Thread: Can ESI look like SEI?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can ESI look like SEI?

I think I’m ESI at my core but look more like SEI or IEI on the surface when people first meet me. Always smiling, polite, playful, laughing a lot, relaxed demeanour, people pleasing et cetera. I’m only completely authentic around people I trust 100% so mostly family and they think of me more like a typical ESI who is more blunt and inexpressive. I might be E9 so that could be why.
    Last edited by pineapple; 01-25-2023 at 09:29 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s a description somewhere for ESI-fi where it says that this subtype can resemble SEI..

will see if I can dig it up

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko says about ESI-fi: 'Subtle, sensitive nature, is a good judge of character and a reliable friend, is capable of compromise. In their softness and ease of contact he sometimes resembles an SEI ethical subtype.'

Socionics Types: ESI-ISFj Subtypes (sociotype.com)

And the reason this stood out to me was that my first crush was on an ESI boy (likely fi subtype). And most recently I fell for an SEI-fe boy, and I did see some resemblance.

Personally I think ESI and SEI are the most magnetic types, I think S types existed before N types, and SEI and ESI were the original sweethearts of the sociotype

Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 01-26-2023 at 09:54 AM.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, quasi-identical often misunderstood as each other especially if you overlooked the Quadra values.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, they can resemble each other that's possible, but I have no idea about your type.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Gulenko says about ESI-fi: 'Subtle, sensitive nature, is a good judge of character and a reliable friend, is capable of compromise. In their softness and ease of contact he sometimes resembles an SEI ethical subtype.'

Socionics Types: ESI-ISFj Subtypes (sociotype.com)

And the reason this stood out to me was that my first crush was on an ESI boy (likely fi subtype). And most recently I fell for an SEI-fe boy, and I did see some resemblance.

Personally I think ESI and SEI are the most magnetic types, I think S types existed before N types, and SEI and ESI were the original sweethearts of the sociotype

This is a pretty old description by G, not sure he's still on ball with it. I personally have known someone who I typed as ESI, but who had that SEI softness the description mentions. Harmonizing subtype can do that to LSIs and ESIs, I think, they can look like their quasi.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One trick to differentiate quasi-identicals is to try to identify which HA they have. It can be somewhat apparent when they "activate" it. SEI will mobilize using Ti, and ESI will mobilize using Ni.

For example; ESI in interaction will typically tell a story, or seem somewhat romantic, detached, or zany.
    SEI in interaction will seem somewhat analytical or theoretical.

It also probably depends on subtypes. In accepting subtypes (ESI-Fi, SEI-Si) this will be more apparent. Producing subtypes (ESI-Se, SEI-Fe) will have the HA more hidden. In this case the demonstrative/role will be more apparent.

There comes a point when you type enough people and become decent at typing, that you can easily tell apart an ESI from a SEI just by the way they look (not only VI-Wise) and how they present themselves.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a side note, I find it amusing that in that description it seems almost as if SEI was an "upgrade" from ESI. "It can seem like SEI.....". Sounds biased. ESI is a type of its own accord, and it doesn't require to "seem" like SEI to be positive. Not saying one is superior to the other, but the way Gulenko (an alpha NT) wrote that, makes it seem like SEI is the one superior. Which probably is in the eye of the beholder (or neither is superior objetively)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI is ESI, and SEI is SEI. No need to describe one with traits of the other.

You can say what traits they have in common, but not referencing the other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Only very superficially

SEI are a merry type and ESI are serious. ESI tend to look either very dissatisfied and melancholy or upset or just not quite happy and merry enough while SEI tend to look calm; as parents SEI are nothing like the harsh demanding almost abusive sometimes abusive ESI mothers. SEI tend to raise their kids with a certain sense of freedom and friendship.

Also, the politeness and playfulness of ESI is somewhat short lived and taken a back seat to their serious nature.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She prefers it when everybody in the house lives by her established, inviolable order, which she will, everyday, maintain and reinforce. The joint matters in her family are planned beforehand, because she handles changes of plans poorly. If she has already decided on something, she will always try to adhere to that accepted decision.

Story from real life: "If in the evening I prepared clothing for myself, and in the morning of the next day the weather has proven to be not as it was promised, and it was necessary for me to rapidly put on something different, then the entire day can go wrong for me, because my mood was not made to match this new clothing and new weather."

DREISERKAs make for strict, but loving mothers. They require obedience of their children and teach them discipline and order. The physical health of children, the completion of homework, and their friendships will always be under control and strict guidance of DREISERKA. She must know, with whom the child associates, where he went and when he will return. In short, she will try to make it so the intentions of all relatives are transparent and their actions and behaviors are known.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ion believe u can be strict and loving
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's possibly to mistake for others or you

for a help with your type you'd better made a video with a random tale about yourself