Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Examples of 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D Ni?

  1. #1

    Default Examples of 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D Ni?

    Genuinely curious. Want to hear from you socionics veterans.

  2. #2
    Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    8,340
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    1D um... if this that then I think it is this (sort of uncomfortable or fulfilling to hear about it)
    2D ...crap there is more to this but I'm too tired (sort of comfort reaching solution but resistance can be high)
    3D OK, ok... I see (it should introduce minor discomfort and likely an obsession)
    4D I'm on top of this (flexes this automatically with very little problem)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

    Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

  3. #3
    Rusal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    1D um... if this that then I think it is this (sort of uncomfortable or fulfilling to hear about it)
    2D ...crap there is more to this but I'm too tired (sort of comfort reaching solution but resistance can be high)
    3D OK, ok... I see (it should introduce minor discomfort and likely an obsession)
    4D I'm on top of this (flexes this automatically with very little problem)
    How does your 3D Ni cause you that minor discomfort?
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

  4. #4
    Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    8,340
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    How does your 3D Ni cause you that minor discomfort?
    I'm going to answer this as how I see Si in XSE. They watch other's physical discomfort and are ready to act. So translate this to Ni. It means being aware of developing trends that they can turn over.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

    Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

  5. #5
    they/them Kindness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    TIM
    Ne-IEE-H
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unvalued 4D Ni is absolutely nuts. It just goes everywhere, perhaps an unconscious obsession.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    4D I'm on top of this (flexes this automatically with very little problem)

    LII friend has future vision (predicts random events that will happen, predicts when events will happen, predicts when is the right time to do something, particularly waking up).
    LII had a stray thought about an artwork of his that would get picked up by the algorithm and popular a few months previous to actually creating it. That example is potentially a self-fulfilling prophecy, as you have a degree of control over whether something goes viral .. but not really.


    EII friend has past vision (predicts random events that have happened, or predicts the reason for future random events happening).
    They had a dream that their boyfriend picked up a dog he found on the side of the road and reunited it with its owner. Later that day, their boyfriend texts them about doing just that.
    They had a stray thought that their coach will be missing from practice because she has to take care of a friend who just gave birth. At practice that day, she is missing for that exact reason.
    According to them, they undeliberately generate a lot of such past-prediction thoughts, and only a few of them ever come true. But I think it's pretty crazy the level of exhaustivity their mind creates (Ne->Ni) to even be able to imagine and articulate such things.

    Neither LII or EII friend are particularly able to consciously wield or apply 4D Ni at all times/to their practical benefit, which I chalk up to a lack of practice or an unwillingness to. It seems like it either comes out for really important things or really random things. On top of that though there is also just failures with other IEs, I have been told many times by LII that "it's not the right time" for something without much force or articulation. Overall he has a hard time getting people to listen to him. Meanwhile EII friend often does not trust their own reasons for doing things.

    That being said, LII friend's sense of "the right time" has always been borne out, and EII friend can schedule their day down to the hour. So I think it really has to do with weaknesses in the other IEs.




    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    3D OK, ok... I see (it should introduce minor discomfort and likely an obsession)
    As for me, 3D unvalued Ni does mean obsessing over the future and also "what things are" constantly. I have a rough outline of my future on the day, week, and month basis and a general sense of what I want to do with my time. I have a few daily habits I seek to upkeep at some point in the day, but past that, my overall idea of my daily routine changes every few days. Unlike my EII friend, I am absolutely unable to guarantee sticking to an hourly schedule.

    Scheduling events in the abstract ("hey, wanna go to the bar sometime?" etc) stresses me out until I can nail them to fixed points in time ("sure, how about 8 on Wednesday"), so I've learned to do this as quickly as possible, even if I don't actually know when the best time would be and am just throwing darts at the wall, because having a fixed time-date, any time-date, allows me to work around or adjust the event. Without something determinate, the event feels everywhere and nowhere at once, and I have imprecise, effectively useless intuition as to when it will actually happen. I've had conflict with LII and ILI over this, both of whom find my demands for determined times exhausting and unnatural. SEI friend (2D, unvalued) gets along really well with it though. She has a notably solid daily routine (wakes up and goes to bed at the same time every day) and does not experience stress scheduling events outside of needing decent advance warning.

