Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 1 or 8 IEI what?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Sweden, going to the U.S.
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 1 or 8 IEI what?

    Hi,

    I’m an IEI. I did some enneagram tests and got 1 and 8 as my top types. I’m not well-versed in Enneagram theory, so forgive any misunderstandings. Anyhow, I looked it up, and 1 and 8 is apparently rare for IEI’s. In what ways would you say the differences would manifest irl, as distinct from ”typical” 4, etc. IEI’s? Am I mentally deranged, whence the results? Am I doomed? Is it ok?

    Any reply appreciated, thanks!

  2. #2
    You better believe in conspiracies, Scrooge. Coeruleum Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Prison beneath the Moon's orbit
    TIM
    The unmarked person
    Posts
    4,970
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salehieh View Post
    Hi,

    I’m an IEI. I did some enneagram tests and got 1 and 8 as my top types. I’m not well-versed in Enneagram theory, so forgive any misunderstandings. Anyhow, I looked it up, and 1 and 8 is apparently rare for IEI’s. In what ways would you say the differences would manifest irl, as distinct from ”typical” 4, etc. IEI’s? Am I mentally deranged, whence the results? Am I doomed? Is it ok?

    Any reply appreciated, thanks!
    No. I think 1s and 8s are less deranged than 4s, because 4s just care what other people think about them, but 1s and 8s care about how things really are. However, that is a weird result for IEI. If IEIs get a good type it's usually 5.

    I'm not sure how valid either enneagram or socionics are anyway, though. Socionics seems more interesting since it's more developed. Enneagram is weird since it has things like E2 which is an image type... concerned with appearing helpful to others... but E8 isn't concerned with appearing powerful, they're just concerned with being powerful, which doesn't really distinguish them much from 1 or even 5. Everyone in enneagram should really have one of each type (so tritypes make sense) but then there's never any correlations made between them even though the arrows of integration and disintegration should just be the other types people have, provided they're in different centers, which they aren't always, and in those cases the other types people have should be the wings. If you are an 8 your tritype should always be 5 and 2. If you are a 9 your tritype should always be 3 and 6. If you are a 5 you can't have 7 (disintegration) in your tritype since that's also a head type so your other centers' types would be 8 and 4 rather than 8 and 7. Also people don't treat Ni as Jung treated it, they treat Ni as being essentially the same as Fi but for hippie types. Jung treated Ni as being a grab-bag for paranormal and religious types of people, mystics basically. Being a hippie and a "victim type" would be Fi, not Ni. I think IEI 1 should be extremely normal, and in that light IEI 8 is actually better than IEI 4 because... IEI is not supposed to be primarily concerned about what other people think of it like some kind of Se type, it's supposed to be concerned about its subjective perceptions.

    TL;DR I think most of people's preconceptions about enneagram and socionics are nonsense. IEI 1 actually sounds more likely than IEI 4 to me, because IEI just shouldn't be image types when you really think about it.
    Last edited by Coeruleum Blue; 10-05-2022 at 02:33 PM.

  3. #3
    AKA Emily Snowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    the coast of the Violet Sea
    TIM
    STudeNT , FVLE
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you are an 8 your tritype should always be 5 and 2. If you are a 9 your tritype should always be 3 and 6
    Not necessary at all , 8 can have any fix of heart triad (2,3,4) and any fix of head triad ( 5,6,7) , not always 5 and 2
    This applies to all other enneagrams

  4. #4
    AKA Emily Snowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    the coast of the Violet Sea
    TIM
    STudeNT , FVLE
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI 1 is possible but will always mistype as EII , at least in Socionics

    IEI 8 is the rarest combo

  5. #5
    AKA Emily Snowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    the coast of the Violet Sea
    TIM
    STudeNT , FVLE
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe any Enneagram works with any Sociotype, however some are more common than others

    I wrote this for anyone who wants to know the usual correlations :

    IEI are usually:

    4 ( So or Sp , rarely Sx )
    6 ( I don't know which variant but I guess most likely Sp )
    9 ( So or Sx )

