Thread: Si and picky eating

Default Si and picky eating

Ever since I was younger, I'm very picky about my food even until now. Throughout my elementary school years, I only consume noodle soup and a few foods I find delicious. It's like I ate food just because of the taste, I overlooked the nutritious benefit a food has for me. As I grew up, my food preferences slightly increase for example, willing to eat boneless chicken and sushi katsu.

I won't eat rice if it isn't fried rice or from my favorite restaurant. My dislike for plain white rice comes from my memory when I throw up after eating rice. From that moment, it's hard for me to eat rice. I even starve myself when there's no option other than white rice and traditional local food which leads to me being sick afterwards. If a food turns cold, I wouldn't eat it besides some exceptions.
    I ate very spicy noodles even if my stomach can't take it solely cuz it taste good and I never regret it.

I used to eat tea leaves, if that isn't weird enough. Every time I want to eat tea leaves, I hide from everyone else. In the end, they found out though. Tea leaves tastes the best following a savoury meal.

Like most ARFID sufferers, I barely eat vegetables. If I do eat fruits it usually consist of bananas, red watermelon, and mangos, nothing more than that.

Can anyone else relate to this?

Where would Si be placed in Model A if a person is an extreme picky eater? Or is it something else?/(Non type related)

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALL PICKY EATERS I KNOW ARE N TYPEs
    FOR THE LAST TIME
    ITS N TYPES
    NOT Si
    its autism
    and dysfunctional family/bad childhood
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    FOR THE LAST TIME
    ITS N TYPES
    NOT Si
    its autism
    Woah okay, suppose it is N types, how would it be manifested in Si PoLR, Si suggestive, Si mobilizing, and Si role?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOR THE LAST TIME
    ITS N TYPES
    NOT Si
    its autism
    TIL that I’m an autistic N type

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    TIL that I’m an autistic N type
    alive just knew

I want to care

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm very picky and promiscuous eater.
    There is a whole list of stuff that I refuse to eat. Yet, I probably tolerate stuff that others do not. Dunno. Something just seems repulsive something has repulsive associations.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son is the pickiest eater I know and is ILI, and was diagnosed on autism spectrum when younger

I was pickier up until maybe 25 and went through a time where I was really broke and it changed my eating habits. Also went through some kind of eating disorder on and off which made me really picky. Now I’m less picky because reasons. It fluctuates.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Is this DA
    Eh, lol. According to some standards I must like garbage. I really really fear some foods. Egg sauce takes the 1st place. I'm clearly no Mr Gastronomy. I think ILIs can be gastronomically inclined. My IEI sister developed a fish food phobia.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it’s due to the person’s Ni associations with random bad things
    Ni is absorptive function (N in general). makes al ot of associations constantly. absorption also means intensifying. experiences form neural networks that mirror and repeat them which also can intensify them and relating to stuff that keeps triggering the connections.

I want to care

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I obviously have preferences, but I’ll happily eat pretty much anything

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to like anything that has an intense savory/sweet/spicy flavor or fatty like an avocado, eggs, nuts, etc.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I meant the way you phrased it btw, not how it is
    What kind of “garbage” food are we talking about, junk food?
    Not necessarily.I mean I like to eat cocoa powder.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well that’s better than I expected. I saw some weird and disgusting food combos on Youtube like pickle + oreos or brownies + ranch
    Ah, you just inspired me to try out new things.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m greedy more than picky/ have a sweet tooth. What type is that commonly associated with? I always remember a thing on the socionics wikipedia where it said ILIs steal food but I’ve never noticed that myself lol. My ILI friend and I did used to enjoy watching films and ordering take out, we’d get really excited. I remember an EIE friend as a teen sort of pressuring me to eat more than her at sleepovers (an ESE once did this at dinner too, so freaky, even though I was telling her I felt sick) I guess LIEs could have some food problems too.

