Thread: How do you feel in general?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you feel in general?

What is your general mood?

Do you try to refrain from some sort of feelings and indulge in some state of emotions?

Do you know what you feel, think about it? Are you aware of it?

etc

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My overall mood has always been that of a man from a long time ago who has lived a happy life with his wife and three children until he lost them in a tragic event of which he was the only survivor. His pain was so deep that he kept grieving until his death. Fate has it that I am the last reincarnation of that man. A lifetime isn't enough to ease that kind of pain. I sing a lullaby through a mist of agony, haunted by a phantom pain and faceless memories. I am condemned to mourn the wife and children I will never have.

Most of the time I control my mood but right now and since the past 4 years I struggle a lot. I can still lift up my mood before it goes critically down. When I'm in presence of my family members, I'm always okay and agreeable. I try to be funny. I don't complain except here..
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally dont think about how I feel.

I am more prone to have happy feelings than bad ones, when I am alone I can lol which is not rare. If I get angry or sad I can switch to ok mood fast.

I suppress negative emotions could be due to nurture or type. I dont feel stressed when I am stressed and I can get bodily response if stress is too much, not common but happens.

When I am depressed, it is like I am not depressed at least I dont feel bad most of the time. And if I were to participate in a group or meet with a friend, I can be on high mood. But in those times, I dont want to see people generally because it seems tiring and I can feel some kind of expectation of them on me to be in that state whether it is true or not.

Art, movies, music can affect mood substantially.
    Last edited by myresearch; 11-14-2022 at 11:39 PM.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calm.
    Off my meds, irritated
    Around cats - happy

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    What is your general mood?

Do you try to refrain from some sort of feelings and indulge in some state of emotions?

Do you know what you feel, think about it? Are you aware of it?

etc
    I generally interpret myself as not having a mood. I usually think about emotional things (things with emotional meaning, like scenarios/fantasies), but I don't think I really tend to or like to feel strong emotions other than maybe strength or pleasure. Sometimes, I'll be aware of emotions like sadness or clear happiness.

Occasionally, I'll feel certain emotions (usually things like annoyance) but think they're irrational and ignore them. Sometimes, these emotions will end up influencing me and I'll blow up on someone or make bad decisions. Generally, you could say that emotions tend to taint my judgement. A long time ago I would've rather had no emotions. Nowadays, I guess I appreciate them more.

Usually to other people, I appear to be "happy" or "not very enthusiastic" depending on the person.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This feels as nonsensical as asking someone what they think in general

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    This feels as nonsensical as asking someone what they think in general
    Good because that question is not nonsensical at all. People can interpret things differently and can give different answers and that can lead you to discover something or not. Mb Ne polr. Some people for example knew their cog style without the type, but not everyone is that way.

I can give momentarily pause when someone asks me how are you at times, but people seem to write things on how you feel thread, so some people dont seem to be like that since how you feel thread is filled up.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If identical twins have the same type, I know for sure that their general mood can be completely different. For example, in one of the identical twins I know, one feels like she is wronged hence more akin to get into depressed state. However, other one is like walking jokester, seems happy and cheerful most of the time.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uh-huh, sure

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good boy

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    If identical twins have the same type, I know for sure that their general mood can be completely different. For example, in one of the identical twins I know, one feels like she is wronged hence more akin to get into depressed state. However, other one is like walking jokester, seems happy and cheerful most of the time.
    It's rarely the case ime. In fact the "Identical twins" is a card I use a lot because it has a lot of applications. For instance it's a good argument to point out that VI typing is not a strongly substantiated idea. When it comes to universalities, there is no place for exceptions in my book. I like the Idea though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general, I feel like cardboard.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh

My psych asks me this every month lol

Heres my report card so far lol

And this is me medicated

I don’t even know the ‘real me’.

At least you can all be reassured, I sent in my video to Gulenko before I got on meds.

Let me try this, anyway….

I’m generally an anxious person no matter what. I have a lot of intrusive thoughts about terrible things that could happen or very graphic and gorey images. Sometimes in the background my mind is playing a song over and over and hyper focusing on something, like wanting that damn LED lantern. Nothing else will make me happy until I get it. It has to be that exactly one. And I will tear the damn house apart to find it. Or maybe I don’t feel like I care about anything. Maybe I deserve to die because I’m fast and ugly and a terrible parent and I didn’t wash anything today. Everyone hates me.

my mind is never quiet and whatever the color of whatever internal dialogue I’ve got going on in there is going to have a huge impact on my mood, or my mood has an impact on the dialogue. Idk.

I know how I feel in a moment, but as in general…No.

actually, now I’m having an identity crisis lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have five fundamental moods

Spaced waaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck out thinking/daydreaming (or not) about who knows what <-- usually this until some stimulus pulls me out of it and results in one of the following:

Manic emotionality
    Full snark
    Cold analysis
    ERmgskfjk awoeihs lfjdlkj aeiasjfosdkalkjhaahaaaaaaaagghgh it's a kitty!!!! (feline stimuli generate their own unique reaction)

Clarification: in the spaced out state I wouldn't say I'm feeling much of anything. It's like a nonpathological depersonalized/derealized state
    Last edited by AWellArmedCat; 11-16-2022 at 02:25 AM. Reason: clarification
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like i have alzheimers ngl

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I forgot something
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna