TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    She’s ESI
    How do you know. She hasn't provided any evidence besides these apparent comparisons, and the other thread where she criticized each of the types. Neither prove she is ESI.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    How do you know. She hasn't provided any evidence besides these apparent comparisons, and the other thread where she criticized each of the types. Neither prove she is ESI.
    Just read what she writes about herself
    Not what you think an ESI should be
    She is ESI
    And she doesn’t have to prove anything to you
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read what she writes about herself
    Not what you think an ESI should be
    She is ESI
    And she doesn’t have to prove anything to you
    She doesn't have to, but I won't believe she is unless she does. If she doesn't care, I don't either, so, so be it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She doesn't have to, but I won't believe she is unless she does. If she doesn't care, I don't either, so, so be it.
    You can believe whatever you want and that’s not the point of this thread so if you don’t believe her ignore her instead of trashing her thread. Obviously she took great care in this write up
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can believe whatever you want and that’s not the point of this thread so if you don’t believe her ignore her instead of trashing her thread. Obviously she took great care in this write up
    Will do. Just wanted to cast some doubt on her self-typing.

Note to everyone: mistrust anybody who shows up with a gamma self-typing ! (Including me)

No gamma should self-type, I do due to some defiant streak I have, but if you are a gamma, you shouldn't !

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Note to everyone: mistrust anybody who shows up with a gamma self-typing ! (Including me)

No gamma should self-type, I do due to some defiant streak I have, but if you are a gamma, you shouldn't !
    And she addressed that with every functional breakdown and yet she still doesn’t seem to meet some ideal
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-25-2023 at 03:26 PM.
    -

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And she addressed that with every functional breakdown and yet she stills doesn’t seem to meet some ideal
    How do you know that's the problem I have?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How do you know that's the problem I have?
    Why do you think that you’re the only one who can come up with logical reasoning ?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

“ No gamma should self-type, I do due to some defiant streak I have, but if you are a gamma, you shouldn't !”

You should
    A rule
    Of law
    That I don’t abide by
    -

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think that you’re the only one who can come up with logical reasoning ?
    I don't think that. I think in fact that the writings Elmira has made in her threads are pretty good logical analyses. What I'm merely stating is: she hasn't provided any evidence that she is ESI. Evidence such as tests results or VI material. You could count this thread as evidence, but another type (non ESI) could also have made this analysis.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't think that. I think in fact that the writings Elmira has made in her threads are pretty good logical analyses. What I'm merely stating is: she hasn't provided any evidence that she is ESI. Evidence such as tests results or VI material. You could count this thread as evidence, but another type (non ESI) could also have made this analysis.
    Do you have evidence for declaring yourself LIE?
    -

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have evidence for declaring yourself LIE?
    I can provide test results for any test of your choice.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can provide test results for any test of your choice.
    They are very subjective and how do I know you weren’t fudging with the results by selecting answers that did not match your own real objective personality
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmira View Post
    https://youtu.be/pB4si1DWJ5g

My sister shared this video with me and said it's our dynamic.
    I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write out your interaction from the perspective of each and every function. I was considering doing the same with my ESE sister. We have a very warm relationship with one another, sometimes her Fe pushes me down the hole when my emotions don’t emerge in quite the same way as she needs to see it. I had what was called functioning depression and was seeking treatment sometime ago but seeing how I was still warmly interacting with my family members made her push back at me saying that I was not depressed. She pushed me in her attack so far as to get me to cry because I was so frustrated that what she associated with depression was a total physical detachment from life’s happenings and I wasn’t behaving as such externally. In my weakest moment she found a way to try to get me to prove that this was real depression. When I started to exhibit emotions my LSI brother in law asked her to give up on pushing me to try to get me to deny this wasn’t a form of depression because he saw through his own Fi our own relationship value and he didn’t want to fray our relationship bond over my my sister’s relentless pursuit
    -

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are very subjective
    Very few people are going to answer a test incorrectly for this reason.

and how do I know you weren’t fudging with the results by selecting answers that did not match your own real objective personality
    Why would I do that?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why would I do that?

