Thread: EII Imagination

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EII Imagination

Last edited by Clarke; 03-08-2023 at 02:54 AM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theoretically: Ne types should have an imagination that's relatively more externally oriented, i.e. perceiving the immaterial or potential qualities of objects more than the subjective imprint - possibilites, imaginary situations, unusual combinations of things, what could be out there in the world etc.
    in comparison with the more mystical and personal imagination of Ni types - images of an altogether more boundless character: spirituality, the personal soul, memories, the movement of life, metaphysical imagery
    with the sensory types the preference should be similar

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    theoretically: Ne types should have an imagination that's relatively more externally oriented, i.e. perceiving the immaterial or potential qualities of objects more than the subjective imprint - possibilites, imaginary situations, unusual combinations of things, what could be out there in the world etc.
    in comparison with the more mystical and personal imagination of Ni types - images of an altogether more boundless character: spirituality, the personal soul, memories, the movement of life, metaphysical imagery
    with the sensory types the preference should be similar
    they're asking for EIIs only

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by get R View Post
    they're asking for EIIs only
    the imagination of EII should not have any major differences with any other Ne type, differences are individual at this level (unless one thinks that the leading and creative have large differences in strength and importance, which i'm sceptical of)
    that the contents of the imagination of intuitive ethicists is relatively humanitarian and people-oriented has to do with ethics, not intuition

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the imagination of EII should not have any major differences with any other Ne type, differences are individual at this level (unless one thinks that the leading and creative have large differences in strength and importance, which i'm sceptical of)
    that the contents of the imagination is humanitarian and people-oriented has to do with ethics, not intuition
    the question is only for EII members here

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the question is only for EII members here
    considering the amount of mistypings it is unlikely that even half of the people who may answer this question are EII. for it to make sense to ask for a specific type to answer they would have to be verified as that type in some magical way
    he/she has been given a theoretical basis, which may help to decide on whether Ne/Ni is in the ego, if OP is even an intuitive

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

considering the amount of mistypings it is unlikely that even half of the people who may answer this question are EII. for it to make sense to ask for a specific type to answer they would have to be verified as that type in some magical way
    he/she has been given a theoretical basis, which may help to decide on whether Ne/Ni is in the ego, if OP is even an intuitive
    how can your SLI typing be verified?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can your SLI typing be verified?
    irrelevancy of the question aside:
    you can personally verify your type by reading the basic theory, typing yourself and the people you know and cementing this typing through concordance with intertype relations. it is nigh impossible to confidently decide on a type for a significant amount of people if you do not take ITR into account, because type descriptions do not fit like a shoe, and deciding on which (speculatively and probably partially dubiously described) information elements are in the ego in a vacuum can take years.

if you do this correctly, you will soon discover that you are not LSI. you being an ethicist may find reasoning your way to your type harder (and Fe types are particularly prone to turning a blind eye to evidence which displeases them), and perhaps being an introvert you may have less data to consider. to have any proper grasp of such a speculative and immaterial subject - it's not easy. I still make lots of mistakes in VI, for example, I am only certain maybe 20% of the time.

It isn't sensible to demand that only EII answers are to be posted when a minority of people have verified their type by reasonable means, let alone decided on one without changing it haphazardly

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII members please post here asap!!!!

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Clarke
    >do they imagine things in the present, or do they imagine things happening in the possible future?
    both, but Ne types are not as temporally concerned, as per classical theory
    >do the imaginations have context?
    why shouldn't they?
    >do they imagine alternate realities?
    more contextually connected with the current reality than with Ni types, perhaps
    >are their imaginations optimistic in nature?
    this isn't type related

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Clarke
    I can't point you to any EIIs that I've seen here yet, unfortunately
    a need to see things in practice is generally more common for sensors

>I don't know if this is any kind of breach of privacy
    talking about Socionics is not a breach of privacy XSI may be especially touchy about it, though

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are not fantasies, but quite boring practical things.

Imagine that you are constantly modeling the properties of other people in your head. You roughly imagine what circumstances could affect the character of a person, and how he is likely to behave in certain situations. You have some goals that you need to achieve by interacting with these people (or avoiding them), and in order to achieve these goals, you generate several interaction scenarios, from which you choose the one that has a higher probability of a positive ending.

For example, let's say you are invited to an interview on Monday and asked what time you can come. Two scenarios immediately pop into your head: you can show up in the morning, before you go to your current job, or in the afternoon, under the pretense of going to the dentist. At first glance, it is more convenient to come in the morning, but you take into account not only what will be convenient for you, but also in what physical and emotional state other people are. Obviously, the person who will conduct the interview in the morning will be in a terrible state. Most likely, he hates his lousy job, traffic jams, he did not get enough sleep and is drugged with coffee. And after dinner, he will be in good condition, he will be sleepy and supportive, so most likely after the interview he will leave a good impression after you. Your chance of being choosen will be higher simply because that in his memory you will remain associated with a positive emotional background and a feeling of satiety.

This is a fairly simple case, since there are only three people involved, but it shows how all functions work together. Negative Ne here is responsible for making quite grounded assumptions based on common stereotypes and discarding negative scenarios, positive Ni - for generating limited set of positive scenarious.

[Edited] Oh, and I forgot to say that basically it all works for the near future and the situations that are happening right now. I'm not thinking about the abstract ancient Greeks, and the distant future does not require attention 24/7, so I rarely think about it.
    Last edited by Kurt Gabin; 11-06-2022 at 12:58 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you are EII
    Ok, it's your right to think so. Better tell us how it works for LII.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    Well he seemed to do a sort of personality modeling or emotional analysis, and it seemed to be based on hypothetical scenarios. He also seemed fairly aware of Si as a factor that influences emotional state, and seemed to analyze/consider how that would affect his goal pragmatically. He seems to use Fi-Ne, Si, and Te.
    you're right but he's a man, try not to put too much trust in him

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    You know, it's true that I tend to know that certain actions will probably affect people emotionally. I seem to know sometimes that it's not a good idea to ask someone for something when they're tired because it'll probably bother them. I'm not sure whether that really connects to anything that's been said here.

