Thread: Questionnaire about energy gathering in order to perform a duty

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Questionnaire about energy gathering in order to perform a duty

Hello. I'm really interested in your participation. I would like to hear from you what exactly you do in order to trigger/rise your energy, so you can perform a task which you don't want to do, but need to do.

Examples: What do you do in order to start studying a subject? How you manage to get out of bed although you want to keep sleeping? How do you activate your Determination-ON mode?

Essential Note: I'm only interested in answers from the Model G perspective. If you don't use Model G, don't like it or simply don't know it yet, please don't bother in answering this post. Your answer won't be relevant to me, although you can still share your thoughts, of course.

Proposal of how you should respond:

1.- Your type & subtype from the Model G perspective + how sure you are about it (0-100%). You can also put more than 1 type, with their percentage associated.

2.- How do you rise your energy/motivation in order to perform a need-to-do task. Examples: I listen to X song, I watch X video, I simply do it without any trigger.

3.- A brief redacted example about a real situation where you rised your energy in order to perform and complete a task (optional)

Thank you in anticipation for everyone who is willing to participate.

Regards, Reaktor.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that anybody here is interested in model G except one person or two

I would suggest you to publish this in Socionics Reddit , I found many people interested in this model there , want the link or you can search it yourself?
    Souls know their way back home

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gulenko typed me as an oddball EIE C with strong Ni+Ne. It actually seems good. By relying intution and rational mindset you can can get away from meticulous logic. Like chess which is essentially logical relations makes me uncomfortable but I can use my vision in disciplines that may seem very logical (science graduate: chemistry, physics, mathematics).
    1. I do not take any models very seriously. This has a lot to do with my background. I have seen many models in exact sciences that fail in some parts (those actually provide very real data). As an energy overview however it seems qualitatively good. Terms are probably better in G. I like to push myself to learn skills, masochistically so. It grows on me. I bet many of my identicals do not have it this way but it seem they all have some weird obsession that they also overdo. As such I was even given accentuated Ni by Gulenko.
    2. Some task totally turn me off make me feel desperate and weak like cleaning. It is very hard to push through if I'm not determined by some external factor. External orientation makes me complete things. Doing things just for my own gain is not easy.
    3. Someone needed me. Someone came to visit and similar stuff. I have good combinatoric problem solving skills hence people see me as an expert in areas where I am not an certainly not self motivated. I can get away from being perfect and meticulous with details by inventing another way doing it.Some are disgusted and amazed of it at the same time.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Gulenko typed me as an oddball EIE C with strong Ni+Ne. It actually seems good. By relying intution and rational mindset you can can get away from meticulous logic. Like chess which is essentially logical relations makes me uncomfortable but I can use my vision in disciplines that may seem very logical (science graduate: chemistry, physics, mathematics).
    1. I do not take any models very seriously. This has a lot to do with my background. I have seen many models in exact sciences that fail in some parts (those actually provide very real data). As an energy overview however it seems qualitatively good. Terms are probably better in G. I like to push myself to learn skills, masochistically so. It grows on me. I bet many of my identicals do not have it this way but it seem they all have some weird obsession that they also overdo. As such I was even given accentuated Ni by Gulenko.
    2. Some task totally turn me off make me feel desperate and weak like cleaning. It is very hard to push through if I'm not determined by some external factor. External orientation makes me complete things. Doing things just for my own gain is not easy.
    3. Someone needed me. Someone came to visit and similar stuff. I have good combinatoric problem solving skills hence people see me as an expert in areas where I am not an certainly not self motivated. I can get away from being perfect and meticulous with details by inventing another way doing it.Some are disgusted and amazed of it at the same time.
    Thanks for answering! "External orientation makes me complete things". That definetly correlates to Se in the Launcher Position for the EIE. Maybe it will help you to take duties as personal challenges and celebrate them vigorously once completed (Even if you simply wash some dishes ). That will activate your 1 manager, 2 creative, 3 role functions (Model G) and you will be able to perform the task with the most amount of energy possible. Although I think you arleady know this