Ethics
    Fi "Relation" - FiNe, FiSe
    Relations exist between people and things of differing bonds of attraction or repulsion.

Fi observes personal attraction and repulsion between people and things, the boundaries of relationships created between people, and how those relationships are in relation to other bonds created in a great web of interpersonal relational tactics, rules, limits, etc. Fi analyzes the levels of personal attraction or repulsion that creates these bonds.“
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why would I do that?
    Now that you have the definition of Fi what about her description of her intentions between herself and her sister is not Fi
    -

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that you have the definition of Fi what about her description of her intentions between herself and her sister is not Fi
    I know what Fi is. For example, your Fi is different from her supposed Fi because yours is +Fi, which tries to identify the intentions of a person.

It does seem Fi, but many types have Fi and that does not prove that she is ESI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I know what Fi is. For example, your Fi is different from her supposed Fi because yours is +Fi, which tries to identify the intentions of a person.

It does seem Fi, but many types have Fi and that does not prove that she is ESI.
    Ok so instead of disqualifying her as Fi look for the other functions which she points to all of them here
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write out your interaction from the perspective of each and every function. I was considering doing the same with my ESE sister. We have a very warm relationship with one another, sometimes her Fe pushes me down the hole when my emotions don’t emerge in quite the same way as she needs to see it. I had what was called functioning depression and was seeking treatment sometime ago but seeing how I was still warmly interacting with my family members made her push back at me saying that I was not depressed. She pushed me in her attack so far as to get me to cry because I was so frustrated that what she associated with depression was a total physical detachment from life’s happenings and I wasn’t behaving as such externally. In my weakest moment she found a way to try to get me to prove that this was real depression. When I started to exhibit emotions my LSI brother in law asked her to give up on pushing me to try to get me to deny this wasn’t a form of depression because he saw through his own Fi our own relationship value and he didn’t want to fray our relationship bond over my my sister’s relentless pursuit
    Fe-Fi relations can be difficult. I had a few similar experiences with my family members, especially when I was younger.
    I often thought "why risk harming our relationship for temporary, fleeting emotions," and later find out that people don't have a clue how I feel most of the time because I don't express them. IME, it was my eldest sister, an LSI, who would undermine my emotions because I "wasn't acting like it." My old LSI best friend would do this too.

At the time, my younger sister shared this to me, she was also creating a resume. I had asked how was her progress and she went on a full vent that I can't even recount because I zoned out during it. Once she was done, I mumbled "ok" and walked away. I guess she shared the video to me to lightheartedly show how unresponsive and seemingly unaffected I am by her emotions.

I would love to see a comparison between your sister and you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmira View Post
    Fe-Fi relations can be difficult. I had a few similar experiences with my family members, especially when I was younger.
    I often thought "why risk harming our relationship for temporary, fleeting emotions," and later find out that people don't have a clue how I feel most of the time because I don't express them. IME, it was my eldest sister, an LSI, who would undermine my emotions because I "wasn't acting like it." My old LSI best friend would do this too.

At the time, my younger sister shared this to me, she was also creating a resume. I had asked how was her progress and she went on a full vent that I can't even recount because I zoned out during it. Once she was done, I mumbled "ok" and walked away. I guess she shared the video to me to lightheartedly show how unresponsive and seemingly unaffected I am by her emotions.

I would love to see a comparison between your sister and you.
    I'm writing it up now and will tag you.
    -

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

writing style more reminiscent of rationals'
    when thinking about the restrained behaviour, Fi introvert is not at all excluded from consideration. the formality & relative inexpressiveness - in writing, at least - is within the bounds of those types, though not common as such. taking the somewhat structured approach to evaluating that relationship into account as well, a logical type is a distinct possibility: LSI, for example

a video would be interesting, as has been said. maybe you'll receive opinions which - at least by the novelty of the data you present for typing and the quantity of opinions - could lead to a more correct evaluation of your type and ITR situation
    Last edited by nifl; 02-28-2023 at 12:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12