lot of Si leads are usually so in tune with their body. Most of the time, I am oblivious to my body cues, tensions, and exhaustion levels.
    My dad is also LSI (not sure what subtype) and Si + Te matters drive him crazy, though he's good at them. I'm the one who does the cooking and he gladly eats the food I make lol (and he cleans the dishes for me to help out).

But my dad always tells me that if it weren't for me cooking, he would just pop frozen foods into the microwave everyday and just eat that. He's not really concerned with eating tasty food much of the time; he just wants whatever food is convenient.

Sometimes I wish I were that easy to please lol. It's not that I need gourmet food everyday, but I like to have something that fills me, tastes good, and gives me necessary nutrients.

I admire anyone who values Se or Te, and especially people who are good at using either of those IMEs, because they seem to be good at getting things done. I've always struggled with mobilizing myself

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from obvious reasons people tend to have deep hate because they have also been shamed of it or have this fear of being shamed for it so they shame actual fat or fatter people as a response. It's the same thing we hate about others, it's kind of internalized hate or projection. For example I would hate people who aren't responsible because I felt like I always have to be responsible. So it's the same with fat like we're trying hard to be healthy why can't they. Sometimes it's like that. Maybe people who have been fat or have struggled and accepted it are more forgiving. It's very difficult to not feel bad when you're trying hard you see people who are more "free"
    People should mind their own business. But there’s situations you have to call people out when they didn’t “try” enough:

Those who didn’t “try” complain about the consequences of their action too much, and worst, start blaming others

People who get responsibility for a specific job, and didn’t get their job done. Those who hire them, or those who work with them have every right to at least have an opinion about it.
    Last edited by Renna; 02-04-2023 at 06:30 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that sensing types ignore signals from their body like that. It's usually the intuitives who won't eat even when they are hungry. I think sensing types are more prone to obesity, but with all the garbage you can buy everywhere it's easy for some intuitives to fall into that trap too

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I don't think that sensing types ignore signals from their body like that. It's usually the intuitives who won't eat even when they are hungry. I think sensing types are more prone to obesity, but with all the garbage you can buy everywhere it's easy for some intuitives to fall into that trap too
    There’s probably some truth to that but he’s extremely aware of his surroundings, has excellent reflexes, and is prone to seek out sensory experiences. Too much intellectual hypothesizing and he will just tell you to kindly shut up. He just would rather drink and smoke weed than deal with the upkeep of “eating”.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s probably some truth to that but he’s extremely aware of his surroundings, has excellent reflexes, and is prone to seek out sensory experiences. Too much intellectual hypothesizing and he will just tell you to kindly shut up. He just would rather drink and smoke weed than deal with the upkeep of “eating”.
    is he interested in math or does he play an instrument?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame on Alive's body.

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    is he interested in math or does he play an instrument?
    No, why?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, why?
    Was just curious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, there's a difference between being an enabler and treating people with respect and decency. I know it might sound like I'm promoting unhealthy lifestyles and disordered eating or whatever, but really I'm not. You're deserving of love, respect and admiration even if you're overweight, obese, underweight... And you should love yourself regardless of that. Hating yourself for not being perfect isn't good either, and really you can't live your life following extreme standards just to please everyone. It's not your place to make other's happy only you. If it upsets them then oh well that's on them. If they don't like you then they don't have to look

As long as you're comfortable happy and content when you look in the mirror that's all that matters in my book.

I'd even go so far as to say that self love DOES include taking care of your body, as well as mental state and doing things that make you happy and in tune with your body. It doesn't exclude healthy routines and meals but it's a part of it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not everyone is the same. We all can't follow strict dietary routines that cut out carbs and things that are bad-yet-delicious like candy and soda. That's where moderation comes in. You should be allowed to treat yourself with these things

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine that life, food is so good I can just mukbang the whole week with @simpin is pimpin
    My dick cheese makes for good extra dipping sauce
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavender latte View Post
    I mean, there's a difference between being an enabler and treating people with respect and decency. I know it might sound like I'm promoting unhealthy lifestyles and disordered eating or whatever, but really I'm not. You're deserving of love, respect and admiration even if you're overweight, obese, underweight... And you should love yourself regardless of that. Hating yourself for not being perfect isn't good either, and really you can't live your life following extreme standards just to please everyone. It's not your place to make other's happy only you. If it upsets them then oh well that's on them. If they don't like you then they don't have to look

As long as you're comfortable happy and content when you look in the mirror that's all that matters in my book.

