Thread: Fi and Religion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi and Religion

So, I know a lot of people think Socionics doesn't work, but I've spent a lot of time figuring it out and it does make sense. But one thing that I guess kind of shocked me is how many Fi creatives are heavy Christians. And I don't know even one Ti leading/creative that is actually a Christian either. They all seem to dislike it for one reason or another.

So what the heck? Why does religion seem to strongly appeal to Fi and not Ti? What's going on here?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

( Muslim not Christian but the same topic )

I don't know how members here type Zakir Naik but he's usually typed as ILE

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some Fi polrs who are interested in religion

Three of them exists in Arab Typology community ( though they rarely participate in it ) and they are religious

Two of them follow a fanatic approach in Islam , one of them argues for hours with different groups: from non-conforming Muslims to Christians to Feminists to Atheists etc , and the other ( with the third ) are more calm and maybe less fanatic compared to the first

Anyway, I know two of them, they are of this kind who believe that men have absolute power over women and have the right to hit them and control them and so on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't know about Zakir Naik. But supposedly here they say LSE http://dm.sakinorva.net/view?id=10861. ILE and LSE can appear similar, so I'm kind of skeptical and don't want this to turn into a "I type this person Ti and they are religious" because a lot of people don't understand Fi or socionics anyway. It's taken me ten years to finally make all of this click and Fi I still don't fully understand; but it's funny cause MBTI had a lot of stereotypes about Fi being personal values and such and like somebody just feels a certain way about things and is prickly and I ignored that because it seemed stupid, but it's actually true from a Ti perspective. And now the relations make sense to me when everyone is typed correctly.

But religion isn't really logical or rational, so maybe that's why Fi.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    Anyway, I know two of them, they are of this kind who believe that men have absolute power over women and have the right to hit them and control them and so on.
    That's interesting. But why/how do they justify this? See this doesn't sound rational to me...sounds like some Fi thing, but I don't know, I'd really like to hear how they think it's okay.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    That's interesting. But why/how do they justify this? See this doesn't sound rational to me...sounds like some Fi thing, but I don't know, I'd really like to hear how they think it's okay.
    I remember when someone explained Beta quadra mentality in the group, he interpreted it based on it

This kind of people follows a sheikh who is known for his constant controversy making

The author of the post says that this Sheikh's views give Beta the hierarchy they want :

1- Muslim men
    2- Muslim women
    3- Christian/Jewish men
    4- Christian/Jewish women
    5- Men from other religions
    6- Females from other religions

The two men I mentioned are both SLEs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that doesn’t explain why the person thinks the hierarchy is of value, why people should accept it, and why it’s justified.

There’s an LSE I work with that holds a similar view that women should belong to men to an extent. But his reasons are that women will cheat and take men for granted and see guys for what they get and not what they can give the guy. They become more selfish and he doesn’t like that. But his reasoning is Fi based. Logically it’s pretty wrong to take someone’s freedom, but have your own.

So Any type can value hierarchy, if it suits their type values. An LSE can and often does when it comes to community Fi values. Actually the reinin aristocratic types are delta as well anyway, so I don’t get how you conclude the sheik is Ti just cause they like hierarchy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I’m going to close this. If people aren’t on my level of socionics, I don’t want to get into typing battles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closing