Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I know if I am an EII or SEI? Or another completely different type?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingsoul View Post
    Yeah, I like loud music if it's to my liking too but I try not to be too loud lest I disturb other people because I know how sucks it is to be annoyed.
    I don't know if it's a type thing but my imagination goes way deeper and weirder, I feel like I'm an immaterial being from another world trapped into this prison we call flesh. I would like to free myself from this if I got the chance, unfortunately I don't know how.
    Me and my friend talks about how we would be better off without a body, that existing as a primitive animal shaped by nature is disgusting.
    I also do worldbuilding as a hobby. I have an idea about writing a math related fiction but I'm really terrible at math

And I'm still uncertain if my Ni or Ne is good enough, if it's obvious to you, you can call me oblivious :/
    You sound like you have -Se/+Si PoLR. That'll make you LIE or EII.

If this piques your interest, feel free to take my test https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...functions-test.

I'm curious, have you ever looked into Gnosticism?
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

Quote Originally Posted by seeking it View Post
    I was asking because the stuff you described with numbers sounded a lot like the object visualizer yea.

Do your images around the numbers look like movies btw or static pictures?

Ok, the EIIs I've known don't complain this loudly about sensory discomfort. I'm not sure if this is type related

But what is more type related, EIIs stereotypically don't mind some "religious, rigid" environment. Well, maybe the Ne subtype can be bothered by it, I don't know.

It is. But how often do you upset the mood in the "room" otherwise?

You can use the quote feature ("Wrap QUOTE tags around selected text") above the textbox, or manually add the quote tags.
    Usually static, once I got the full picture of the landscape I can move around to see the whole surrounding.

Mostly family gatherings, otherwise I'm fine.

I try to do what you've said, but I keep messing up My Te is as bad as that

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post

If this piques your interest, feel free to take my test https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...functions-test.

I don't think my Te is good enough to be the leading function.

I have a very vague understanding of Gnosticism. If anything, my belief regarding god is apatheistic.

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post

I took your test.
    The top 3 results are:
    -Ni (beta Ni) - 87.5%
    -Ne (delta Ne) - 62.5%
    -Fi (gamma Fi) - 62.5%

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually static, once I got the full picture of the landscape I can move around to see the whole surrounding.

Mostly family gatherings, otherwise I'm fine.
    I try to do what you've said, but I keep messing up My Te is as bad as that
    Hmm ok not sure what else to comment on regarding your type right now. I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind

As for the quoting, you can just try it like copy the lines from the post that you'd like to quote, into the reply textbox, then highlight that text and click the QUOTE button to get the "quote" tags wrapped around it. Just basically don't write your reply inside those tags lol

Hmm ok not sure what else to comment on regarding your type right now. I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind

As for the quoting, you can just try it like copy the lines from the post that you'd like to quote, into the reply textbox, then highlight that text and click the QUOTE button to get the "quote" tags wrapped around it. Just basically don't write your reply inside those tags lol
    I have a question for you, is Ni more about processing time or beliefs, ideals, and symbols? If the latter I can accept that I may be a Beta NF, if the former I'm bad at anticipating time let alone time management which I think is more Te related, probably because I have undiagnosed dyscalculia as a consequence of my synesthesia.

So far, what type do you think I am? EIIs with their Te suggestive will be more conscientious, but I also avoid aggression too. (To be honest with you, I like reading fictions about abusive relationships coupled with my fascination for gore mentioned before, does this sound like Se suggestive to you? )

Si doesn't seem to be my leading function, but I do like comfort! Or is it a non type related thing?

My 1D Te wouldn't let me understand that easily I'll try to experiment

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question for you, is Ni more about processing time or beliefs, ideals, and symbols? If the latter I can accept that I may be a Beta NF, if the former I'm bad at anticipating time let alone time management which I think is more Te related, probably because I have undiagnosed dyscalculia as a consequence of my synesthesia.

So far, what type do you think I am? EIIs with their Te suggestive will be more conscientious, but I also avoid aggression too. (To be honest with you, I like reading fictions about abusive relationships coupled with my fascination for gore mentioned before, does this sound like Se suggestive to you? )

Si doesn't seem to be my leading function, but I do like comfort! Or is it a non type related thing?

My 1D Te wouldn't let me understand that easily I'll try to experiment
    Tbh Ni is related to all that. Fi can also relate to beliefs and ideals, but it could be either. Time management I don't think is any NF's strength.

The fiction stuff, not sure, it could be Se seeking yes but also I think I've seen sadomasochistic stuff attributed to Delta. So this may depend on content. I know an EII-Ne once told me he was a masochist. Someone else can correct me on some of this, as I might remember wrong for Delta, but to me it seemed like, Delta is into doing, inflicting or suffering these sadomasochistic pain sensations, while Se/Ni valuing would involve power games of dominance/submission. Also Deltas are all about using tools, supposedly.