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reaktor View Post
    Hello. I'm really interested in your participation. I would like to hear from you what exactly you do in order to trigger/rise your energy, so you can perform a task which you don't want to do, but need to do.
    I would like to preface this with... I think what I do is, I make myself want to do it. But yeah I know what you mean, you mean tasks that are not for fun, but have to be done...so I'll answer accordingly

1.- Your type & subtype from the Model G perspective + how sure you are about it (0-100%). You can also put more than 1 type, with their percentage associated.
    My type is beta ST in any model. Model G or not, beta ST, ambiverted subtype. 100% sure

If you need me to pick then LSI > SLE

2.- How do you rise your energy/motivation in order to perform a need-to-do task. Examples: I listen to X song, I watch X video, I simply do it without any trigger

What do you do in order to start studying a subject? How you manage to get out of bed although you want to keep sleeping? How do you activate your Determination-ON mode?
    I just start studying the subject when I know I have no more time to put it off, or when I just feel like it's a good time to start. If it's studies where it needs more than a few hours to complete the studying then I plan it out over several days or weeks or however long it takes and do a bit every day according to the plan.

So I just start on it either 1) when it's high time to start, or 2) just feel like it's a good time to start, or 3) I follow my plan. Option 2) is the rarest.

I get out of bed because 1) I have to go do something and be on time 2) I like to feel good with having a good sleep schedule so with a good sleep schedule I actually like to get up in the morning.

I do not activate my "Determination-ON mode". It's always ON except if I wind down to rest.

All in all: I think my triggers are: 1) High time to do it, have to be ON TIME 2) My plan dictates the timing +1 Ingrained habits help too with requiring less discipline to do the task.

And then I just do the task. I do not need to consciously raise motivation or energy for it... for having to be on time the feeling of urgency will take care of that.

With executing my actual plans I'm more calm and content, no urgency, and again no extra energy or motivation is required, I just simply rely on structure, discipline and routine (and possibly ingrained habits too)

3.- A brief redacted example about a real situation where you rised your energy in order to perform and complete a task (optional)
    I was very tired but I had to do a big, and urgent work task anyway... so I just stayed up, willed myself to accept that I was just gonna have to go through a few hours of hard work at late night, like I was gonna have to suck it up, and then I just did it, I started and got my working memory filled with all the details of the task in the next hour, then I stayed on track and completed it. I think my energy was only noticeably (to me) higher at the time of decision, so it felt higher (to me) only for a few seconds and after that I just continuously channelled all my energy into the task using discipline.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seeking it View Post

My type is beta ST in any model. Model G or not, beta ST, ambiverted subtype. 100% sure

If you need me to pick then LSI > SLE

All in all: I think my triggers are: 1) High time to do it, have to be ON TIME 2) My plan dictates the timing +1 Ingrained habits help too with requiring less discipline to do the task.

Such a nice and complete reply. Thank you!

From what you say, I completely agree on LSI. Your triggers are time-related, and that correlates very nice with the launcher/triggering function of the LSI: Temporal Intuition (Ni) and the Balanced-Stable way of working of the LSI.

If you monitor the time, plan your tasks with anticipation, foresee what you will do... That's using Temporal Intuition, and it triggers your command function Ti which triggers your creative function Si, etc, etc, etc. Here's the source of your energy and motivation to complete any tasks.

Thanks again for the response

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a nice and complete reply. Thank you!

From what you say, I completely agree on LSI. Your triggers are time-related, and that correlates very nice with the launcher/triggering function of the LSI: Temporal Intuition (Ni) and the Balanced-Stable way of working of the LSI.

If you monitor the time, plan your tasks with anticipation, foresee what you will do... That's using Temporal Intuition, and it triggers your command function Ti which triggers your creative function Si, etc, etc, etc. Here's the source of your energy and motivation to complete any tasks.

Thanks again for the response
    No problem, glad to give you a datapoint.

Thank you too for your analysis. I agree with a lot of this. Just one thing, so executing my plans and doing tasks that need detail-oriented focus do match with Balanced-Stable Ij temperament yea. When I do something urgent and of the kind of task that does not require so many logical or other details, especially if responding in an emergency situation (which I do enjoy doing too), then that feels like I'm more Ep-ish (also part of my day feels like Ep), do you have anything to say about that too? Of course that's no longer just about performing duties, but I'm curious

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem, glad to give you a datapoint.