Honestly I probably wouldn’t see it as greedy if I was eating healthy food, but I’ll probably always like some sweet things

maybe I’m a bit like EIE/ILI..EIE wanting to eat lots, ILI not caring enough to stop (depressed ILI). So more like an ILI. Sorry really making the thread about me now

I was def picky as a child btw, and I can survive off quite basic foods, well I suppose it’s basic survival, but I also just sometimes feel like plain foods
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 12-10-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    I’m greedy more than picky/ have a sweet tooth. What type is that commonly associated with? I always remember a thing on the socionics wikipedia where it said ILIs steal food but I’ve never noticed that myself lol. My ILI friend and I did used to enjoy watching films and ordering take out, we’d get really excited. I remember an EIE friend as a teen sort of pressuring me to eat more than her at sleepovers (an ESE once did this at dinner too, so freaky, even though I was telling her I felt sick, think it was a subconscious punishment for asking her difficult questions about what she was reading). I guess LIEs could have some food problems too.

Honestly I probably wouldn’t see it as greedy if I was eating healthy food, but I’ll probably always like some sweet things

maybe I’m a bit like EIE/ILI..EIE wanting to eat lots, ILI not caring enough to stop (depressed ILI). So more like an ILI. Sorry really making the thread about me now

I was def picky as a child btw, and I can survive off quite basic foods, well I suppose it’s basic survival, but I also just sometimes feel like plain foods
    I'm looking for answers too, the reason behind why each Si PoLR, Si suggestive, Si role, Si mobilizing types would be more selective about foods.

Types with 4D, 3D Si probably wouldn't be too picky, or am I wrong?

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S types use more force food is nutrition and affect how ur brain and body works. Ppl Who use force instead of managing that would be less picky and force food down themselves which wiould distort them but they dont care

Its about how it makes u feel. Feelings in a sense is intuition. Gut feelings too.

I want to care

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Not necessarily.I mean I like to eat cocoa powder.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat almost everything my mother cooks. I was easily disgust when I was a kid and there were a lot of stuff that I refused to eat. I'm still easily disgusted but I learned to appreciate one or two dishes I didn't like when I was a kid. I'm still having some issues eating stuff from people I don't know (like for instance my sibling's stepmothers) except when it comes to street food. I'm very observant of the hygiene matter when it comes to street food for instance I keep tracking what the hands of the person who is making me the sandwich (or whatever street food) are doing. Sometimes I see stuff which disgust me in which cases I'll Never return to that street food restaurant again (we call those stuff "snack" in France).

Now That I live alone I eat only 1 time a day. About three times a month I don't eat any proper dish for two or three days other than coffee with milk and my favorite biscuits and cereals. I can cook some of my favorite dishes (I'm pretty good at it actually !) but their are not very sophisticated. The problem is that I'm very lazy and my mind is constantly occupied by other activities so as long as I have my "café au lait" at hand reach I'm ok and don't think about food. However I get a little excited and have the tendency to sing when I prepare something to eat esp if I'm very hungry !

Finally I've always loved overcooked meat esp lamb chops barbecue (I can't do that in my apartment !) I love overcooked bread (like almost black !!). I am an excellent host and when my little sister (or my mother) used to stay for a day or two in my apartment I was in charge of "kitchen matters" because 1) She's kinda clumsy 2) Only I can understand my unorthodox "kitchen" 3) she likes my cooking and 4) I feel responsible because she's my little sister after all ! I appreciate a little help for the minor tasks though. When my mother is here she's the one in charge of course (but I supervise her cuz like I said, my kitchen is a bit weird)! Unfortunately, no family member has spend some time with me since about two years... I'm a freaking hermit hikikomori !!
    Last edited by godslave; 12-10-2022 at 10:03 PM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Ah, you just inspired me to try out new things.
    First I want to say that I used to eat cocoa powder too ahah ! It has been a while since the last time I bought cocoa powder though. Now, there is a mix that I particularly like is to eat spicy food (like oriental ragout) with my (sweet) coffee with milk (cappuccino !).
    When I was kid I liked my pseudo pizza recipe which consisted of a slice of rusk spread with butter, a little concentrated tomato and tuna ! Easy-peasy and delicious !