    So, in summary, there is an impulsive and arbitrary quality to my way of scheduling things that is ultimately exploratory, because I don't really have a "formula" that I can calculate, conscious or not, that is guaranteed to work or be carried out, unlike 4D users.
    "The emperor of the South Sea was called Shu [Brief], the emperor of the North Sea was called Hu [Sudden], and the emperor of the central region was called Hun-tun [Chaos]. Shu and Hu from time to time came together for a meeting in the territory of Hun-tun, and Hun-tun treated them very generously. Shu and Hu discussed how they could repay his kindness. "All men," they said, "have seven openings so they can see, hear, eat, and breathe. But Hun-tun alone doesn't have any. Let's trying boring him some!" Every day they bored another hole, and on the seventh day Hun-tun died."

  6. #6
    Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    8,340
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindness View Post
    Unvalued 4D Ni is absolutely nuts. It just goes everywhere, perhaps an unconscious obsession.




    LII friend has future vision (predicts random events that will happen, predicts when events will happen, predicts when is the right time to do something, particularly waking up).
    LII had a stray thought about an artwork of his that would get picked up by the algorithm and popular a few months previous to actually creating it. That example is potentially a self-fulfilling prophecy, as you have a degree of control over whether something goes viral .. but not really.


    EII friend has past vision (predicts random events that have happened, or predicts the reason for future random events happening).
    They had a dream that their boyfriend picked up a dog he found on the side of the road and reunited it with its owner. Later that day, their boyfriend texts them about doing just that.
    They had a stray thought that their coach will be missing from practice because she has to take care of a friend who just gave birth. At practice that day, she is missing for that exact reason.
    According to them, they undeliberately generate a lot of such past-prediction thoughts, and only a few of them ever come true. But I think it's pretty crazy the level of exhaustivity their mind creates (Ne->Ni) to even be able to imagine and articulate such things.

    Neither LII or EII friend are particularly able to consciously wield or apply 4D Ni at all times/to their practical benefit, which I chalk up to a lack of practice or an unwillingness to. It seems like it either comes out for really important things or really random things. On top of that though there is also just failures with other IEs, I have been told many times by LII that "it's not the right time" for something without much force or articulation. Overall he has a hard time getting people to listen to him. Meanwhile EII friend often does not trust their own reasons for doing things.

    That being said, LII friend's sense of "the right time" has always been borne out, and EII friend can schedule their day down to the hour. So I think it really has to do with weaknesses in the other IEs.






    As for me, 3D unvalued Ni does mean obsessing over the future and also "what things are" constantly. I have a rough outline of my future on the day, week, and month basis and a general sense of what I want to do with my time. I have a few daily habits I seek to upkeep at some point in the day, but past that, my overall idea of my daily routine changes every few days. Unlike my EII friend, I am absolutely unable to guarantee sticking to an hourly schedule.

    Scheduling events in the abstract ("hey, wanna go to the bar sometime?" etc) stresses me out until I can nail them to fixed points in time ("sure, how about 8 on Wednesday"), so I've learned to do this as quickly as possible, even if I don't actually know when the best time would be and am just throwing darts at the wall, because having a fixed time-date, any time-date, allows me to work around or adjust the event. Without something determinate, the event feels everywhere and nowhere at once, and I have imprecise, effectively useless intuition as to when it will actually happen. I've had conflict with LII and ILI over this, both of whom find my demands for determined times exhausting and unnatural. SEI friend (2D, unvalued) gets along really well with it though. She has a notably solid daily routine (wakes up and goes to bed at the same time every day) and does not experience stress scheduling events outside of needing decent advance warning.