Thank you too for your analysis. I agree with a lot of this. Just one thing, so executing my plans and doing tasks that need detail-oriented focus do match with Balanced-Stable Ij temperament yea. When I do something urgent and of the kind of task that does not require so many logical or other details, especially if responding in an emergency situation (which I do enjoy doing too), then that feels like I'm more Ep-ish (also part of my day feels like Ep), do you have anything to say about that too? Of course that's no longer just about performing duties, but I'm curious
    Very nice question. Temperaments are not definitive. Your personality type does show a tendency of having one temperament over another if you analize yourself from a global pov. However, note that the subtype DOES change slightly your temperament and can make you appear one or another, since temperaments are associated with functions and functions are associated with subtypes.

The dominant subtype correlates with linear-assertive. Creative with flexible-maneuvering. Normalizing with balanced-stable. Harmonizing with Receptive-Adaptive.

If you are a LSI, the basic description of LSI by default will resemble to a Normalizing subtype, in which the accentuated functions are Comfort Sensisng (Si) and Logic (Ti). However, life demands the individual to adapt to the context which life randomly creates, that struggle-facing or addaption is what define the strongest subtype in you, since you're forced to use X or Y functions more than others, they may not be your "strongest" ones.

Note that even if you're, for example let's say, a SEI-Dominant and people see some linear-assertive behaviour, that is not part of your core. From an holistic point of view, you should be able to see an accentuation of receptive-adaptive temperament in that SEI-D.

What's really important is to introspect and observe which temperament is more notable in you in general.

An important note is also to observe how you behave externally (when surrounded by friends, classmates, in the street, in the bar, etc) and internally (with your family, in your house, in your room). Usually extraverts will behave in a slightly intraverted way when alone and Intraverts vice versa. If externally you behave like an LSI, then most likely you're an LSI, since his external functions are intraverted: Ti+Si+Fi+Ni, and the internal functions are: Se+Fe+Ne+Te.

But don't think that when being in a internal context, when performing a task which require decision-making you will use the internal functions. No, you will use your decision making fucntions. For example Ti+ (If you're LSI)

Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by Reaktor; 01-24-2023 at 11:23 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know why your tone is so authoritative and condescending when you don't have the proper credentials, not that something like socionics should ever be a valid excuse to behave that way anyhow. It would be better to simply ask us how we think we get our energy and then you can decipher it socionically if you want.

You're acting like the fat bitch at the prom with a clipboard. You can't control how other people respond like that. Maybe it's my Te polr but I'm not going to do your resume like an obedient lab rat. Fuck off. Yes, I'm sure people will listen to you because you bolded words and used the underlined feature! lolol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I allow other people to talk to me like this if they are giving me money. You're not giving me money so you're not allowed to talk this way.

Eh, communism.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    I allow other people to talk to me like this if they are giving me money. You're not giving me money so you're not allowed to talk this way.

Eh, communism.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Although I don't think it's the right place to do so. I recommend you to visit a psychologist or even a psychiatrist so they can help you and diagnose you properly. If you want to keep replying and continuing with your drama, go on and make fun of yourself. This will be my last interaction with you ever, hopefully. I won't answer again since I'm not willing to lose my time.

An important note is that this post is aimed for people that study model g seriously, not for you in particular. And it's completely optional to answer.

Good luck and I really hope that one day you will be able to read things and interact with people from a healthy point of view, not through a lens of negativity and defensiveness.

TIM
    LII-Ne H
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    I don't know why your tone is so authoritative and condescending when you don't have the proper credentials, not that something like socionics should ever be a valid excuse to behave that way anyhow. It would be better to simply ask us how we think we get our energy and then you can decipher it socionically if you want.

You're acting like the fat bitch at the prom with a clipboard. You can't control how other people respond like that. Maybe it's my Te polr but I'm not going to do your resume like an obedient lab rat. Fuck off. Yes, I'm sure people will listen to you because you bolded words and used the underlined feature! lolol.
    genuinely where did this come from
    “You'll feel safest of all, you can only receive, it'll keep you stable for days in cars.”
    —me as Gary Numan as a therapist

-Ne
    5w4 514 so/sp

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essential Note: I'm only interested in answers from the Model G perspective. If you don't use Model G, don't like it or simply don't know it yet, please don't bother in answering this post. Your answer won't be relevant to me, although you can still share your thoughts, of course.
    I'm a little confused here. It sounds like we can share our thoughts if we want to, but that they won't be taken seriously.

I procrastinate until I feel like doing work, or do work when it's necessary. I don't use any triggers to get motivated. I have ISTJ/INFP characteristics according to MBTI (mainly Beebe shadow mode theory), and Se PoLR characteristics according to Socionics descriptions. I don't fit the definition for MBTI Ni (I don't like metaphors or poetry, make complex long term plans, have reliable gut feelings/intuitions, or get "Aha!" insights (at least I don't think I usually do)). I'm cautious and don't like adventuring in the physical world, but have a strange attraction to small amounts of danger (such as earthquakes or defensive lockdowns). Throughout my life, I would detach from the physical world and imagine things (interesting scenarios/hypotheticals that usually involved interactions between people) to pass the time. I don't usually like emotional expression.

An example of how I get motivated to do tasks is that once, I had a few months to do a history paper. Because I never feel like doing projects immediately, I procrastinated until a month before it was due. As usual, I comfortably finished the project and got an acceptable grade (I think I completed it a week or a few days before the due date). Before the last month, I remember being aware of the time left before the last month started, and remember feeling like I was gearing up for it.

If it's relevant, my alignment in DnD's alignment system is probably Lawful Neutral. I typed myself as that alignment because I like good people and don't like evil, but I'm not altruistic/strongly ethical and sometimes believe that cold or inhumane actions are necessary for society (I can be cold about this according to other people). I also don't like chaos and unpredictability, and like to honor my agreements. Early in my life, I supported or understood authoritarian societies. I think that the only reason I don't support them now is because I believe that a good (functional) authoritarian system isn't actually logically possible.

Edit (Last Edited 1/31/23, 9:05 am GMT): If it helps, I also strongly believe in justice. There's some cases where I'd probably rather redeem a criminal than punish them, but I guess as a societal policy I'd rather have them punished. I usually believe that redeeming criminals isn't realistic.
    Last edited by Clarke; 01-31-2023 at 08:05 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EII

I suffer from Hashimotos disease so energy can be a real problem for me as an EII but in remembering my old self as soon as I was told to do something it would take me an instance to jump to it and do it now being robbed of energy I try my best to jump to it and get it done. The problem with me is that there are tasks I just don’t like doing like cleaning and tidying up. I don’t like it but it’s a necessary thing so I dedicate time to do it as far into the future I can
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    EII

I suffer from Hashimotos disease so energy can be a real problem for me as an EII but in remembering my old self as soon as I was told to do something it would take me an instance to jump to it and do it now being robbed of energy I try my best to jump to it and get it done. The problem with me is that there are tasks I just don’t like doing like cleaning and tidying up. I don’t like it but it’s a necessary thing so I dedicate time to do it as far into the future I can
    that EII i told u about also suffers from either that or some other thyroid issue. so did my LII teacher. i think it is type related and type related to genes
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    that EII i told u about also suffers from either that or some other thyroid issue. so did my LII teacher. i think it is type related and type related to genes
    My ESI cousin and her mom both have Hashimotos and my IEI cousin has Graves thyroiditis so it being an autoimmune maybe genetic not related to the genes that determine type lol
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    My ESI cousin and her mom both have Hashimotos and my IEI cousin has Graves thyroiditis so it being an autoimmune maybe genetic not related to the genes that determine type lol
    type should be determined by many. so u have genes that in combination with both ur parents make EII, but the ones who are carrying the hashimoto's are ones that are more EII.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    type should be determined by many. so u have genes that in combination with both ur parents make EII, but the ones who are carrying the hashimoto's are ones that are more EII.
    I understand that you really want to see a pattern there but I honestly just don’t see one
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice question. Temperaments are not definitive. Your personality type does show a tendency of having one temperament over another if you analize yourself from a global pov. However, note that the subtype DOES change slightly your temperament and can make you appear one or another, since temperaments are associated with functions and functions are associated with subtypes.

