Hello! I'm filling out this questionnaire to gain an understanding of my Socionics type. In MBTI I'm more-likely-than-not Si-dominant (I'm still very unsure), but the Socionics definition of Si differs heavily from that of MBTI. I relate a bit to the descriptions of Fi except I don't really have personal values or a moral compass? I've just never noticed it in myself. This is quite a long questionnaire, I found it on the Sedecology website. I'm sorry if I'm spamming the forum with it!

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
I am currently in a university, majoring in geography. So far, it's pretty interesting. Geography has always been an interest of mine, from a very young age I could name the capital of any country. I love maps and learning about the processes that affect various regions!

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
I've historically loved reading, although these days I probably don't read as much as I should. I like nonfiction books, ones describing places in the world in detail. I like some fiction, mostly fantasy and magical realism. Ursula LeGuin is a favorite author of mine. I like digital mapping. Over the summer, I found a bunch of data from ballot measures in many states having to do with same sex marriage. I used a bunch of demographic indicators to create a model estimating support for same-sex marriage in any US county, and I mapped it all. it was a calming, repetitive process. In addition to geography, linguistics also interests me a lot. I love the world of conlangs (constructed languages). Language creation is beautiful to me, it is an art form. I haven't gotten very far with conlanging though because I worry that I'm doing it wrong.

What are your values, and why?
I don't really have values! I just can't think of anything! That doesn't make me amoral, I just... don't know. Maybe I do have values that are so ingrained in me that I hardly recognize that they are? Perhaps a value of mine would be being polite or dutiful, not letting others down.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
I feel like I'm closer to my friends than to my family members. Around my immediate family, I feel tense, restrained, quiet. It's not that I don't like them, they are all nice people! It's just I hardly know what to say or how to converse with any of them. I have been accused of staying in my room too much. With my friends, it's different. My humorous and energetic side shines through when I'm with them.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
I don't particularly look for anything in friends. I don't really choose the friends I have, I'm happy with letting anyone who wants to be my friend become one if they reach out enough. I've had most of my friends for quite a while. I was very scared about making friends in college but right now my friend group is pretty much my roommates which is really nice. I can't really speak to romantic relationships, as I've never been in one before. I don't really know if I have standards when it comes to that.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
I don't engage in conflicts with many people. The last little skirmish I had was probably several months ago. I sometimes kind of argue with my best friend, as they're really outgoing and extroverted, and whenever I bring up wanting alone time they think I hate them. I sometimes have little arguments with my father because he sometimes sees me as uptight, anal-retentive, worrisome, etc.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?
I'd say I'm a pretty good listener. I'm able to get along well with people mostly because I'm pretty quiet and don't like to step on their toes. I'm also dutiful. In school I was praised for always getting everything in on time, I'm conscientious when it comes to my obligations.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
I'm indirect and when I express frustration it can come out as passive aggression. I'm an obsessive worrier sometimes, I constantly think that bad things will happen if I don't do what I must do. I hate stress.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
I can manage most aspects of my life. I'm good with getting day-to-day stuff done. I guess something I need help with is... I have no idea what I want to do once I get out of college. Everything seems dumb and boring and adult life seems miserable. I guess I'd need consolation in that regard.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?
I dislike doing homework a lot. I hate working in general but it's what I must do. I just want to sit around.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?
I have no goals, no aspirations, no plans. I guess my only goal right now is to get good enough grades and enjoy my time here as best as I can.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?
My life would be pretty boring. I imagine myself sitting around reading and learning about the world, taking long walks each day and enjoying nature. I imagine I'd cook a lot, I love to cook! If the lottery money covers travel, I would enjoy that a lot! There are so many areas of the world I'd love to see but can't because it's just too expensive to fly.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
I really like eccentric and odd people, those who aren't afraid to be themselves. I don't really mind social awkwardness. Since childhood I've always gotten along quite well with those on the spectrum, although I don't think I'm autistic myself. I don't like brash, outgoing, "entrepreneurial," people. The US where I live seems to prioritize those who are very outgoing, confident, individualistic (especially in men). I don't enjoy those traits. I obviously don't like rude, loud, aggressive people. I hate loud people so much. Some people just have a resting voice that's yelling. It infuriates me how inconsiderate they are.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?
I don't beautify my environment much, I'm pretty fine being in ugly places. In my dorm room I've put up a bunch of maps that I found at used book stores to show my love for geography, but other than that I haven't done any other decorating. I tend to just leave stuff around.