Last edited by godslave; 12-11-2022 at 12:43 AM. Reason: typo negative !

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOR THE LAST TIME
    ITS N TYPES
    NOT Si
    its autism
    It certainly could be more related to N than Si, I'm not arguing that point, but I don't think that's the only relevant factor. As a counter example, my girlfriend is absolutely an S type, most probably Si at that, and she is much pickier than I am. I'll eat basically anything. I've eaten raw horse, raw whale, anglerfish, eel, sea urchin, jellyfish, natto (fermented beans), and even cod sperm. Meanwhile she won't even eat cinnamon cause it's "spicy" lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this guy a lot ! (Vegans and Vegetarians : Fly, you fools !)

Apparently he has been "canceled" !

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    It certainly could be more related to N than Si, I'm not arguing that point, but I don't think that's the only relevant factor. As a counter example, my girlfriend is absolutely an S type, most probably Si at that, and she is much pickier than I am. I'll eat basically anything. I've eaten raw horse, raw whale, anglerfish, eel, sea urchin, jellyfish, natto (fermented beans), and even cod sperm. Meanwhile she won't even eat cinnamon cause it's "spicy" lol
    ive eaten live maggots in putrid meat that i had to kill with garlic later and butter sticks that made me nauseous for hours while also triggering a gag reflex continuously as i was swishing it in my mouth i know most ppl would have resorted to pills other times ive been told what i ate was too plain or boring i have still been pickier than most ppl and wouldnt eat waht they would. now would she eat smth with cinammon if she had no other choice? is that the only thing shes reluctant to? hwat i did was bc it was do or die and i had a goal to go after but when i had no choice otherwise id just starve

I want to care

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not picky. I don't like eating fast food or low quality food though. As long it's actual cooked food not drowned in sodium and oils for fat American satisfaction then I'll eat anything. Shit even fast food that i just mentioned is good to me. But generally I prefer to eat healthy and clean but that's for mental and physical energy and my gym goals. Not cause I'm picky on taste.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SEI just wanna enjoy good tastes. Like my SEI friend will be sad if we eat at a mediocre restaurant and livid if we eat at an expensive, mediocre restaurant

poor eating habits, like any bad habits can be improved gradually. If I was doomed to be single and support myself forever I would eventually teach myself to be healthier. I became a little healthier after I went to a weight watchers class randomly and read their book. I didn’t take part but I learnt roughly how much I should be eating. Then someone recommended couch to 5k and I learnt to run. Both my brothers are fussy but I think they find particular dishes/cuisines they are keen on and stick to that.

I think your brain changes as you get older- improvement in one area of the brain can trigger something in another part. Interests change, life goals change- food seems more interesting to me now that I care about living more? The thought of cooking for one is so sad to me- I can only make so much effort. I have a bit more money than years ago so I can afford to ‘snack’ in a bit more healthier way.

i still think talking about food is boring, (unless you’re commentating on something in front of you) also I don’t mind it on the forum.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 12-17-2022 at 11:35 AM.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now would she eat smth with cinammon if she had no other choice? is that the only thing shes reluctant to? hwat i did was bc it was do or die and i had a goal to go after but when i had no choice otherwise id just starve
    I mean I wasn't talking about starvation situations or accidentally eating things you didn't mean to. I think most people would eat whatever they had to if it was for pure survival. If situations are dire enough your type is likely pretty irrelevant and you're just running on animal instinct.

But yeah there's quite a few things she doesn't like. I feel like every other day she's like, "Oh, I don't like menma," "Actually I'm not into unagi," "I can't drink that, it's way too sweet," etc. She just in general seems much more sensitive to tastes and textures than me. I feel like I struggle to form opinions about those things sometimes. I'm reasonably sure Si is related to heightened awareness of tastes, textures, etc. however you may be correct in saying that when it comes to *incredibly picky* people they're mostly intuitives. She's not an incredibly picky person. She just seems much more in tune with what she likes and doesn't like culinarily
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