I'd even go so far as to say that self love DOES include taking care of your body, as well as mental state and doing things that make you happy and in tune with your body. It doesn't exclude healthy routines and meals but it's a part of it.
    Do you think I’d be in better shape if I simped for myself before I simp for others?

get ready to get cucked

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same. Eating has always been a chore. I'm over 30 but I'm still around 130 lbs. "Luckily," I'm also shorter than an average male and I can at least find slim clothes in the women section and pick stuff that are more unisex in style, lol.
    It’s hard to find gender-neutral, unisex bras for my manboobs

get ready to get cucked

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    I could have had way worse weight gain. Look up Zyprexa/olanzapine weight gain, for those that want to see how bad people have gained weight from this med. I read that it can cause on average a ten lbs weight gain, and still thought, ‘not me.’ Well, it’s real. My doc said he knew people that had gained 60lbs in 2 months. I gained 10lbs in 2 months. The other 10lbs was from other similar meds. I went from 115 to 135lbs and now I’m scratching my head, like oh shit, you better go on a serious diet, then I’m starving and eating chocolate cake with a fork out of the fridge. I’m really sympathizing with over weight people hard now.
    You can tell people that due to your ear issue, you can no longer hear the screams and cries of the cake while it’s being eaten, making it easier to eat more without remorse.

get ready to get cucked

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NarcOprahGayStr8 View Post
    It shouldn't be used as an excuse to be unhealthy but ppl naturally have different metabolism levels due to genetics. So comparing yourself to others is bad. I still think having a good body is a good goal to have for health reasons but ppl with narcissistically good bodies can be/are often narcissistic themselves. They are flawed/get in too much trouble with the law/test things they shouldn't too much etc.

Reminds me of the time this twink waltzed in the bar and had a perfect six pack but was a huge jerk to everybody for no reason and almost everybody called him out for his rude personality. What's the fucking point, acting like that to me ruins the purpose of looking at better bodies in the first place.
    What is the purpose?

Cooming?

get ready to get cucked

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simpin is pimpin View Post
    It’s hard to find gender-neutral, unisex bras for my manboobs
    You need a corset not a bra. Who taught you how to dress?

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a corset not a bra. Who taught you how to dress?
    You want me to contain my curves? Now I feel shamed…

get ready to get cucked

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simpin is pimpin View Post
    Do you think I’d be in better shape if I simped for myself before I simp for others?
    Unironically yeah. I know you're trolling and probably another account or something, but after awhile you get tired of laying in your own misery and playing in a continuous cycle of self sabotage and self hatred. All you need is that sort of "flow state" to just do it, make progress. Consistency is the key.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unironically yeah. I know you're trolling and probably another account or something, but after awhile you get tired of laying in your own misery and playing in a continuous cycle of self sabotage and self hatred. All you need is that sort of "flow state" to just do it, make progress. Consistency is the key.
    Unironically thanks

get ready to get cucked

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you don't love me - how in the hell are you gonna exploit everybody else? Can I get an A-Men?

RuPaul: Wait hunty, you're saying that wrong...
    Michelle Visage: No, I think he said it exactly right

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a fat person I’m gonna own up to some things here on behalf of my spherical comrades and explain why some others hate fat people.

Fat people are an eyesore, often stink the larger we get and we tax the healthcare system. Being larger makes us reliant on people, usually other family members to do basic things. Not all of us fatties are cute and jolly, some of us have terrible personalities, aggressive, domineering and prone to excess and laze psychologically as well as materially, which is what causes and perpetuates our situation. Furthermore the estrogen production increase by the fat cells in man tiddies makes us prone to have a victim mentality, so rather than hauling our quadruple-asses onto the treadmill we blame others and then also call any dissenters victim blamers. Then, we are often also proud to be fat (obviously overcompensatory) and can think that being bigger and bolder makes us superior ubermensches. The list goes on.

get ready to get cucked

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here’s an ESI talking about body issues

https://youtube.com/shorts/7A5Rcj003r0?feature=share
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Here’s an ESI talking about body issues

https://youtube.com/shorts/7A5Rcj003r0?feature=share
    God, I love how sincere she is I wish more people were unafraid of rigorous beauty standards like her.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other day I saw a video of a woman showing her body when she was anorexic, versus her healthy body nowadays, and it was very wonderful to see her recover from that eating disorder, but I couldn’t help but feel so much absolute terror when I saw her emaciated, dangerously thin body. She had almost no body fat at all. It terrifies me that this eating disorder affects so many people. It’s so serious.