Btw I don't think synesthesia causes dyscalculia, so like I have (a different kind of) synesthesia too for numbers and I think it for me helps more with numbers rather than getting in the way

Though the study I linked for you, it does note that being an object visualiser and being like artistic or personal with it (like you are), that can cause problems, as it doesn't help with maths or spatial calculations when those would be the most fitting for the task. Not that people can necessarily choose what mindsets to use for different tasks.

My synesthesia is more abstract, can be linked to systematic concepts, or it's spatial sometimes, or just linked with colours, and other visual elements but nothing like the pictures imagined up by object visualisers.

Tbh Ni is related to all that. Fi can also relate to beliefs and ideals, but it could be either. Time management I don't think is any NF's strength.

The fiction stuff, not sure, it could be Se seeking yes but also I think I've seen sadomasochistic stuff attributed to Delta. So this may depend on content. I know an EII-Ne once told me he was a masochist. Someone else can correct me on some of this, as I might remember wrong for Delta, but to me it seemed like, Delta is into doing, inflicting or suffering these sadomasochistic pain sensations, while Se/Ni valuing would involve power games of dominance/submission. Also Deltas are all about using tools, supposedly.

Btw I don't think synesthesia causes dyscalculia, so like I have (a different kind of) synesthesia too for numbers and I think it for me helps more with numbers rather than getting in the way

Though the study I linked for you, it does note that being an object visualiser and being like artistic or personal with it (like you are), that can cause problems, as it doesn't help with maths or spatial calculations when those would be the most fitting for the task. Not that people can necessarily choose what mindsets to use for different tasks.

My synesthesia is more abstract, can be linked to systematic concepts, or it's spatial sometimes, or just linked with colours, and other visual elements but nothing like the pictures imagined up by object visualisers.
    At this rate, I figure out that I'm more of a Te PoLR than Se PoLR. I avoid or at least try to be minimally exposed to Te related activities.
    Perhaps my inferiority complex stems from Te PoLR.
    I do like power struggles between characters in a story, it keeps things more exciting. Contrary to some Se suggestive descriptions, I'm not really fond of powerful people.

I believe Ne seeking types would have little interest in that, no? But still, is actively complaining about sensory discomforts Si valuing? I do that often.

As for subtypes, I relate to irrational subtypes for both IEI and SEI with IEI-Ni being significantly higher than SEI-Si.

Could you elaborate more about your synesthesia? What is it called?

All in all, thanks for helping me sort this out!
    Last edited by wanderingsoul; 12-07-2022 at 05:12 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this rate, I figure out that I'm more of a Te PoLR than Se PoLR. I avoid or at least try to be minimally exposed to Te related activities.
    Perhaps my inferiority complex stems from Te PoLR.
    I do like power struggles between characters in a story, it keeps things more exciting. Contrary to some Se suggestive descriptions, I'm not really fond of powerful people.

I believe Ne seeking types would have little interest in that, no? But still, is actively complaining about sensory discomforts Si valuing? I do that often.

As for subtypes, I relate to irrational subtypes for both IEI and SEI with IEI-Ni being significantly higher than SEI-Si.

Could you elaborate more about your synesthesia? What is it called?

All in all, thanks for helping me sort this out!
    So you mean like... you are ok with power games/power struggles in fantasies but not used to it in real life so you'd rather avoid it in real life? Or some other reason?

I've known Beta NFs complaining a whole load about sensory problems/discomforts. So I don't think it's Si valuing necessarily, I think IEI in particular can do it yea

My version of synesthesia, it gets kinda complex Originally it was just grapheme-colour synesthesia with a little spatial synesthesia for how I'd see some numbers or other lists or whatever "items" in my mind. For the spatial one, it gets activated a little while doing calculations with numbers, too. And you are supposed to get synesthesia as a kid but maybe I just didn't read that many studies or articles on it....since I noticed I've developed mine further, not with any conscious intent, it just happened and is still happening.

First as a young teenager I started linking auditory stuff to graphemes (numbers etc. some words in foreign languages, words from conceptual systems).

Then as an adult, I developed colour-emotion synesthesia. Had no idea that stuff even exists, but it does. (I'm not sure but the colours can get associated with other "inner states" too, not sure if they are supposed to be categorised as feelings too or just simply mindsets or whatever)

Oh, seems like yours has another name. Emotion-image synesthesia according to this: https://thesynesthesiatree.com/2021/...ion-shape.html

I don't have that one, I sometimes sorta have images (for graphemes, specifically for numbers tho, not emotions) but they are not detailed enough and I can't focus on them for longer than a second.

