User Tag List

Thread: Hi.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi.

Hi.

I've been reading about various personality type models based around Jung's Psychological Types and spending a lot of time trying to understand them but I'm still fairly new to this. I'm not well-versed in Socionics, I've only read the articles on Wikisocion, watched a few videos on YouTube and read an introductory book by Filatova. I cannot pin down my type with confidence; actually I just took the test stickied in the "What's My Type" subforum. Based on the results and my current understanding of functions, information elements and Model A in general, I believe I'm either EII or SLI. I'm about to see whether I'm allowed to post my results in that thread, if I am, I'd be grateful for any input.

At this point I'm reluctant to share anything too personal. Can't say I have any hands-on hobbies nor that I've ever had any. I spend most of my time with reading; literature, theater, fine art, fashion, music and movies used to be my main source of inspiration, but unfortunately I've lost my ability to find joy in them or in anything in general.
    Last edited by fjoerd; 02-22-2023 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! Welcome to this forum!

I’m sorry to hear what you’ve been going through. Life isn’t easy. But I’m glad you’ve at least decided to join this cute little community of typology enthusiasts. Hopefully this will give you something more to think about and enjoy as a harmless pastime.

Fine arts used to be my main source of inspiration, as well, but life has been rather difficult for me these days, and I also don’t find much joy in the hobbies I used to engage in, truth be told. I feel very torn between all kinds of responsibilities and things I must do on a daily basis. It just feels impossible to engage in my old hobbies anymore.

I do hope you can overcome this dark period in life. Best of luck to you!

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can make a typing video for opinions

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hum I would say SLI since you said you have lost your ability to find joy in things you once did.

Having Ne for EII means searching out and finding new joys inspirations and building adding new avenues on their interests. Your interests don’t seem to be as omnivorous as that of what I would associate with EII
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kuno, thank you for your kind words. I was touched by your friendly welcoming, and as I'm writing this, I feel moderately guilty for replying to your post just now. I'm also sad to read that this feeling is familiar to you too. What were/are your hobbies? Just took a quick glance at your profile, and I don't see that you've talked about this topic much beyond what you mentioned in your typing video.
    It's silly, but when I was a kid, I even envied a bit people who possess some dexterity and find building, tinkering, sculpting, drilling, knitting, making bijous and similar activities relaxing and fulfilling. I've always thought there's something wrong with me for not being able to pick up productive hobbies I could stick to and reach beyond a beginning experimental phase. But I mainly joined to discuss Socionics and hopefully to ask for tips to be able to determine my type, not to confess my heartaches.

@nifl, I agree, that would be a straightforward approach, although it is not something I'm seriously considering at the moment. It is tempting, but I'm uncomfortable with it for privacy reasons.

@Beautiful sky, you're right, I don't see Ne creative either, but to me, 4D Si program makes even less sense. Maybe I should forget about being Delta and/or that Si, Fi, Te & Ne are my valued elements I initially tried to bring over from MBTI. I cannot fit them into Model A in a way I'm satisfied with. What is your opinion or is there a consensus here on the reliability of Gulenko's free test at his website or of the one at Sociotype? I believe, the questions are fairly easy to answer truthfully and I consistently get EII on both. I'm unsure how much weight should I put into those results.
    Last edited by fjoerd; 02-22-2023 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fjoerd Don’t feel bad about only replying now! Sometimes I don’t reply to people for many days. I just happen to be very active today.

I actually identify a lot with the envy you would feel toward people who have such productive hobbies. I’ve always wanted to be able to have a hobby like that, as well, but I’ve never had anyone to teach me things like that, and I’m not an autodidact. I usually can’t just learn things by myself; I’ve always needed to have someone else to teach me and guide me.

