Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Discerning between LSI and SLI

I designed this quiz for @nifl and @BraveSailorBoy, who are possibly LSI and SLI, but if these are even their types, who is which?

Nifl's response to my original 15 Question Quiz I wrote for him:
    Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    for people who know the theory there isn't much value in taking quizzes like this, since it is easy to consciously and subconsciously skew the answers to the desired or imagined type
    So I got the quiz down to 10 Questions! I edited it down based it on my husband's responses when I read it to him last night. I took out questions that took long to answer.

So here it is, the edited version of the first quiz I ever wrote for anyone on anything. It is simply questions I would put to myself in my own mind when discerning between these two types, since I have known many of both these types in my life and these type-traits stand out clearly in those. I could be all wrong in my type guesses, especially since I certainly do not know nifl and Sailor anywhere near as well as I know the LSIs and SLIs in my life. But I can't learn anything from my quiz-writing efforts unless they take it!

Just 10 questions, nifl! Please don't be mean and ignore my efforts here! Take my quiz!

Pick the most likely answer for you.. Show your answer in any way you see fit, i.e. highlight the answer you choose. Feel free to add in comments or clarifications if you have them.

Mini-Quiz!
    Pick the most likely answer for you.. Show your answer in any way you see fit, i.e. highlight the answer you choose. Feel free to add in comments or clarifications if you have them.

1. Is your desk and/or workshop closer to:
    A) Fairly orderly
    B) Disorganized and messy

2. Which get-together would you enjoy more? One that has:
    A) Loud general jokes and shared laughter, with entertaining persons present
    B) Quiet smiles and people sharing interesting things about each other

3. Do you prefer:
    A) Analyzing realistic characteristics of situations, people, and objects
    B) Analyzing alternative and could-it-be scenarios.

4. Do you enjoy subdued discussions about one person's personal experience, focusing on their own inner feelings?
    A) Not particularly
    B) Yes, I would enjoy this

5. Which job/position in your field of interest would you prefer?:
    A) An interesting area of administration
    B) Any job with high flexibility and low accountability

6. Which way of communicating is more characteristic of you?:
    A) To dialogue
    B) To monologue

7. When someone is talking, which response is more like you?:
    A) I affirm the receipt of their information with yeah, mhm, etc.
    B) I listen attentively and silently to their speech, and then return with my own long speech.

8. About your decision-making:
    A) I plan ahead, and I often make early decisions, which often don't need changing
    B) I tend to wait and see, and make spontaneous decisions, which I often revisit and revise.

9. Which is way is yours?
    A) I easily go from 'relaxed' to 'mobilized', but not from 'mobilized' to 'relaxed'. External stimuli (like a movie) helps me relax.
    B) I have an easy time going from 'mobilized' to 'relaxed', but not from 'relaxed' to 'mobilized'. External stimuli helps me get mobilized.

10. When telling or creating a story, which applies best to you?:
    A) My stories tend to contain one main character.
    B) My stories tend to contain multiple characters.

@BraveSailorBoy - would you take this too, please?

"Why would I not step in and save you? Am I not the Great I AM? Did I not promise you I would deliver you out of it all? So how is this time different? It's not. I am avenging My Nation and My children with the move of My hand. No one will see this coming- what I am about to do. No, this will be unforgettable. It will bring the world shock and awe for what I, the Lord, am about to do."

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting and finally, someone who does benefit from using their Te by making this questionnaire...

Due to curiosity (I was between these types before), I gave it a try and scored 5 for each of both A and B options.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eliza, so you know, BraveSailorBoy doesn't have Internet access at the moment and may not have it again for a long time.

I took this out of curiosity
    1.B 2 either 3B 4B 5A 6A 7A 8B 9B 10B

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find your questionnaire interesting so I took the liberty to take it...

1A 2B 3A 4B 5B 6B 7B 8A 9B 10B / A=3 B=7

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh...
    B A/B A/B B B A/B A/B B B (B)

BraveSailorBoy is not even a logical type, as explained
    strange persistence for IEE

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh...

Thank you nifl and other quiz takers! I am going to analyze the results later! Yes, anyone can take it and if your type is not LSI or Sli and you have it listed here on your info by your name, I will let you know if your answers are like your type would generally chose.

Nifl, yours looks definitely SLI, especially, IMO, a LSI would pick A for no.5. More thoughts later.

Sorry Sailor is out.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should add, both LSI and SLI are Obstinate types (vs. Yielding in Reinins).

My tpe is obstinate too, and though I can be quite yielding in some circumstances, like social and relations, I tend to value my time and effort, and once I start a thing I keep stubbornly/(obstinately?) going with it until I accomplish the desired outcome. There are many keys to success, and for me and my ways, this characteristic of stubborn stick-to-itness is a way that helps me excel in various endeavors that I value.

I notice that one's Dual is the same as you in this Reinins, so, they are yielding if you are yielding, and obstinate if you are obstinate. But you cannot just translate those words as you know them, as in, you cannot translate it to mean easy-going or stubborn. You have to look the Reinin definition. My EII friend can be intimidatingly stubborn, though she can drip her stance in a minute in the right circumstance. LSE's can be quite a wall when they stand their ground, in a way that I see common to LSE's I know, but probably like EII, they can drop it suddenly for the right reason.