How do you behave around strangers?
I am quiet, constrained, somewhat socially awkward. I feel my body stiffening around those I hardly know. I think I do this because I want to be seen as agreeable and easygoing, and I don't want to do anything that would be considered annoying or assertive.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
I'm pretty conflict-avoidant. I don't like conflict and I don't like being around people who are fighting. I can remember one instance in the past few weeks where someone did something rude to me: For context, I'm a trans girl living on a floor that's gender-inclusive. The floor below us is a mens floor. I don't really pass at this point, even though I wear makeup and pretty feminine outfits and do make an effort to pass. When I was taking the elevator down, it stopped on the mens floor. The door opened and a few guys saw me. They laughed and jumped backwards, they didn't even want to be in the elevator with me! I brushed it off at first and didn't confront them about it but it did really get to me! I hated how I could cause that reaction in people and I felt so miserable like I was some sort of freak. Whenever I see those men I avoid them as much as possible. If I have to ride in the elevator with them I pretend that I need to get my laundry so I can avoid being with them. One of their girlfriends apologized on their behalf. How cowardly must you be to not even apologize for your own actions and make your girlfriend do it instead?

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
No. I don't feel that I could manage an entire business of my own. I work best being told what to do, I'm scared of the responsibility that comes with owning a business.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
I dress pretty femininely. I don't really have any aesthetic. I mostly just combine clothes that look good to me and see what happens. I thrift most of my clothes because it's cheap and I love the feeling of sorting through the most random clothes to find beautiful treasures.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
I guess kids are fine but they're a bit annoying and I don't know how to really act around them. I don't want to be a parent. Children are just a bit too much, always screaming and being crazy. I know I was like that at one point but I don't appreciate that energy.

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?
I feel fulfilled whenever I finish a big mapping project and then I can just sit in silence for a while and observe it.

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?
Although I am socially introverted I do think I am somewhat attention-seeking. There is a toxic aspect to me which expects others to magically understand my needs when I'm too shy to assert them. In this way I relate a lot to "supine temperament." I definitely don't want to be in the spotlight, but it feels nice to be... recognized. I felt really sad and bitter in high school because I felt like all my friends had other best friends who were closer to them than me, and there was no one who considered me their best friend.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
I am definitely seen as responsible when it comes to school and work. I get stuff done because I don't want to let teachers/bosses down. I don't do responsibilities because I want to, I just fear punishment! I don't really expect much of others because I'm not really in an expectant position e.g. I've never really instructed or supervised people. What does annoy me though is when others don't do their work on group projects so I have to do it for them.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what approach would you take, and why?
I do not want to raise a child, but if I did, I'd worry that I'd be to lenient because I'm not good at ordering people around and I hate punishing people. Also I don't feel like I'd be the best at expressing parental love and I worry that I'd come off as cold and detached.

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?
I feel very awkward comforting people when they get emotional, even if I sincerely care for them! I would probably just hug said friend. I wouldn't talk, I'd let them vent or say whatever they needed to feel better, maybe nod, listen, console them. That's what I'd want someone to do for me at least!

What is your biggest accomplishment?
I don't really have a biggest accomplishment. I hate it when people are so focused on achieving accomplishments. I guess I'm just happy I've made it this far in life, that should be enough of an accomplishment for me.

What was (or is) your high school experience like?
I had a pretty non-traditional high school experience as I went to a very small public school with only 30 students in my grade. It wasn't bad, but I feel like the environment didn't challenge me enough (there were no number or letter grades at all) and now I barely have any study skills. I was on good terms with my teachers because I was good at getting assignments done and was never really a distraction in class. I had a small friend group that I was quite close to.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
A rut? Well I am sort of a creature of habit, but that doesn't really bother me. I kind of naturally have a daily routine without having to think about it because I generally like to do the same stuff at the same times I day. It makes my life pretty calm.

What is something you regret?
I regret not being outgoing enough. I feel like I've missed a lot of friend making opportunities and just experiences in general because I've stayed in my room too much. I feel like I lack a lot of social skills because I missed a lot of socializing opportunities throughout my adolescence.

Who do you admire, and why?
I don't know who I admire. There are people I find cool, but there's no one I admire really. I just love idiosyncratic people. There are also very few other trans women at my university also so I admire all of them a lot for just being themselves and for putting up with bullshit because it's hard when you get weird looks and stares each day and people assume you're a freak of nature.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
Nothing has worried or concerned me too much as of now. I don't know if I can answer this.

What are your spiritual or religious beliefs and why do you hold them?
I think I'm agnostic. I was baptized into the Catholic church but my parents are either atheist or non-practicing. I don't think anyone can definitively believe what happens after death. Definite beliefs about the universe, whether it's any religion or even atheism, raise my ire. How can you definitively know what's out there. I don't like proselytizing either. It's stupid how Evangelical and born-again Christianity try to convert others, anything that proselytizes and advertises one religious truth seems so stupid to me. I think it's important to respect the beliefs of others, because it's their truth about the universe, it's what comforts them, it makes them feel beauty and oneness, and that is great to me.