Truth be told, I’ve never had an array of hobbies. As a kid and teenager, I loved to draw, write, and I’d occasionally create simple electronic songs on GarageBand, and that was about it. Drawing was my main hobby. These days, with working (or having to find work), having to tend to household chores on the daily, running errands, and maintaining my social life, I don’t usually feel like I can just sit down and draw in peace anymore. Reading fiction has also become a bit of a chore for me as, again, it’s hard for me to sit still when I have this nagging thought telling me to be more productive with my time and energy. So my hobbies nowadays are mainly just reading articles and educational content (like news, history, sociology, etc), cooking, and talking to my friends. Not too bad, but aside from cooking, I feel like I just don’t create anything anymore, and it’s a sad feeling since I used to derive so much joy from the process of creating.

It’s also just disappointing graduating from university and not having many career opportunities, which has probably only made me feel worse about life. There was a point when I’d also grown numb to art, but lately I’ve been trying to resist this feeling, as I am afraid of eventually growing numb to beauty and emotions.

Don’t feel bad about confessing to any heartaches; it’s not like there’s a rule against it on this forum, haha. I’m open to listening to what others have to say.

As long as you do your best to tend to your basic daily needs, I think there will always be hope, because life will always keep going, and nothing ever stays the same (for better or for worse). Something will change eventually, I’m sure. And forgive me for this long response!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fjoerd View Post
    @kuno, thank you for your kind words. I was touched by your friendly welcoming, and as I'm writing this, I feel moderately guilty for replying to your post just now. I'm also sad to read that this feeling is familiar to you too. What were/are your hobbies? Just took a quick glance at your profile, and I don't see that you've talked about this topic much beyond what you mentioned in your typing video.
    It's silly, but when I was a kid, I even envied a bit people who possess some dexterity and find building, tinkering, sculpting, drilling, knitting, making bijous and similar activities relaxing and fulfilling. I've always thought there's something wrong with me for not being able to pick up productive hobbies I could stick to and reach beyond a beginning experimental phase.
    I just collect books, music recordings, and I write, but I've never looked at writing as something to pass time with, more like as labor of structuring and weeding out my thoughts and shaping them into forms appealing to my senses and meaningful on their own.
    Perhaps, this is why losing interest in pursuing this anymore disturbs me so deep that I cannot get over it. Giving up on it feels like giving up on myself and giving up on myself is a possible reason why I've become numb to art too. At this point, the future looks grim but I cut this short since I'd like to avoid provoking unneccessary reactions, and in general, I believe I'm already pushing the limits of what I believe is appropriate here. I mainly joined to discuss Socionics and hopefully to ask for tips to be able to determine my type, not to confess my heartaches.

@nifl, I agree, that would be a straightforward approach, although it is not something I'm seriously considering at the moment. It is tempting, but I'm uncomfortable with it for privacy reasons.

@Beautiful sky, you're right, I don't see Ne creative either, but to me, 4D Si program makes even less sense. Maybe I should forget about being Delta and/or that Si, Fi, Te & Ne are my valued elements I initially tried to bring over from MBTI. I cannot fit them into Model A in a way I'm satisfied with. What is your opinion or is there a consensus here on the reliability of Gulenko's free test at his website or of the one at Sociotype? I believe, the questions are fairly easy to answer truthfully and I consistently get EII on both. I'm unsure how much weight should I put into those results.
    If you are getting EII then maybe you are EII and there’s more to you than you can write at this time. That’s what I think.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How do you use Fi?
    -

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> How do you use Fi?

...to figure out my relationship with other people and things in general. I think I'm fairly good at telling apart what is said out loud, what is being held back, and fairly sensitive/attentive to the various meanings behind different looks, facial expressions, peculiarities in speech, intonation, and metacommunication in general; to the motivating feelings behind people's actions (I often find myself calming and helping them to see other perspectives and priorities when they complain to me about each other), or even to the possible motivating feelings behind the tone of someone's written text. But I don't really observe specifics one by one to construct an easily explainable opinion, I'm talking about a prompt overall impression I usually stick to as long as I'm not obviously proven wrong, and I think I rarely am. I am not measuring people against norms or standards (like I'd assume someone with Te or Fe in their ego block would), I measure others' emotional reacions to me in tandem with my own emotional reactions to determinte where I stand with other people. This stance, although strong from the beginning and rarely if ever changes fundamentally, it is not static, it becomes more and more nuanced as time passes.

