Thread: How does Fi Demonstrative look compared to Fi base?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How does Fi Demonstrative look compared to Fi base?

Hey everyone.

I’m having a lot of trouble typing myself because I have a ton of Fe, and also a ton of Fi. I seem to prefer Fe in general, but when Fi comes out it comes out in strong ways (like an obsession for justice for example, I clearly recall as a kid being distressed and angered by war because it was unjust and unfair for world leaders to include civilians and make them sacrifice their lives for a personal conflict between people in power. It seems like a very Fi way to think? maybe Fe would be less concerned on what is fair and deal more with compassion.)

Can anyone explain how to tell the base function from the demonstrative function? How do you tell apart the people using these functions in different slots in real life?

Examples would help a lot.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, during the conflict, instead of protecting your friends, you appear to be the "neutral" 3rd party that is willing to solve and then settle the conflict between two sides. However, since you more than often are easily getting bored when everything becomes so peaceful, you commit hypocrisy by turning both of them into another set of conflicts. However, this can be vary depending on your so-flexible trustworthy.

What a bunch of hypocrites. Okay, just kidding.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this supposed to be a description of the Fi side or Fe side?

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-demonstrative.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Just like Fi base
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    Hey everyone.

I’m having a lot of trouble typing myself because I have a ton of Fe, and also a ton of Fi. I seem to prefer Fe in general, but when Fi comes out it comes out in strong ways (like an obsession for justice for example, I clearly recall as a kid being distressed and angered by war because it was unjust and unfair for world leaders to include civilians and make them sacrifice their lives for a personal conflict between people in power. It seems like a very Fi way to think? maybe Fe would be less concerned on what is fair and deal more with compassion.)

Can anyone explain how to tell the base function from the demonstrative function? How do you tell apart the people using these functions in different slots in real life?

Examples would help a lot.
    Right so Fi is reflected in how one views things that are right and wrong and judges on these things so your Fi will come out just like that except in my case it’s way more prominent and pronounced and it devalues Fe in favor of the greater good of humanity. Fe types stick to justices with their own group or culture or society more
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm thanks. You mentioned that your Fi is a lot more pronounced, could you elaborate on that? Does my example sound like it’s coming from an Fi Base kind of place, or is your experience different?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    Hmm thanks. You mentioned that your Fi is a lot more pronounced, could you elaborate on that? Does my example sound like it’s coming from an Fi Base kind of place, or is your experience different?
    I will definitely provide you with examples. I just haven’t interacted with the world mitch lately let’s see
    What is striking at my right now is us giving Billions to Ukraine while holding our citizens financially hostage. I am vehemently against people (humanity) being punished for political means. So the judgement is “you shouldn’t expect citizens to pay through the nose for your endeavors” here’s the judgement “should or shouldn’t”

Example:
    “Every teacher should be like my daughter’s teacher- calm and responsible. I observed her doing her job and judged that her relationship interaction was ideal.

Example:
    “That relationships is best for you since it’s not toxic.”

Example:
    “You should try to make your relationship work and stick it through since you made a commitment.”
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

More examples

My daughter is watching LOL and one of the friends is helping the other I say
    “Is she being a GOOD friend?!?”

Example:

When I watched Egypt’s Pharaohs daughter, Bethiah, pick up baby Moses from the river and she asked her slave to make an oath: what you have buried in the Nile be buried in your heart and the day you break that oath is the last thing you will see as in she will have her eyes pierced if she reveals that Moses is of the Hebrews made me cry that this women who wanted a child so bad that God’s plan was fulfilled for her and His glory through this union and that she put the child’s welfare even if her own selfish needs were also present before the slave who loathes Hebrews. What pulled at my heartstrings is the thought of how all things exist for the bigger goal and my own belief that it’s for God not me. It was watching this relationship dynamic play out and the tenderness displayed in caring for a child but also in how God played into the greater relationship with people that made me cry. It brought emotions of warmth gentleness though it was not that gentle she did threaten to kill her slave
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-27-2023 at 04:41 AM.
    -