But that article discusses my version too with the colour-emotion synesthesia. I only see the colours in my mind's eye but it's almost like an overlay over the perception of reality so it really is projected to there, it's not just not vivid enough to look like actual sensations. That's why I say I see it only in my mind's eye. Same for the colours for graphemes. And the auditory stuff remains inside my mind, is not projected.

Oh one more thing about my synesthesia....Ive suspected that I get the colours for some emotions based on concepts from my understanding of things, even if I don't actually get aware of it, like I can see a colour but not knowing what emotion I'm feeling, that part takes longer. But the colour matches the type of emotion even if it doesn't give me such a precise answer as to what I'm specifically feeling

Much like someone in the article is quoted like: "Sometimes I don't understand all emotions so I can just see a colour floating about. Like I can see a metallic grey cloud but I can't decipher my emotions."
    Last edited by seeking it; 12-08-2022 at 04:47 PM.

So you mean like... you are ok with power games/power struggles in fantasies but not used to it in real life so you'd rather avoid it in real life? Or some other reason?

I've known Beta NFs complaining a whole load about sensory problems/discomforts. So I don't think it's Si valuing necessarily, I think IEI in particular can do it yea

My version of synesthesia, it gets kinda complex Originally it was just grapheme-colour synesthesia with a little spatial synesthesia for how I'd see some numbers or other lists or whatever "items" in my mind. For the spatial one, it gets activated a little while doing calculations with numbers, too. And you are supposed to get synesthesia as a kid but maybe I just didn't read that many studies or articles on it....since I noticed I've developed mine further, not with any conscious intent, it just happened and is still happening.

First as a young teenager I started linking auditory stuff to graphemes (numbers etc. some words in foreign languages, words from conceptual systems).

Then as an adult, I developed colour-emotion synesthesia. Had no idea that stuff even exists, but it does. (I'm not sure but the colours can get associated with other "inner states" too, not sure if they are supposed to be categorised as feelings too or just simply mindsets or whatever)

Oh, seems like yours has another name. Emotion-image synesthesia according to this: https://thesynesthesiatree.com/2021/...ion-shape.html

I don't have that one, I sometimes sorta have images (for graphemes, specifically for numbers tho, not emotions) but they are not detailed enough and I can't focus on them for longer than a second.

But that article discusses my version too with the colour-emotion synesthesia. I only see the colours in my mind's eye but it's almost like an overlay over the perception of reality so it really is projected to there, it's not just not vivid enough to look like actual sensations. That's why I say I see it only in my mind's eye. Same for the colours for graphemes. And the auditory stuff remains inside my mind, is not projected.

Oh one more thing about my synesthesia....Ive suspected that I get the colours for some emotions based on concepts from my understanding of things, even if I don't actually get aware of it, like I can see a colour but not knowing what emotion I'm feeling, that part takes longer. But the colour matches the type of emotion even if it doesn't give me such a precise answer as to what I'm specifically feeling

Much like someone in the article is quoted like: "Sometimes I don't understand all emotions so I can just see a colour floating about. Like I can see a metallic grey cloud but I can't decipher my emotions."
    Yep. Obviously I don't want someone's body to be torn apart nor get raped, save it for fiction where I know it didn't happen in real life, if it does, in the case of rl gore, it'll be *kinda* more interesting, but I sympathize with the victims, it strengthens my antinatalist views even more.

The link you've sent is very interesting. Is looking at prime factorizations, seeing their culture and social structure an emotion-image synesthesia? I don't recall ever associating emotions like excitement to some objects, scenes, places nor people.

Another question if you don't mind, is typing people under the age of 20 a good idea? People say teenagers are unstable, trying to find where they stand in the world. it's hard to figure out their true personality, I don't know if I would change either. It seems like I'm the youngest member in this forum lol.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Obviously I don't want someone's body to be torn apart nor get raped, save it for fiction where I know it didn't happen in real life, if it does, in the case of rl gore, it'll be *kinda* more interesting, but I sympathize with the victims, it strengthens my antinatalist views even more.

The link you've sent is very interesting. Is looking at prime factorizations, seeing their culture and social structure an emotion-image synesthesia? I don't recall ever associating emotions like excitement to some objects, scenes, places nor people.

Another question if you don't mind, is typing people under the age of 20 a good idea? People say teenagers are unstable, trying to find where they stand in the world. it's hard to figure out their true personality, I don't know if I would change either. It seems like I'm the youngest member in this forum lol.
    Oh I thought of you when it mentioned emotion-image synesthesia because I automatically assumed that you see the images of people/cultures through emotions coming from the numbers (emotions "mediating" it). If that's not how it works for you, then of course it would be irrelevant.

I think it's ok trying to look at yourself even before you're 20, even if and especially if you're still searching for your identity. You would still have a personality even as a kid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12