I'm unsure how common is this among feeler types, but I find myself antropomorphizing animals, plants and even inanimate objects in my mind to determine whether I like them or not, and especially, whether I want them in my life or not. For eg. I can be friends with a particular dog or a cat but I cannot say I like dogs and cats in general. When antropomorphizing is not possible or just inadequate, like in a matter of deciding whether I agree or disagree with the guiding principles of different political ideologies, I can become quickly frustrated, and annoyingly, highly impressionable if I don't see obvious logical flaws standing out in the arguments advocating for them. Luckily, I'm not completely helpless, it all becomes clear once I have a chance to see who are actually claiming to represent a political cause. When I sense passive-aggressive or manipulative tendencies, gaslighting, dishonesty, machinations being rampant, I am triggered to walk away and reevaluate my views since I'm always struck by the the impression that I cannot share the same beliefs as people who I find immoral without becoming one of them. But I'm mainly moralizing internally, and I'm not preoccupied with sewing a web of moral values, or filtering moral principles inherited from my parents, the current political system or society I'm living in at large. My view on morals can be traced back to only a handful of core beliefs. Generally, if I find that someone is open to see their own shortcomings and also open to see different people are, well, different, and honor their need to be honest and understanding about these matters, there's always human potential. Everything else grows out of this and is of secondary importance.
    Last edited by fjoerd; 02-02-2023 at 12:16 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fjoerd View Post
    > How do you use Fi?

...to figure out my relationship with other people and things in general. I think I'm fairly good at telling apart what is said out loud, what is being held back, and fairly sensitive/attentive to the various meanings behind different looks, facial expressions, peculiarities in speech, intonation, and metacommunication in general; to the motivating feelings behind people's actions (I often find myself calming and helping them to see other perspectives and priorities when they complain to me about each other), or even to the possible motivating feelings behind the tone of someone's written text. But I don't really observe specifics one by one to construct an easily explainable opinion, I'm talking about a prompt overall impression I usually stick to as long as I'm not obviously proven wrong, and I think I rarely am. I am not measuring people against norms or standards (like I'd assume someone with Te or Fe in their ego block would), I measure others' emotional reacions to me in tandem with my own emotional reactions to determinte where I stand with other people. This stance, although strong from the beginning and rarely if ever changes fundamentally, it is not static, it becomes more and more nuanced as time passes.

I'm unsure how common is this among feeler types, but I find myself antropomorphizing animals, plants and even inanimate objects in my mind to determine whether I like them or not, and especially, whether I want them in my life or not. For eg. I can be friends with a particular dog or a cat but I cannot say I like dogs and cats in general. When antropomorphizing is not possible or just inadequate, like in a matter of deciding whether I agree or disagree with the guiding principles of different political ideologies, I can become quickly frustrated, and annoyingly, highly impressionable if I don't see obvious logical flaws standing out in the arguments advocating for them. Luckily, I'm not completely helpless, it all becomes clear once I have a chance to see who are actually claiming to represent a political cause. When I sense passive-aggressive or manipulative tendencies, gaslighting, dishonesty, machinations being rampant, I am triggered to walk away and reevaluate my views since I'm always struck by the the impression that I cannot share the same beliefs as people who I find immoral without becoming one of them. But I'm mainly moralizing internally, and I'm not preoccupied with sewing a web of moral values, or filtering moral principles inherited from my parents, the current political system or society I'm living in at large. My view on morals can be traced back to only a handful of core beliefs. Generally, if I find that someone is open to see their own shortcomings and also open to see different people are, well, different, and honor their need to be honest and understanding about these matters, there's always human potential. Everything else grows out of this and is of secondary importance.
    Ok so stick with EII for a while and see what happens. Why did you doubt it in the first place?
    -