Thread: How do you heal from bad grades?

Default How do you heal from bad grades?

This thread's topic is related to my inferiority complex post. I can't focus nor concentrate on school studies because I'm too disinterested. I end up learn nothing at school. I try not to pay much attention to my grades, but it's impossible considering it is essential to my future.

I wish the education system could offer more options to students, like students can learn anywhere and anytime by giving them a smartbook. To engage students, lessons should be taught in the form of videos, animations, or any creative media to pique interest in students. In fact, you don't have to give students a smartbook! There's always an app similar to google classroom, right?

I believe education shouldn't be driven by force lest it will overwhelm students and kill the learning process for them.

Or am I being too unrealistic?

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know much about the education systems all over the world, and as someone who’s mostly only familiar with public schooling, I’m not sure what else is available in my country (the US). But I also agree. At least in public education, I feel like students are often too confined to one sole way of learning and doing things. I always did well in school, but I had friends who didn’t do so well through no fault of their own. It made me realize that some people need to learn through methods tailored to them. Not everyone does well in a classroom full of a bunch of other students, having to be inside different classrooms for 7-8 hours a day, from morning to early afternoon.

Some students are visual learners, some are auditory learners, some are kinaesthetic learners, etc. But it goes beyond that. Some just can’t adapt to the schedule of having to get up at 6 or 7 am to go to school everyday. Some can’t learn easily inside a walled-in structure, confined to their seats.

Sadly, many public schools are underfunded. But I always think there’s gotta be something more out there. I guess I’m not really suggesting anything here, but just echoing your sentiments, as I’m not able to come up with anything different that could actually be used in real life. I would like to think that what you’re suggesting wouldn’t be too unrealistic. I think your ideas are neat!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cry a little then go prepare for the next exam