While it's somewhat of a selfish interest as it's based in something @blaecaedre said about my type, I think it would be broadly productive to discuss aversion to conflict and what information elements (specifically between Fe and Fi) are most representative of it. I feel there are some contradictory ideas floating around about conflict-aversion, with some people suggesting that it is more of a Delta NF trait, and others seeming to imply that it's more related to Fe-creative types. I've also encountered the idea that it's mostly to do with subtype, and might be only minimally related to TIM. I'd love to know what people's thoughts on this are, and sort of expect them to probably fall into one of these three schools.

Coming from an MBTI background, I've always been inclined towards thinking of Fe as "Harmony" and Fi as "Authenticity". I realize that this is absolutely not a Socionics understanding of those elements, but I simply think it's important to state where I'm coming from in order to better understand the essence of my question. My current (Socionics-informed) understanding of Fe and Fi is something like this:

Fe - emotional charge in the external environment; a desire to impact/engage with that charge in some way; emotional expression in the form of build-up/release over some span of time perhaps describable by the word "catharsis"
Fi - status of relations/attitudes between the self and other individuals or between the self and objects (material or abstract); a desire to affect change regarding those statuses in order to move them towards an ideal state or states informed by other valued elements; emotional expression mostly in the form of continuous (though not necessarily unchanging) attitude towards those things (as opposed to Fe's emotional release system)

I may be horribly wrong about this, and that's what I'd like to discover here. Based on my current understanding I should expect conflict aversion to potentially be rooted in either element (though somewhat more directly related to the Fe desire to impact the emotional charge or vibe of the proverbial "room"). My inclination is to think it's not strongly diagnostic of either one element over the other.

For the sake of convenience, here's the explanation of each element given on the wiki:

Fe
Description of Fe from "Dual Nature of Man" by A. AugustaBlack (extroverted) ethics Fe

Perceives information about processes taking place in objects — first of all, emotional processes that are taking place in people, their excitation or subduedness, and their moods. This perceptual element implies the ability to know what excites people, and what suppresses them. It defines a person's ability or inability to control his emotional state, and also the emotional states of other people.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual has the innate ability to induce or convey his moods to others and energize people with his emotions. He is able to activate the psychological/spiritual lives of other people and their emotional readiness for action. You might say that such a person has the ability to infect others with his moods and tends to impose on others the emotional states that he considers beneficial for their life activities.

What people usually call emotions or a person's display of emotions is neither more nor less than a form of letting out this internal excitation directly, almost without expending it in muscle activity. A cheerful person who laughs releases an emotional charge and inner excitation through certain movements of the muscles of the face and body. This might be a means for reducing overexcitement, when inner exertion cannot be used for the activity it was intended for. But it can also be a conscious method of conveying one's excitement/agitation to others — inducing one's internal excitement/agitation in the psyches of other people. Anger, for example, is also a way of reducing overexcitement, but it is usually directed not at arousing others emotionally, but at emotionally suppressing and depleting them, at lowering their activity level, or at strictly channeling their activity.

Wikisocion description of Fe
Extroverted ethics (Fe) is an extroverted, rational, and dynamic information element. It is also called Fe, E, the ethics of emotions, or black ethics.

Fe is generally associated with the ability to recognize and convey (i.e. make others experience) passions, moods, and emotional states, generate excitement, liveliness, and feelings, get emotionally involved in activities and emotionally involve others, recognize and describe emotional interaction between people and groups, and build a sense of community and emotional unity.

Types that value Fe like creating a visible atmosphere of camaraderie with other people. They enjoy a loose atmosphere where anything goes, where people don't have to watch too carefully what they say for fear of offending others. This means these types try not to be too thin-skinned, taking jokes with a grain of salt. However, they are very conscious of the fact that the way something is said is very important to how it will be received, so they tend to add emphasis, embellishments, and exaggerations here and there to keep people engaged. The best way to say something is highly dependent on the situation and the implied purpose of the exchange, so of course levity is not appropriate in some situations.

Even after explosive arguments, these types find it hard to hold grudges, and can tolerate people they in principle don't like, as long as the situation is primarily social and doesn't require too close contact. They prefer misgivings to be out in the open; they believe that the silent treatment is one of the worst things you can do to a person, and only aggravates the underlying problem.

Fi
Description of Fi from "Dual Nature of Man" by A. AugustaWhite (introverted) ethics Fi

This is the subjective relationship between two carriers of potential or kinetic energy that shows the level of attraction (or repulsion) between one object or subject and another object or subject. Thanks to this IM element a person feels which objects attract him and which repel him. You might say that this perceptual element conveys information about objects' need or lack of need of each other and about the presence or absence of mutual or one-way needs.

Such an individual perceives information about this facet of objective reality the individual perceives as a need for certain objects that satisfy physical wishes/desires, psychological or spiritual desires, and a need for other people — in other words, a person's wishes/desires and interests that are directed toward animate and inanimate objects. This includes feelings of like and dislike, love and hatred, the desire to obtain some thing/object, etc., and greed or the absense of greed. The higher feelings of this kind can be called ethical, because relationships between people's needs are mainly regulated by ethical normals.

When this perceptual element is in the leading position, the individual possesses the innate ability to perceive and evaluate wishes/desires — both his own and others'. He always knows who wants what from whom. He is able to set his awareness of subjective reality and his wishes in opposition to those of others. He has the ability to mould and perfect both his own and others' wishes. He possesses both the ability to provide himself with necessary relationships with others and confidence in his capacity to influence other people. His correct perception of human needs allows him to avoid risky collisions when satisfying his own needs. This engenders the ability to manipulate people's attachments, and the ability and desire to influence people's ethical feelings and bring these feelings closer to societal ideals.

Wikisocion description of Fi
Introverted ethics (Fi) is an introverted, rational, and static information element. It is also called Fi, R, relational ethics, or white ethics.

Fi is generally associated with the ability to gain an implicit sense of the subjective 'distance' between two people, and make judgments based off of said thing.

Types with valued Fi strive to make and maintain close, personal relationships with their friends and family. They value sensitivity to others' feelings, and occasionally will make their innermost feelings and sentiments known in order to test the possibility of creating closeness with others.

Also, these types convey emotions in terms of how they were affected by something (such as "I did not like that"), rather than an extroverted ethics Fe approach that would describe the object itself without clear reference to the subject involved (such as "That sucked"). Much of their decisions are based on how they themselves, or others in relation to them personally, feel in contrast to considering how "the big picture" is affected (such as groups of people.)

Anyways, sorry this is developing into quite a long post, but I am intensely curious in what y'all think about this topic. What is the aversion to conflict rooted in? Is it Fe? Fi? Sometimes both or neither? Totally NTR? Subtype-related? Let me know, and use me as an example if you like. I get a nice dopamine hit and feel relevant when people talk about my type like it's important to anyone other than myself lol