    So, in summary, there is an impulsive and arbitrary quality to my way of scheduling things that is ultimately exploratory, because I don't really have a "formula" that I can calculate, conscious or not, that is guaranteed to work or be carried out, unlike 4D users.
    I see. It is very hard for me to communicate in written static form (not to cancel myself etc). Things tend to become very complicated especially when there exists very little room for new approaches.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

    Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

  7. #7
    I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Where North meets South
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Posts
    1,384
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think dimentionality is real anymore but it should be something like this:
    1D: last time I had this feeling, someone at my workplace died.
    2D: *looking for signs from the universe*, The power above is always working for your best outcome.
    3D: "people are places and places are people"
    4D: "he's the victim too", "I watch this plant grow as it looks at me and makes me a different person"
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

  8. #8
    Hot Scalding Gayser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The evolved form of Warm Soapy Water
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    14,931
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    1D Ni = not realizing how long something is really gonna take and then feeling overwhelmed and overworked that u over extended yourself and there isn't enough time to get it done. Also, psychoanalyzing people poorly or badly. U think ppl are more evil than they really are or more good than they really are... yet with 4D Se and/or Te ur always overly confident about sharing your opinion anyway. u are naive and kinda helpless in this sense.

    2D Ni = Idk ur just mediocre with it? Being in the middle is no fun Ned!

    3D Ni = Well idk much either. 3D functions are like the functions ur the most 'manipulative' with- like I can see LIE using Ni in that sense for their own business.

    4D Ni = Knowing exactly how time something is gonna take, telling an ESE that there's not enough time to do all that and they do it anyway and don't listen to u- but then cry when they realize u were right. Seeing thru ppl well, when a therapist says "I'm just here to help you" you read between the lines and know that's not the entire truth. Good at sensing people's dark sides, but then ppl accuse u of being a 'victim' if you say that too much, because its like ur allowing other people's dark sides to bother u too much. You shouldn't be a "victim" with that- instead you should just be like everybody else and be fake and ignore it. They are allowed to be offenders, but ur not allowed to be a victim. Their vulnerability is sacred & special, whereas urs is just something you're doing as a play.

    And heaven forbid an IEI give a person a taste of their own medicine.... because we are always wrong and they are always right, I sound like @VewyScawwyNawcissist but it's intentional cuz I like that little nerd.

    This is more evident in IEIs than ILIs because most ppl think emotions are "weaknesses" and logic means ur bad-ass and in control - but still happens with them too. It doesn't mean the 4D Ni person is wrong tho... 4D functions ur always narcissistically correct and strong.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Posts
    2,170
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think my ni broke because I can’t time stuff really- but I know it feels good when I can predict timings, and I think I was good at it as a kid- always did my hw on time etc.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    1D Ni = not realizing how long something is really gonna take and then feeling overwhelmed and overworked that u over extended yourself and there isn't enough time to get it done. Also, psychoanalyzing people poorly or badly. U think ppl are more evil than they really are or more good than they really are... yet with 4D Se and/or Te ur always overly confident about sharing your opinion anyway. u are naive and kinda helpless in this sense.

    2D Ni = Idk ur just mediocre with it? Being in the middle is no fun Ned!

    3D Ni = Well idk much either. 3D functions are like the functions ur the most 'manipulative' with- like I can see LIE using Ni in that sense for their own business.

    4D Ni = Knowing exactly how time something is gonna take, telling an ESE that there's not enough time to do all that and they do it anyway and don't listen to u- but then cry when they realize u were right. Seeing thru ppl well, when a therapist says "I'm just here to help you" you read between the lines and know that's not the entire truth. Good at sensing people's dark sides, but then ppl accuse u of being a 'victim' if you say that too much, because its like ur allowing other people's dark sides to bother u too much. You shouldn't be a "victim" with that- instead you should just be like everybody else and be fake and ignore it. They are allowed to be offenders, but ur not allowed to be a victim. Their vulnerability is sacred & special, whereas urs is just something you're doing as a play.

    And heaven forbid an IEI give a person a taste of their own medicine.... because we are always wrong and they are always right, I sound like @VewyScawwyNawcissist but it's intentional cuz I like that little nerd.

    This is more evident in IEIs than ILIs because most ppl think emotions are "weaknesses" and logic means ur bad-ass and in control - but still happens with them too. It doesn't mean the 4D Ni person is wrong tho... 4D functions ur always narcissistically correct and strong.
    From your description, I can see 1D Ni as a perpetrator to mob justice.

    What if someone has a rich inner life, detached from the world, dabble in ideas, and idealistic but has trouble with predicting how much time an activity is gonna take, do you still consider them to be Ni lead for that matter?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •