Thread: Which Enneagram type suits ESI best?

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Which Enneagram type suits ESI best?

I've always been fascinated by the ESI Sociotype, and I'm stuck between self-preservation 1 and self-preservation 4 as the best candidates for the ESI archetype.

I've also heard some suggest that sexual 6 is also a good fit, and while I don't doubt this, I'm not entirely convinced that sexual 6 exemplifies the ESI archetype, but I'm open to suggestions in this area.

I know the Enneagram and Socionics aren't strongly related, but we can have some fun with making unnecessary connections, can't we?

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4, 6, or 1.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you mean the archetype or most likely enneagrams for them?

1 Sp , 1 Sx ( Se Subtype ) , 1 So ( Se Subtype )

4 Sp , 4 Sx

6 Sp , 6 Sx , 6 So

9 Sp , 9 Sx

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Sp 4 and Sp 1 suits ESI, but if you're trying to narrow it down to one, I think Sp 1 is a little better.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnPocoLoco View Post
    Do you mean the archetype or most likely enneagrams for them?

1 Sp , 1 Sx ( Se Subtype ) , 1 So ( Se Subtype )

4 Sp , 4 Sx

6 Sp , 6 Sx , 6 So

9 Sp , 9 Sx
    Ahh good! I think all of these are good fits for ESI, except perhaps sx 9, but note that I'm not saying you're wrong about that one. I guess I just have some doubts as I have heard before that sx 9 does not fit ESI, though I don't know if those people simply meant the ESI archetype or if they meant all ESIs (if the latter, I think it's too much of a generalization to say that no ESI can be sx 9; everyone is different). So I guess I wanted to know how sx 9 can fit ESI? I'm sincerely curious!

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmira View Post
    Both Sp 4 and Sp 1 suits ESI, but if you're trying to narrow it down to one, I think Sp 1 is a little better.
    Always good to get a response from an actual ESI!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuno View Post
    Ahh good! I think all of these are good fits for ESI, except perhaps sx 9, but note that I'm not saying you're wrong about that one. I guess I just have some doubts as I have heard before that sx 9 does not fit ESI, though I don't know if those people simply meant the ESI archetype or if they meant all ESIs (if the latter, I think it's too much of a generalization to say that no ESI can be sx 9; everyone is different). So I guess I wanted to know how sx 9 can fit ESI? I'm sincerely curious!
    I personally think that any Enneagram comes with any type, but some combinations are more common than others

Anyway, the fact that the 9 Sx are soft doesn't prevent ESIs from being 9 Sx
    I don't know if there are any other arguments

I had ESI crush last year who is 9 Sx , it's not difficult at all to see his functions away from his Enneagram

Fi was very clear (it was really annoying but his handsome face and the fact that we only spoke so rarely made me overlook it) , no Ne at all and Se>Si , no strong Ni , and he clings to his ILI friend every second

On the other hand, he was soft and understanding, merged very easily with those close to him: their ideas and plans become his' , and he considered himself and his ILI friend as completely one person , exactly as average 9 Sx

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnPocoLoco View Post
    I personally think that any Enneagram comes with any type, but some combinations are more common than others

Anyway, the fact that the 9 Sx are soft doesn't prevent ESIs from being 9 Sx
    I don't know if there are any other arguments

I had ESI crush last year who is 9 Sx , it's not difficult at all to see his functions away from his Enneagram

Fi was very clear (it was really annoying but his handsome face and the fact that we only spoke so rarely made me overlook it) , no Ne at all and Se>Si , no strong Ni , and he clings to his ILI friend every second

On the other hand, he was soft and understanding, merged very easily with those close to him: their ideas and plans become his' , and he considered himself and his ILI friend as completely one person , exactly as average 9 Sx
    That guy sounds like a dream, in all honesty

I sorta relate to the description you just wrote, though I don’t think I’m ESI. But it’s very interesting to see different variations of a certain sociotype.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know much about Enneagram, but for what it's worth, in the Riso-Hudson interpretation or at least in one of the two books I've read by them, they make an attempt to correlate Jung's 8 types with the Enneagram: E1 - Te ; E2 - Fe ; E3 - ø ; E4 - Ni ; E5 - Ti ; E6 - Fi ; E7 - Se ; E8 - Ne ; E9 - Si.
    Given that they also claim there are no clear types, and everybody is supposed to be somewhere in the middle of two neighboring ones, their logic hardly adds up when you try to apply Jung's function stack model to a winged type and come up with a narrative that is also in sync with their Enneagram profile descriptions. I haven't played with this much, maybe there's more room in Socionics for new interpretations which make more sense, but off the top of my head, I cannot come up with any. If I had to pick one anyway, I would probably choose E6 too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not type related
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fjoerd View Post
    I don't know much about Enneagram, but for what it's worth, in the Riso-Hudson interpretation or at least in one of the two books I've read by them, they make an attempt to correlate Jung's 8 types with the Enneagram: E1 - Te ; E2 - Fe ; E3 - ø ; E4 - Ni ; E5 - Ti ; E6 - Fi ; E7 - Se ; E8 - Ne ; E9 - Si.
    Given that they also claim there are no clear types, and everybody is supposed to be somewhere in the middle of two neighboring ones, their logic hardly adds up when you try to apply Jung's function stack model to a winged type and come up with a narrative that is also in sync with their Enneagram profile descriptions. I haven't played with this much, maybe there's more room in Socionics for new interpretations which make more sense, but off the top of my head, I cannot come up with any. If I had to pick one anyway, I would probably choose E6 too.
    I find the Riso-Hudson attempt to correlate Jung’s 8 types with the Enneagram fascinating! And it makes sense to me. The connection of E8 to Ne particularly intrigues me, as a lot of people tend to correlate E8 with Se, but they’re probably not thinking of Jungian Se.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Not type related
    Finally, a chance to use this emote —

Would you say that a person of any sociotype can have any Enneagram type?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 or 6

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI Fi E6 seem a common thing

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    That's interesting. I would guess that E7 is Ne and E8 is Se.
    That's what I thought when I first saw it too. Overall, I think E7 resembles more the ENFp in Socionics but, to be honest, how they correlate the various typing systems or personality disorders as defined in the DSM with the Enneagram is not very convincing to say the least. I would even say it's almost nonsensical how they construct a profile which supposed to be the base of the thinking triad and later link it to Jung's Fi-type, and this is just one example relevant to this discussion, the whole thing is full of glaring logical inconsistencies (them claiming there's an actual dialectical relation between and within the triads is being my favorite). But I guess that's the mindset you end up with when you try to stuff a theory in an already existing model of cryptic origin borrowed from somewhere else instead of carefully choosing a few premises and building up a model based on those that is at least internally coherent.