The dominant subtype correlates with linear-assertive. Creative with flexible-maneuvering. Normalizing with balanced-stable. Harmonizing with Receptive-Adaptive.

If you are a LSI, the basic description of LSI by default will resemble to a Normalizing subtype, in which the accentuated functions are Comfort Sensisng (Si) and Logic (Ti). However, life demands the individual to adapt to the context which life randomly creates, that struggle-facing or addaption is what define the strongest subtype in you, since you're forced to use X or Y functions more than others, they may not be your "strongest" ones.

Note that even if you're, for example let's say, a SEI-Dominant and people see some linear-assertive behaviour, that is not part of your core. From an holistic point of view, you should be able to see an accentuation of receptive-adaptive temperament in that SEI-D.

What's really important is to introspect and observe which temperament is more notable in you in general.

An important note is also to observe how you behave externally (when surrounded by friends, classmates, in the street, in the bar, etc) and internally (with your family, in your house, in your room). Usually extraverts will behave in a slightly intraverted way when alone and Intraverts vice versa. If externally you behave like an LSI, then most likely you're an LSI, since his external functions are intraverted: Ti+Si+Fi+Ni, and the internal functions are: Se+Fe+Ne+Te.

But don't think that when being in a internal context, when performing a task which require decision-making you will use the internal functions. No, you will use your decision making fucntions. For example Ti+ (If you're LSI)

Hope this helps you.
    Thanks, I think I can see how I default to Ij where there's a lot of Ep-ish stuff too when I need to get things sorted out fast and I get into a rush and get very decisive etc but more up-down with energy than Ej in that mode. I don't really like thinking of myself as just Ij or "balanced-stable" or any of that, tho', for sure... I need both for some reason (both at home and outside too).

If I just take the words from the subtype labels you mentioned, I would be a... "balanced-stable" person by default and I easily enter into an... "assertive-maneuvering" seeming mode, which is slightly "linear" seeming too. That is, assertive & maneuvering on top of being linear, so that it's actually being linear is not that visible. So it's like, "(linear-)assertive-maneuvering". (And my being balanced and stable is still all underneath somewhere these visible parts as I do not really lose my head, very hard for me to truly lose it)

You could say the linear, assertive, maneuvering thing, is an accentuation for sure yes. A strong accentuation one at that, but yeah not my actual default.

I think I am DC in DCNH
    Last edited by seeking it; 02-08-2023 at 11:36 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I would like to hear from you what exactly you do in order to trigger/rise your energy, so you can perform a task which you don't want to do, but need to do.
    The main conscious motivation goes from 1-2 functions, as it's the main content of the consciousness.
    / Socionics Captain Obvious

> I'm only interested in answers from the Model G perspective

it's "General Socionics Discussion"
    and so the answers should be from Jung types point

The other problem - types which people think for them are often wrong. So your "study" would be useless even if used adequate types theory.

> Regards, Reaktor.

yeah. F type you have

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

yeah. F type you have
    Omg typing based on three emojis

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Omg typing based on three emojis
    Many smiles in a row - is important. Logical type would use a single or no.
    + "Regards, Reaktor"
    Taking the whole situation, - good F type chance. Too many useless emotions and of personal attention for the same task.

And I read him some before to evaluate the strenght of his logics.

P.S. It needs an experience to understand what behavior traits are significantly linked with types traits.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ "Regards, Reaktor"
    Taking the whole situation, - good F type chance. Too many useless emotions and of personal attention for the same task.

P.S. It needs an experience to understand what behavior traits are significantly linked with types traits.

You're a big smoke seller. Ah, and btw. Three emoji were used in order to form a little row and give harmony to the structure of the message. That would be right spinner > left spinner (in this particular context). Gave you a hint. Stop trying to read the sand or your own shit and start using your brain a bit. Common sense.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

+ "Regards, Reaktor"

What if his computer was broken and have many smiles in a row and he couldn’t stop it
    -