But apparently Duals are never one Yielding, one Obstinate. It must not pair well for everyday life. Perhaps one would always get the short end of the stick.

One key to typing is relations. So some will find what I just said boring or foreign, whereas my Dual, who has his own way of doing things, would find it interesting.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll add my answers too bc why not, everyone else did too

1. (A)
    (Between the two, but if I'm actually working I need the work area in order or I'll be annoyed)
    (Also, as a kid and teenager it was completely in order)

2. A

3. A

4. A
    (I can do it, I do not enjoy it)

5. B
    (Administrative jobs are only "interesting" if high responsibility belongs with them in a high position. "Interesting" is still not the right word for it.
    Low accountability I don't necessarily like, high flexibility with a well-defined task or clear goal I don't mind)

6. B

7. A
    (IRL it's easier for me to listen, long speeches drain me on either end, but in writing this is my style)

8. B
    (I make decisions when I feel it's time to, but then I do not necessarily like to revise them but I can enjoy doing that too if it's about responding on the spot to something that's come up)

9. A

10. (A)
    (I can do two main character tops. Never more. And only one of them can be in focus at a time.)

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I identify with most A responses, except for 1 and 5 where my answers are bit in-between. For example, my desk is usually a bit messy, though not horribly so either. At work once they noted it was always in order, though so idk. I wouldn't mind a job with low expectations and some flexibility, at least during the time I am getting to know the team and getting myself back into the working world, but once I am comfortable in a given environment, I wouldn't mind ending up in a managerial job (mainly for the salary, and as long as I am happy with it, though the last part is uncertain - I wouldn't do something I am not happy with just for money).

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. A
    2. B
    3. Depends
    4. B
    5. B
    6. A
    7. A
    8. B
    9. B
    10. Not sure, @FreelancePoliceman which do you think I do more?

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh...

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BraveSailorBoy View Post
    as long as ''SLI-Si'' is still in the profile, the horse is alive, kicking and dangerous

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as long as ''SLI-Si'' is still in the profile, the horse is alive, kicking and dangerous
    Damn right the horse is dangerous. Don't let it catch you with your pants down or you'll receive the Mr. Hands experience, bucko!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BraveSailorBoy;[URL="tel:1546684"
    1546684[/URL]]1. A
    2. B
    3. Depends
    4. B
    5. B
    6. A
    7. A
    8. B
    9. B
    10. Not sure, @FreelancePoliceman which do you think I do more?
    I'm not sure. One main character maybe?

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mini-Quiz!

1. Is your desk and/or workshop closer to:
    A) Fairly orderly
    B) Disorganized and messy

A by nature, B when depressed.

2. Which get-together would you enjoy more? One that has:
    A) Loud general jokes and shared laughter, with entertaining persons present
    B) Quiet smiles and people sharing interesting things about each other

3. Do you prefer:
    A) Analyzing realistic characteristics of situations, people, and objects
    B) Analyzing alternative and could-it-be scenarios.

God, no. Anything but B. I find that to be an annoying waste of time/energy/life. It overwhelms me, too.

4. Do you enjoy subdued discussions about one person's personal experience, focusing on their own inner feelings?
    A) Not particularly
    B) Yes, I would enjoy this

5. Which job/position in your field of interest would you prefer?:
    A) An interesting area of administration
    B) Any job with high flexibility and low accountability

Neither?

6. Which way of communicating is more characteristic of you?:
    A) To dialogue
    B) To monologue

7. When someone is talking, which response is more like you?:
    A) I affirm the receipt of their information with yeah, mhm, etc.
    B) I listen attentively and silently to their speech, and then return with my own long speech.

8. About your decision-making:
    A) I plan ahead, and I often make early decisions, which often don't need changing
    B) I tend to wait and see, and make spontaneous decisions, which I often revisit and revise.

Don't necessarily revisit and revise, but yeah, I tend to struggle with long term planning and am more so the type to improvise or make spontaneous decisions, for certain. I live in the moment. Planning is so difficult for me. I tend to require help with it, since I don't usually know what is the best order to do things in, or which option I should choose, or how to set realistic deadlines, or create long ranged sequential steps to achieve a goal. I just head toward a goal, winging it. I deal with reality as it comes instead of trying to forecast.

9. Which is way is yours?
    A) I easily go from 'relaxed' to 'mobilized', but not from 'mobilized' to 'relaxed'. External stimuli (like a movie) helps me relax.
    B) I have an easy time going from 'mobilized' to 'relaxed', but not from 'relaxed' to 'mobilized'. External stimuli helps me get mobilized.

Both. Maybe it's the ADHD hyperfocus making it difficult to stop, and depression making it difficult to start, I honestly have no clue. On normal, non-depressive days, I'm pretty good at recognizing my need for breaks and relaxation, and playing a game or something to avoid burnout...so, probably more so A.

10. When telling or creating a story, which applies best to you?:
    A) My stories tend to contain one main character.
    B) My stories tend to contain multiple characters.

I love inventing new characters...imagining new superhuman abilities and stuff.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 12-31-2022 at 09:04 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Easiest to tell them apart by Fe, one is mobilized by it and Fe kinda lights them up (tho it can be subtle) - the other receives Fe and grimaces. I also think SLI wants and needs you to be perfect, LSI wants you to be wrong and then be the one that corrects you. I've seen LSIs get annoyed at perfection, and SLIs get annoyed at imperfection.