And as rude as it sounds, every time I see a picture of an anorexic person, I have to turn away in horror. I can’t look at anorexic people without being visibly terrified for them

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuno View Post
    The other day I saw a video of a woman showing her body when she was anorexic, versus her healthy body nowadays, and it was very wonderful to see her recover from that eating disorder, but I couldn’t help but feel so much absolute terror when I saw her emaciated, dangerously thin body. She had almost no body fat at all. It terrifies me that this eating disorder affects so many people. It’s so serious.

And as rude as it sounds, every time I see a picture of an anorexic person, I have to turn away in horror. I can’t look at anorexic people without being visibly terrified for them
    Indeed when I see very thin people, I sometimes wonder if we were in a race, which of us would get the furthest before collapsing and dying.

get ready to get cucked

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine that life, food is so good I can just mukbang the whole week with @simpin is pimpin
    It's good you're so flirtatious with the crumbs and crackers of a good celebratory feast on the delicacies and artifacts of food palace!!
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Body positivity to me is acknowledging the fact that beauty doesn't have to conform to one standard and people's bodies come in all kinds of different shapes and sizes so we shouldn't be expected to all look the same. What it isn't imo is celebrating obesity and enabling unhealthy behavior/habits. I don't think its constructive to demean and ridicule fat people but being obese is dangerous to your health so its irresponsible to enable it.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You are largely correct in my book. G.K. Chesterton was one hell of a fatass yet he was so at home in his own skin Franz Kafka himself remarked that he honestly believed he found his God. Stories also abound about how Benjamin Franklin in his later years was also quite portly yet was still so successful with the ladies he came back from his stint as the ambassador to France he literally had all the VD's science had identified at the time.

This is where both I and they would take issue with the modern wokie. They knew exactly what they were doing (e.g. both were well aware of and acted in accordance with the fact that men and women are most certainly not the same). They made no attempt to redefine their conditions. Obesity was not nor ever would be an unfortunate and chronic condition over which nobody has any real control over to them. They just rationally analyzed what it would take for them to acquire a Greek God Bod and rationally concluded that their time was better spent elsewhere. In both cases it turned out to be writing and philosophizing and their wives agreed hence why they didn't suffer a divorce.

They may have and probably did wish their hubbies would have put in the effort to become an Adonis but if he's actually emotionally bonded to them that's all the female mind considers as relevant assuming a secure attachment style. Male mind as well I'd mention. All a woman has to hit on the HB scale is 6/10. A potential only the most morbidly obese and cursed females can attain with minimal effort.

I mean this. Just stop drinking two 2-liter bottles of Coke a day. Wean yourself down to 1 a week and then to where you measure how that took you a whole month to actually consume. You'll lose 20 pounds just because of that alone. Believe me I speak from direct and lived experience. Once I stopped drinking all that HFCS I dropped 10 pounds in a week and double that after a month.

Once she's just barely "hot" enough to garner his lust all she has to do after that is not be a raging C-word. Pretty much all the 10 out of 10 hotties nowadays are wanton... well now it just sounds like an insult to female dogs because at least they be loyal unto death and these ho's sure as hell ain't. I know exactly why they be like that and it fills me with sorrow but...

Gah! I digress. Point is, just don't be a taco toad and actually be willing and able to see the good in a given man and say it to his face and you'll be surprised how far you'll get with him. Chubby girl can totally out compete a rail-thin supermodel provided she isn't disgustingly and morbidly obese. Hell, chubby can work for a girl rather hardcore. There's a reason most pagan fertility goddesses tended towards being chubby over unhealthily thin...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AntTea View Post
    Body positivity to me is acknowledging the fact that beauty doesn't have to conform to one standard and people's bodies come in all kinds of different shapes and sizes so we shouldn't be expected to all look the same. What it isn't imo is celebrating obesity and enabling unhealthy behavior/habits. I don't think its constructive to demean and ridicule fat people but being obese is dangerous to your health so its irresponsible to enable it.
    I agree. Being considerate when expressing a personal opinion, giving a useful advice or meaningful help when asked for is the responsible thing to do, but people who are only willing to pull up for a quick drive-by with their unsolicited judgments should mind their own business.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast