Thread: A Thought About Socionics

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Thought About Socionics

Last edited by Clarke; 03-08-2023 at 02:38 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

mbti is a stepping stone into the functions, socionics refines them into more of what they really are- but it's still not perfect. Socionics still isn't as realistic or as solid as attitudinal psyche. And being aware of and valuing something are two different things. People are aware of all the functions, what you value is based on what you personally value- LIEs don't value Fe but they are still paying attention to it in a mediocre way. Awareness + not valued sounds a lot like a person's role function.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    While browsing this forum, I encountered the theory that MBTI and socionics are the same.
    The only proof you need that this isn't so:

Socionics was initially conceived, created, and developed by Lithuanian researcher Aushra Augusta in the 1970's. Aushra Augusta was an economist, sociologist, and psychologist; she was the dean of the Vilnius Pedagogical University's department of family sciences. Aushra used both Carl Jung's work on Psychological Types as well as Antoni Kepinski's theory of information metabolism in developing the foundation of socionics,and the influence of both Jung and Kepinski are obvious in the theory.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would generally say that I have a fairly low awareness of Fe. I don't understand it, and I usually just ignore it when making decisions. It's not necessarily vulnerable for me though, since I'm more impacted by others establishing their influence over me, or physical confrontations. But I think that I generally see emotionally expressive people as suspicious.

This would generally indicate that I both fit ISTJ (Fe is questionable and suspicious to me) and EII (I'm aware of Fe, but it isn't vulnerable).

Edited.
    Yeah I think it's common for Fi valuers to find Fe 'suspicious' - my IEE cousin's SLI husband is very suspicious of me like that often, cuz my creative casts Super Effecive dmg against his PoLR. I would say 'vice versa' but I feel bad, cuz he feels more sensitive of me than I am of him.

Fragile and precious things- need special handling. What have I done to Delta's Souls. lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Fe polr?) My opinion with Fe be like: ok, you act friendly, so now it's my turn to be friendly back? No, don't push me, or I would run away, don't expect any Fe from me, I don't have it, spare me please!

I like 4 Fe from Fi creative because I don't feel the need of paying Fe back to them.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "personality-database" website is full of misunderstandings. I think you should not refer to that website.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that based on my experience, memories might be stored in MBTI Si or the dominant socionics function. When I had psychological stress, I sort of lost access to my ability to reference my memories. It was hard for me to remember stuff.
    In the Tavistock Lectures, Jung emphasized that memory is not a part of the 4 cognitive functions. So how could Si store memoreis? If so, it not's Jungian at all.

The so-called "MBTI" theory, which is considered to be different from Socionics, is rather a stereotypical version of the Big Five theory instead of a Jungian typology theory.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

implies Se trickster

I realized that if Ti had been a demon function, I would've seen its usage as bad/evil (instead, I criticized myself if I seemed bad at it). Now it makes sense that I have Ni demon, because I've always seen gut reactions as questionable things to rely judgements on.

It also seems like I used Se trickster (due to the desire to get physical revenge).
    To understand your type better, I suggest you to totally forget what Beebe has said. He mixed Jung's explorations on archetypes with Jung's PType theory while fully misunderstanding Jung's fundamental ideas on psychological types. Also, his descriptions are very blur and you might find that you fit into multiple descriptions if you follow his ideas.

You should definitely read Jung and Model A to understand your type.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my early 20s, after I had developed storywriting abilities, I found MBTI and researched it, thinking that it would be a useful system to be able to predict human behavior (which would help my storywriting). However, after researching it for a while, I started to get paranoid that I was a feeler type, an INFP. I researched the system more to disprove this, and then came across socionics, which made me realize that I was an EII through the dichotomies. I corresponded this to the MBTI INFP and despaired, as I was not as logical as I thought I was. Then I criticized my friends for thinking that they were different types, tried to face read and use gut intuitions to determine peoples' types, and then finally entered a period of severe psychological stress.

During my period of psychological stress, I was reckless, not in tune with my bodily needs, and started to believe in wild conspiracy theories. I was also a random idea generator that used my random idea generation to wildly support the theories. Later during my period of psychological stress, I would theorize endlessly, keeping me up at night, and I would support my theorizations with my interpretations about my personal feelings about others.

(...)

When I was psychologically stressed, I used theorizing and idea generation to come up with justifications for my viewpoints, and used my internal feelings (how I felt about others and what they meant to me) to justify my points. I got worse at logic while stressed, and I lost touch with my memories and my self restraint.

To me the whole thing sounds like an affective issue*. Related to how you went inward with trying to get to know yourself using these typologies and thus got into your subconscious emotions and it overwhelming you, maybe. Perhaps that's what you felt like was using an unnatural set of abilities, but you can learn more emotional skills - including face reading - over time, without pushing yourself so hard - I agree with you on that - and most definitely without trying to use typology for it. This is just what I thought of reading your whole thread. Plus what I said in your type thread now about your symptoms.

*: I don't want to say affective disorder as in outright mental illness, but if your episode of "psychological stress" recurs then please, please do seek professional help instantly. Or if you feel like, not all your symptoms disappeared between episodes, again I suggest seeking help ASAP

PS. Sorry, I won't mention my suggestion again as I already noted it twice today, but I've read your whole thread here and it really had me concerned. (Fuck Socionics and MBTI too, tbh)