Thread: Ebenezer Scrooge

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ebenezer Scrooge

I decided to give my real opinion on Ebenezer Scrooge. He kinda sucks.
    Last edited by Clarke; 03-06-2023 at 06:21 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to self-type the same as a thinly-veiled Jewish caricature!

Socionics is too oversimplified for something like analyzing the Scrooge story or the character himself, though.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I never got into the story much. I think socionically it can best be described as Deltas trying to force a Gamma businessman to be more "kind and moral."

As far as I know @Clarke is ILI so that's probably why it rubs you the wrong way. I don't like Gammas always trying to 'make me better' either- instead of simply accepting me for who I am 'warts and all' (omg that phrase is so corny but it fits here lol) Or Alphas maybe, if I am Delta EII!

I'm also immune against obvious attempts at emotional manipulation like tiny tim and handicapped orphans and whatever cruel tricks of raped-empathy Deltas have up their sleeves. It's not that I'm heartless or immoral myself, it's just those things are blah to me when they are too obvious and campy. Like the "C'mon, did we really think you were gonna kill off the Littlest Cancer Patient" trope etc. I think 'Normies' like the story though and it's popular because normies are easily misled by emotional manipulation like that. Because Normies feel empathy for some handicapped person they don't even know to get virtue signaling points and then go back and beat their own kids etc. I also felt the message was 'be nice at Christmastime' instead of 'be nice no matter what time of the year it is' which is a much better moral tale to tell.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    I think that the story actually corresponds to Alpha more. It seems to have social ethics elements, but doesn't seem to have the competitiveness of Beta. I think Delta would also make sense if the story was about making Scrooge more "responsible", or maybe if Delta stories have a theme of making Te-leading types more moral (in this way).

I guess it makes sense that I might be ILI because I see a Gamma (I'm guessing LIE) being forced to do something non-Gamma. I think I saw the story as showing a character being pressured to become weaker or more ethical in a way that didn't naturally fit their personality. It could be that I was seeing a character take on characteristics that were non-Gamma in some way (I guess Si (or lack of Se) characteristics in the case of Delta).

My current viewpoint is that I didn't like the story because it showed a character becoming uncharacteristic in general. Based on what I remember, Scrooge wasn't a good guy. However, despite being greedy, I don't really see him as extremely evil (a sort of menace to society). He seems to operate within expected societal conduct, and he doesn't really seem criminal. Therefore, it kind of bothers me that he changed into something far different under what seems like duress (he seemed to undergo almost a global personality change).
    Yeah I never liked the story much either but that part isn't really what bothered me. Maybe he was only pretending to be a stern str8 man and his real self was an annoying overly generous faget. (I mean for arguement's sake lol) The transgender ghosts just taught him that it was okay to be himself! lol.

That reminds me. There's a funny movie called 'The Christmas Karen' on Youtube. You can watch it for free last time I checked.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, enjoy! Or make fun of how bad it is!

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn’t he a greedy bastard? Sorry lol. And yeah Scrooge is ILI. I thought he must be anyway. That particular book was boring but Dickens is excellent at showing how deranged people can become and act when their basic fundamental human needs aren’t being met/aren’t met at crucial stages of their brain development? And then there are the innocent victims who are just nice or became vulnerable due to all the problems the messed up people caused. It’s a joy to watch a good Dickens adaptation, but similar to ILI art, it’s not quite harsh enough on the monsters, you need Alpha SF art for that..
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-07-2023 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fear is certainly a highly motivating force.