What are your political beliefs, and why? How much do you care about politics?
Well I am definitely to the left, mostly because the more right-wing party in the US does not try to hide their contempt for people like me. I do wish I cared more about politics. There are so many beyond frustrating issues - climate change, systemic racism, wealth inequality, our healthcare system, student debt... but many Democratic politicians to me seem spineless and wishy-washy.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
All the jobs I've had were tiring. I've mostly just washed dishes at restaurants because it's hard to make a good resume and dishwashing jobs hire pretty much anyone (plus you get tips sometimes)! But my ideal work environment would be quiet and not fast-paced, definitely a desk job instead of a manual one like dishwashing. I want somewhere calm.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
I'd have to say it was mathematics. I hated how essay-abundant humanities classes were. I loved learning about the world and gaining more knowledge, but essay-writing is terribly stressful to me. I'm not good at organizing my thoughts into concise little paragraphs and I think that even though my memorization skills are not bad I don't have the best critical thinking, which makes it very hard to think of a good essay thesis. I like mathematics because there is one definite answer, and the process of plugging values into equations is so beautiful and calming to me. I LOVED Calculus. It was challenging, sure, but also really fun!

What is one common misconception that people have about life? Explain why it is wrong.
I don't know if I can say there's anything that's completely wrong or completely a misconception, because everyone has their own life philosophies. I just think people shouldn't care so much about everything. I'm a hypocrite when I say this, because I care a lot about little trivial things, but if people like me did that, I think we would have happier lives!

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
In my region, there are many beautiful glacial lakes, and I stayed for a few days over the summer on the shore of one of them. I stayed for a lot of time in the bedroom there, but I also went on many long walks to immerse myself in the beauty. I visited a few waterfalls, and overall it was pretty chill and it was nice to see my family.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
I can't really name many significant events, but in a way maybe the pandemic. I experienced some losses, but the isolation was nice for me! I got to spend a lot of time in nature. It was strangely calm for me.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
In general, other people are good-natured! Most people are nice and well-meaning and genuinely want the best for society. If environmental issues are a prevalent social problem, those are definitely the most prevalent social problem. The global climate system is beautiful, I love to learn about the prevailing winds and currents and pressure zones. We are actively decimating this system. We are barreling towards another mass extinction which is really concerning.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
I likely wouldn't say anything, I don't really feel comfortable asking for things. If it's really bothering me, I'll vent to a friend instead of approaching the person withholding what I want directly. In some cases, I might even subtly hint to this person what I want to see if they pick it up, but that's only in extreme cases.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
I don't like taking leadership roles because I don't know how to effectively manage a group. I can't be assertive or direct people because I just feel like a jerk if I do that.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
I don't get angry much, I mostly just get slightly annoyed over little things. I never yell. I just get annoyed if someone is too loud or smells bad or asks stupid questions (there are a lot of these people in college) but even then I won't say anything to them and just let it slide.

What is one unusual trait or ability you possess? What makes you special?
I have good map skills and can very easily navigate my way around the world! I can point out any country on a map! I also love those little Seterra click-on-the-correct place map games. I memorized every county in Ohio for instance because I was bored. My memorization skills are indeed good. I also am pretty proud of my language-creation skills although I am not as good as some people are.

What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?
I guess my humor is pretty idiosyncratic. I don't like slapstick humor, it's a bit childish. I like really subtle humor that is just weird and dumb. For instance I superimposed a picture of Björk over a map of Missouri and called it Bjössöüri. I don't know why it was so funny to me and no one else found it funny. I also superimposed a picture of Nancy Pelosi over the lesbian flag and pretended she was a raging lesbian. I found that really funny! I joke a lot but only around my close friends, otherwise I am pretty serious and composed.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?
I feel like I have always been shy and people-pleasing to an extent for as long as I can remember (maybe people pleasing isn't the right term, more so just trying not to get in others' ways). I was a voracious reader as a kid, I am not so much now. I was always obsessed with the world in general! I would spend hours playing on Google Earth. I also would spend lots of time looking at the alphabets and writing systems of different languages. I would try to write things in them, and I would create alphabets for imaginary languages of my own. That sparked my interest in linguistics as I learned more about phonology and morphosyntax.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
Nothing especially good, but I like spending evenings getting stoned with my roommates!

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
I sometimes get consumed with worry that certain people in my life hate me or find me annoying, those feelings are rough. Sometimes I'm really self conscious about how I look.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
There is no purpose to me. We're all just... here, for better or for worse. I find knowledge meaningful, I love immersing myself into dense collections of facts and theories alike! The thoughts I have and the beautiful things I think are amazing to me. Nature is meaningful, forests are really beautiful and I love the time I spend in them.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
Once I went to Southern Utah and it was really beautiful! All the rocks were a lovely vibrant red, and dry heat was very interesting to experience!