    Other possible combos but less likely:

    5 ( Sx )
    2 ( Sp or So , not sure about Sx )
    1 ( Sp )

    Rare correlations that I haven't ever seen: 3 , 7 and 8
    though I heard about IEI 7

  6. #6
    You better believe in conspiracies, Scrooge. Coeruleum Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Prison beneath the Moon's orbit
    TIM
    The unmarked person
    Posts
    4,970
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missmessy View Post
    Not necessary at all , 8 can have any fix of heart triad (2,3,4) and any fix of head triad ( 5,6,7) , not always 5 and 2
    This applies to all other enneagrams
    Why and where's your evidence? There isn't much evidence of the integration or disintegration paths either, but at least that's explained in the theory, so Occam's razor applies in that case.

  7. #7
    AKA Emily Snowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    the coast of the Violet Sea
    TIM
    STudeNT , FVLE
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know what tests you did, but the best test is this :

    https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test-2

  8. #8
    AKA Emily Snowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    the coast of the Violet Sea
    TIM
    STudeNT , FVLE
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here you can find all descriptions for all enneagrams ( with instincts ) :

    https://wiki.personality-database.co...pe-description

  9. #9
    AKA Emily Snowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    the coast of the Violet Sea
    TIM
    STudeNT , FVLE
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Why and where's your evidence? There isn't much evidence of the integration or disintegration paths either, but at least that's explained in the theory, so Occam's razor applies in that case.
    Sorry I thought you were talking about tritype

  10. #10
    You better believe in conspiracies, Scrooge. Coeruleum Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Prison beneath the Moon's orbit
    TIM
    The unmarked person
    Posts
    4,970
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missmessy View Post
    Sorry I thought you were talking about tritype
    I mean, I was, but I was just saying I don't think tritype makes much sense if you also have the integration and disintegration paths.

  11. #11
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    14,012
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah a lot of IEIs probably get mistyped as 4s all the time. "Oh he's introverted and shy, he must be a 4" type of Alive-ish thinking. I thought I was 5 once, but that didn't feel like me either. I do feel I grow more by being powerful and authoriative like an 8- but who the hell doesn't? That lacks depth. For IEI - 1 and 9 seem most likely. There are probably a few IEIs are 3 as well - those are the type of IEIs that think more of what other people think of them probably. 9 fits my personal hang ups and neurosis better if I had to type myself. And I can see me integrating to 3, because the world smiles and bubbles up and comes around me like I'm a Queen Bee when I'm confident and 3-ish.

    The psychoanalysis of 5 seems too tame to me and they aren't harsh enough with them. They seem harshest with the 4s the most because 4s probably go to therapy the most and probably genuinely need the most help and the professionals who write the articles get most annoyed by them. "You are not your feelings, stop identifying so much with your emotions and your own search for identity. Get a real job and do some real work. I know you can do it!" etc. I feel bad for 4s, because they are so easy for asshole professional people to pick on (Non Te valuing) - but I also relate to being annoyed by them and telling their hippie ass to get jobs.

    One thing I don't like about the enneagram is when you integrate, it seems to be more for other people and not yourself. Even though they claim it's for you it's really to make other people more comfortable so they don't send you to Starr. Other people have accepted you but did you really change, or did you just be a manipulative Karen that gave somebody what they wanted? I want them to turn into a demon and say "Suckers. I'm not a Healthy One. I fooled you all. I'm really an Unhealthy One and I just ate a newborn baby thinking I had the right to, because only I'm the most righteous one."

    Tagging this for my home girl @Coeruleum Blue before I take my nightly walk because I think she'd get a kick out of it.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    Memo Ibarra
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missmessy View Post
    IEI 8 is the rarest combo
    Ah yes, the good old INFJ Sigma Male.

  13. #13
    Lady Lunacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,636
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI 8 is nonsensical imo. Too low Se for an 8.

  14. #14
    lavos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Prob not IEI-Ni, but IEI-Fe it's possible I think. Dwayne the rock Johnson for example.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •