Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Gulenko Ruined Socionics

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    I wasn't able to find anything myself. Do you happen to have a direct source on you?
    Sorry, Eglit.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...tions_by_Eglit

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by born2simp View Post
    Are his personality descriptions less “cringey and unsettling”?
    I think his literal torture manual is less cringey and unsettling!

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    I think his literal torture manual is less cringey and unsettling!
    I thought Model T was for Talanov, not Torture
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by born2simp View Post
    I thought Model T was for Talanov, not Torture
    Model G is for Gequält. Remember, Gulenko studied Germanistik!

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In german, you would say 'Gequältes Modell', not 'Modell gequält', that doesn't make much sense. Both don't sound that great.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    In german, you would say 'Gequältes Modell', not 'Modell gequält', that doesn't make much sense. Both don't sound that great.
    False, you would say Modell gequält if you were a classical German author using poetic license like Gulenko would've studied in Germanistik.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Gulenko tries sneakly to fuse together socionics and mbti, even though mbti is wrong and over-simplified on many levels. And what is that thing about people getting wrong concepts in his face and spreading misinformation and he does nothing about it, he just smiles and go like "yeah... well... I suppose...". Also, why does he charge the equivalent of a Bachellor's degree for just 10 lessons? So much for claiming Alphas to be democratic and against Gammas capitalists such as Trump.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is ruined regardless of Gulenko
    Souls know their way back home

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Having official socionics celebrities like Gulenko
    There is one "official socionics celebrity" - Augustinavichiute.

She'd could to make certifications to have other ones formally, but seems she did not. Types was her interest to research. Probably, with the understanding lack of experimental proof, weak places of the theory and practical problems she was not interested seriously to organise typology usage. While without practical usage a certification has a small sense. Mb in some moment she tryied to check how good her close followers identify types - this could show how big is the problem of accuracy and so to do not go further.

Her idea about complementing/opposing functions and IR theory was good input to Jung types. Who will identify types correctly of people near may notice IR as working. Normal experiment to prove IR, which would be evaluated as objective, needs significant efforts and so no one has done it, at least with the quality enough to be accepted as convincing proof and so to be wide known.

Socionics is not ruined. It just did not show the objective basis to be trusted highly in how it's used now. It has kept speculative and hypothetical status, which had from the start. High typing disagreements between people with an experience only has supported this opinion. Socionics as a theory (in its basics) is not disproved. Typers which have typing disagreements are not obligately both are bad in typing. That _average_ situation is not good have become more noticable as Internet, with more data exchange, has made easier to show this - of how often people mistake, and disagree with each other.
    What happens is common for speculative approach to a knowledge to not be a big surprise. Doubtful theories, doubtful data for typing, doubtful interpretations of this data. All this was on the surface for the ones who thinks and has some education to be critical to hypotheses and speculative usage of those. What surprises, that despite the astrology-alike bedlam, typing matches are clearly above accidental and some hypotheses work in subjective watching. So the principles of Socionics can be correct, while problems to be in secondary theory and practical application.

As for Gulenko. He did the similar what did many ones, which also had the experience and some public prominence. It's for English talkers Gulenko may seem as more meaningful, as his fans were very active on English sites.

Jung types are popular in usage still. Even in existing bad state. Stay chances for experimental proof for IR and other, after what the typology train would move to mass usage.
    If to take activity factor. It on concrete resources could decrease. This may be because of spreading people between more number of sites and talking groups, which appeared in more quantity. When many people seriously trust even to astrology, then psychology hypotheses will have the interest too.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's not supposed to be a socionics establishment. The point of socionicizing is to say that the world would be a better place if you were in charge and thumb your nose at the so-called "experts." Having official socionics celebrities like Gulenko kind of defeats the point of that, especially if the official socionics celebrities type people the same types over and over instead of letting people use their purported types to try to explain why they're right about things and other people are wrong and why they don't get along with different people. Despite socionics being grouped with MBTI and enneagram, the purposes of all three systems are rather different. The purpose of socionics is basically an opposition to "science experts" who tell people what to do expressed through claiming you know how people should really organize societies better than they do. Enneagram is basically pseudo-religion focused on a specific idea of original sin and how to repent. MBTI is a way for corporations to get people to talk about themselves and see how good at lying they are in order to qualify for positions and promotions.

So no, no one wants a purported socionics expert sorting everyone into a couple of common types. That completely defeats the purpose of socionics.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    Also, Gulenko tries sneakly to fuse together socionics and mbti, even though mbti is wrong and over-simplified on many levels. And what is that thing about people getting wrong concepts in his face and spreading misinformation and he does nothing about it, he just smiles and go like "yeah... well... I suppose...". Also, why does he charge the equivalent of a Bachellor's degree for just 10 lessons? So much for claiming Alphas to be democratic and against Gammas capitalists such as Trump.
    I agree. IMO, nowadays Model G is no longer a Jungian model.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gulenko is such an opp. although i do like a few of his contributions, he sorta took over the whole thing and i find parts of his conjectures pretty off. i think its gulenko that purports the stereotypes, and i find his subtyping system unclear. someone else in the thred said it (@Lycantrope) but yeah it really is true gulenko put MBTI into socionics. theyre not supposed to mix. and its the MBTI jargon that feeds into stereotypes. For my own type for example, it'd be nice not to get conflated iwth the ESTP jock archetype from MBTI. he has nearly monopolised socionics, its like a president but no term limit.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Gulenko's helped invent Socionics. He can invent his own German too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12