I guess I have trouble understanding the boundary lines between the types, and how they seem to function somehow.
    try to read Filatova or some other basic description of functions, blocks, types, quadras etc.

you don't quite communicate like an ethical type, in my opinion - you're somewhat dispassionate, but mb irrational. EII isn't very likely
    a video would be interesting to see

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, nonsense. No one in real life would chase you just like that. And, in general, it isn't worth it to think that you are the center of the universe and everyone is watching and thinking only about you. In fact, everyone is thinking only about himself.

As for that driver, there is, of course, a small chance to meet a psycho, but such people are not given a driver's license, and they live in a different environment, so if you do not live under a bridge and do not eat rats, the probability of meeting such an interesting person is too small to consider it. It is much more likely that the other driver will show aggression as a defense if you get scared and start acting aggressively to be ahead of the game. This is a typical problem of central quadras, btw - to come up with a catastrophic scenario, and then implement it in order to get ahead of events.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Watching hummingbirds fly around my new feeder inside my mind on a bright sunny day while it’s gloomy and grey outside and no hummingbirds are coming around to their new feeder
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Watching hummingbirds fly around my new feeder inside my mind on a bright sunny day while it’s gloomy and grey outside and no hummingbirds are coming around to their new feeder
    This sounds like a magic portal frozen in the canopy of myths and growing mortality appreciating to the joy of spring!!
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this helps but I feel my mind is like an AI Image Generator who is constantly processing images from different chapters of my life and try to merge in the form of intrusive thoughts. I constantly try to give them cohesion by doing mental exercises like swaping the head of a person and put it in another body with different physical characteristics, rearranging broken pieces of something, trying to put something inside other things, or imagining how I would react in dangerous situations (it is entertaining). Some of the images tend to come more often that others, like mental checkpoints, e.g. Jesus doing landing flip and then doing parkour to escape from the Roman soldiers, or the image of a Hero Factory robot growing in a static background like a GTA loading screen, or the image of me letting a brick fall from the last floor of a 10-level building when I was in kindergarten, I don't know if the last is a real memory, I watched Spider-Man 3 A LOT when I was a kid, so my mind maybe related it to the Gwen Stacy's rescue scene, when the rubble fell to the street. I can't see the brick falling for example, for more than 2 seconds, I see myself dropping it, then I see the brick in the air 10 meters below and then see it crashing with the floor with the floor while a person looks upside surprised, but I can't see the full process, I can count the time and know where the brick should be but the frames just skip or repeat.

https://youtu.be/PNyfLisg5eI It is something like this.

The other day I read an interpreation of the Spinoza view of reality and I imagined a gray sphere made of gel or water who expanded and changed its form and color like if all the natural disasters were happening at the same time in all the place. I saw a violent tide who made the camera twirl, I saw the ball opening wings like if it were a Bakugan, it was symmetrical, then not symmetrical, I saw canyons, then I saw dirt over the camera like if I were there and were crushed and devored by it, then I saw tables, then destroyed homes, then fire, then beige lizards getting out the sand. All that was the same thing, conceptually but it didn't look like one. My mind presented it in the direction style of a TV advertisement of Trident or a shampoo.

I don't know if that how all the minds work or if people do it all the time but haven't paid attention to it, so they don't remember, but it's the way I think, at least when I don't have nothing to do. I tend to see them as shorts which are always moving but remain in the same idea, only varying in shape, so the idea is static but the visuals are dynamic?
    Last edited by HeInin; 01-26-2023 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeInin View Post
    I don't know if this helps but I feel my mind is like an AI Image Generator
    Literally said this like the other day. You are actually me. I'm actually you. We are actually us.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We got hummingbirds
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've had similar thoughts as the hummingbirds example, but negative. I can look at the window of the bathroom in the early morning and think about witches or flying monsters of Riddick prowling to hunt someone uncautious who may leave his windows open. Whenever I look at a dark hole who leads an exterior place, I imagine a pair of hands peeking, preceding the reveal of a pale humanoid face, which I think, is scarier that the thought of exchanging glances the creature, because is no longer a mistery.

The other day I looked at the cloudy dark sky from a roofless space of an indoor courtyard and I imagine how it would feel to fall to the sky being pushed out the planet with nothing to hold on. Then I grabbed the edges of my hammock and wrapped them around me to feel the cozyness and silkiness they provided me and check that I was still safe and dry on them.
    Last edited by HeInin; 01-29-2023 at 12:14 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIIs have great imaginations. and unlike IEIs, it's pure and holy and righteous and actually gets us good jobs and raises and isn't too inappropriate.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can dive into a person’s soul in an instant and say what they need to hear to inspire compassion and change in them. Here’s an example of this:

I witnessed an aggressive ISTJ pushing his 4 year old daughter around with verbal attacks and assault and the next time I saw him I said “you know what I know it may seem strange to you to hear this but your daughter learns in a different way than you do. The type of learning is called detached auditory meaning she’s listening to you in an intuitive way and forming networks of connections in her mind that make it seems to you as though she’s not acknowledging you. It’s not visible but that’s what makes her truly gifted and unique.” He stepped back from his pushiness and looked inside himself at his behavior.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-09-2023 at 04:27 PM.
    -