Thread: How do I read / interpret the socionics function order?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do I read / interpret the socionics function order?

Greetings,

I learned that in MBTI there is a logical order for each function for each type:
    1. hero
    2. parent
    3. child
    4. inferior

and so on...

I'm new to socionics however and when I look at either of the types description on sociotype.com, for instance the IEI INFP (INFJ in MBTI), the order of how each of the functions are listed, seems to make little sense to me from an MBTI standpoint.

On sociotype.com let's take the IEI as an example. It starts with the Ego-Block: Ni, Fe followed by the Super-Ego: Si, Te and then Super-Id: Se, Ti and last the
    Id-Block: Ne, Fi

Coming from MBTI, this confuses me quite a bit. Because there, the (INFJ Ni, Fe, Ti, Se) type begins as depicted on sociotype with the functions Ni, Fe, but from here on things are different. As I said the Ego-Block makes sense in comparison, but then comes the Super-Ego, but the Super-Id would come next according to my (MBTI) understanding.

Someone mind explaining how / why the functions are presented in that particular order in socionics?

Source: https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INFP is not INFj in Socionics
    INFP is IEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mbti assigned the wrong leading and auxiliary functions to the introverted types because they misunderstood Jung’s work.

IJ types are lead with their own corresponding J function like Ti and Fi
    IP types are Ni and Si

Because MBTI assumed that J belongs to ONLy the Fe and Te functions they flipped the order of the extroverts like ENFJ have FeNi so INFJ are NiFe. However this created a major problem because now they had to find and make up all sorts of definitions to fit Ni in order to describe IJ qualities that are really associated with Fi.

So there you have it MBTI mistake!

Introverts don’t do the external world with an auxiliary function that’s just made up system to cover up a mistake
    Introverts like INFJ in BOTH systems are FiNe and yes I wrote an article on this and yes I sent this article to MBTI themselves
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Mbti assigned the wrong leading and auxiliary functions to the introverted types because they misunderstood Jung’s work.

IJ types are lead with their own corresponding J function like Ti and Fi
    IP types are Ni and Si

Because MBTI assumed that J belongs to ONLy the Fe and Te functions they flipped the order of the extroverts like ENFJ have FeNi so INFJ are NiFe. However this created a major problem because now they had to find and make up all sorts of definitions to fit Ni in order to describe IJ qualities that are really associated with Fi.

So there you have it MBTI mistake!

Introverts don’t do the external world with an auxiliary function that’s just made up system to cover up a mistake
    Introverts like INFJ in BOTH systems are FiNe and yes I wrote an article on this and yes I sent this article to MBTI themselves
    Not true. In the MBTI I am an INFJ, going by the 4 dichotomies, and Ni is my strongest function in the system according to every function test I take, whereas my Fi comes in at third or fourth place. Also, I am probably not an EII in Socionics because, among other things, EIIs value Ne and Si while I apparently don't. It is my opinion--and this is backed up by many of the typings on Personality Database--that people's types in Socionics and the MBTI aren't correlated in any particular fashion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Not true. In the MBTI I am an INFJ, going by the 4 dichotomies, and Ni is my strongest function in the system according to every function test I take, whereas my Fi comes in at third or fourth place. Also, I am probably not an EII in Socionics because, among other things, EIIs value Ne and Si while I apparently don't. It is my opinion--and this is backed up by many of the typings on Personality Database--that people's types in Socionics and the MBTI aren't correlated in any particular fashion.
    Yes what I wrote is very true. Even having read mbti book by Kathryn Briggs I can see the error arise
    -

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no in my opinion EII is INFP and INFJ is IEI, ENFJ is EIE and ENFP is IEE. same goes for the rest
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    no in my opinion EII is INFP and INFJ is IEI, ENFJ is EIE and ENFP is IEE. same goes for the rest
    No I’m both EII and INFJ now ask how that’s possible and many other INFJ are the same way
    -

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I never learned the proper socionics line up, lol.
    IEI for me is
    NiFeTiSe
    NeFiTeSi
    So long as you know what things like PoLR means, in which block each belongs, and what blocks mean, you can manage.

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I’m both EII and INFJ now ask how that’s possible and many other INFJ are the same way
    no yuo are INFP and EII and all other INFJs who are EIIs are actually INFPs who havent figured it out yet

I want to care

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

no yuo are INFP and EII and all other INFJs who are EIIs are actually INFPs who havent figured it out yet
    Nope I’m EII INFJ

INFJ in the mbti are IJ personality types meaning they do things in an orderly and organized manner so in that meaning of what IJ is or what INFJ is I’m definitely INFJ
    -

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope I’m EII INFJ

INFJ in the mbti are IJ personality types meaning they do things in an orderly and organized manner so in that meaning of what IJ is or what INFJ is I’m definitely INFJ
    this is relating the J to conscientiousness or other personality traits and i dont agree with that. therse both INFPs and INFJs who are conscientious in different ways. Then theres ILI and LII/INTJ and INTP who are usually more conscientious bc they have stronger Te and can prioritize and systematize their tasks. yet theres both INTJs and INTPs, and ILIs and LIIs, who could be considered both or either hardworking or lazy/orderly or disorderly. theres ILIs living in ratchet trailer parks and ILIs being high in a company earning a lot of money who have no social life or skills. also why did u remove the IEI vid

I want to care

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

this is relating the J to conscientiousness or other personality traits and i dont agree with that. therse both INFPs and INFJs who are conscientious in different ways. Then theres ILI and LII/INTJ and INTP who are usually more conscientious bc they have stronger Te and can prioritize and systematize their tasks. yet theres both INTJs and INTPs, and ILIs and LIIs, who could be considered both or either hardworking or lazy/orderly or disorderly. theres ILIs living in ratchet trailer parks and ILIs being high in a company earning a lot of money who have no social life or skills. also why did u remove the IEI vid
    Ok which version of mbti do you agree with?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mbti measures behavioral traits
    -

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok which version of mbti do you agree with?
    \
    i dont differentiate between mbti, jung, socionics or whatever. imo just the names of the functions give the defintiions and all those long texts give context and explain further, but i bet someone may be able to understand it right off intuitively.

I want to care

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

\
    i dont differentiate between mbti, jung, socionics or whatever. imo just the names of the functions give the defintiions and all those long texts give context and explain further, but i bet someone may be able to understand it right off intuitively.
    If you don’t differentiate then you probably know that Kathrine Briggs being INFJ herself didn’t either and she wrote a damned good definition of INFJ in her book and it matches with my personality type
    -

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I take Jung's perspective

There is
    main function which is differentiated
    then there is
    inferior aka suggestive.

Inferior remains valued but less good than the other side of it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)